PDA

View Full Version : isolator switch

destrukshn
22-11-2005, 07:59 AM
hey people.

just wondering if you guys know the rules and regulations of installing a isolator switch to run a second battery?

not quite sure it's supposed to be in the audio section..
if not my bad, and can mods please move it if necessary.

ITRBoI
24-11-2005, 11:50 AM
there are rules and regulations in putting a isolator in a second battery???

destrukshn
24-11-2005, 12:28 PM
yeah there is
i know some of em are.. that it has the in a box that is strapped down securely.. it must have a breather pipe/hose coming out of the box for ventialtion..
but the isolator switch.. well you have to have one.. but.. it must be placed somewhere.. and i need/want to know the regulations where the switch has to be mounted.
just need more info.
easy as doing it.. but.. don't want my mate to get defected for something so simple.
that's why i need to know the rules and regulations, looks like no one really knows?

mr_mojo02
24-11-2005, 02:56 PM
man i didnt know u needed an isolator switch.. i actually got defected for my battery in the boot 2 weeks ago.. according to that officer.. it must be secure so that it cant move at all and have some kind of ventilation.. thats all he said and ive found (as most people have) that noone really knows the regs.. eg each copper will say a different thing as will the rta

destrukshn
24-11-2005, 03:06 PM
well i know all that.. well in case of an accident you can dis engage yout second battery. but the switch has to be mounted in a certain area.
also must have a sticker showering clearly where the switch is.