PDA

View Full Version : side skirts

metro
21-11-2005, 01:54 PM
hi,
i'm not sure if this has already been discussed already or not....but i was wondering how hard it was to paint the side skirts of my 4th Gen.... like the grey bit on the sides and the front....

and how hard is it to take the mud guards off...

would anyone be able to help me??? possibly do a small write up for me??

thanks heaps guys

preludacris
23-11-2005, 01:02 PM
hmm not sure

check out www.preludeaustralia.com

more likely to get a response there than here. prelude section is pretty dead on ozhonda coz everybody there .

DKS51R
24-11-2005, 03:19 PM
The mud guards are easy as piss.

(thats 5gen tho), the only minor prob is getting a small screwdriver in behind the rear wheels)

But I don't think its much different for the 4thgen

Side skirts - no idea!

hi,
i'm not sure if this has already been discussed already or not....but i was wondering how hard it was to paint the side skirts of my 4th Gen.... like the grey bit on the sides and the front....

and how hard is it to take the mud guards off...

would anyone be able to help me??? possibly do a small write up for me??

thanks heaps guys

vtek
24-11-2005, 03:55 PM
its easy to take the mud gaurds off. Take the wheel off and use a screw driver theres about 3-4 screws. You will see all the screws you need to take off.

Mrkrooz
24-11-2005, 09:54 PM
Hey metro.....
i was thinkin along the same lines lol........
i wanted to paint my stocky sideskirts as well and front lip.......
Somebody told me you need to buy white primer first....( i think you can get this from Autobahn etc) and then the paint sticks to the primer acts like a sorta glue.....
If anybody knows it more in detail ....post it up cause id like to know as well....:)

Paul1985
24-11-2005, 10:08 PM
i would advise not doing it yourself.. if you do of course you need to clean the parts and use primer. You would need to buy the same paint as your prelude car paint.. not just any old white paint.

im guessing it would cost a couple hundred to have a panel beater do it for you, but it will be done properly.