PDA

View Full Version : [Euro]Warranty job on the leather steering

Guzzy888
21-11-2005, 06:31 PM
FYI,

I have had a new steering cover installed as one of the leather bits (right on top of the RHS cruise control button) was sticking up. ie: not flushed. The dealer did a warranty job and all looking good.

I know this happens to a lot of the Euros out there.

Guzzy888 :wave:

PERTH_EURO
21-11-2005, 06:37 PM
I know the bit u mean on the wheel but havent been bothered bye it.

i recently had centre console bin lid replaced, power window switch surround and leather armrest driver side replace under wrty too.
I like prestige Honda in Melville

eurotrash
21-11-2005, 06:50 PM
what was wrong with the power widow switch surround?

nav12c
22-11-2005, 08:04 AM
FYI,

I have had a new steering cover installed as one of the leather bits (right on top of the RHS cruise control button) was sticking up. ie: not flushed. The dealer did a warranty job and all looking good.

I know this happens to a lot of the Euros out there.

Guzzy888 :wave:
can you really claim warranty on this? mine is also not sitting flush and seems to be sticking out more and more, i just thgt i was being paranoid.

PERTH_EURO
22-11-2005, 02:52 PM
what was wrong with the power widow switch surround?

for whatever reason a star crack had developed in it.

aaronng
22-11-2005, 03:37 PM
Mine does not sit flush, about 2mm up. But it doesn't bother me. My steering column rattle is more irritating.

Guzzy888
22-11-2005, 05:57 PM
The fittings did bother me, well i did pay for a new car didn't i? :)

I took my car in for a service and some warranty jobs as well.

I had my center armrest lid (the joint) replaced due to it was too tight and making crackling noise. They fixed that.

Also some of my wheel nuts were rusty at the corners and they replaced it.

I mentioned the leather bits that sticks out from my steering wheel thinking they would say "it is normal", instead, they ordered a new cover for me! cool!

It is nice for Honda to replace parts under warranty but i have had too many bits and pieces replaced already! Plus, i would not like parts to be removed in the first place. Why cant the material be made better in the 1st place!

I know, some other car manufacturer could be worst than Honda. I should stop being too paranoid. ;) but i still think my concerns are fair. You will never get if you never ask.

V205
22-11-2005, 06:03 PM
My concern is sometimes they fix 1 thing and break or damage other things in the process.. not worth my grief if I can live with some imperfections. But each to their own to what they can live with. :)

The fittings did bother me, well i did pay for a new car didn't i? :)

I took my car in for a service and some warranty jobs as well.

I had my center armrest lid (the joint) replaced due to it was too tight and making crackling noise. They fixed that.

Also some of my wheel nuts were rusty at the corners and they replaced it.

I mentioned the leather bits that sticks out from my steering wheel thinking they would say "it is normal", instead, they ordered a new cover for me! cool!

It is nice for Honda to replace parts under warranty but i have had too many bits and pieces replaced already! Plus, i would not like parts to be removed in the first place. Why cant the material be made better in the 1st place!

I know, some other car manufacturer could be worst than Honda. I should stop being too paranoid. ;) but i still think my concerns are fair. You will never get if you never ask.

UNLS1
22-11-2005, 06:12 PM
My concern is sometimes they fix 1 thing and break or damage other things in the process.. not worth my grief if I can live with some imperfections. But each to their own to what they can live with. :)

if u ever have any probs with the service dept mate u just give me a call! :D

V205
22-11-2005, 10:45 PM
On that note, does your dealership offer free carwash with services? If so, do they check with the customers first??

This is threading a very sensitive issue for fastidious car owners...

if u ever have any probs with the service dept mate u just give me a call! :D

aaronx88
23-11-2005, 06:28 AM
On that note, does your dealership offer free carwash with services? If so, do they check with the customers first??

This is threading a very sensitive issue for fastidious car owners...

They do, and they dont check with customer first. If you are fastidious, it would be best for you to tell them not to wash your wash when you bring the car in for service.