PDA

View Full Version : Whiteline rear swaybar/ tiebar review

BseriesPLZ
22-11-2005, 11:38 AM
Whiteline rear swaybar/ tiebar review

The car: Honda civic ek hatch

Thanks to Trav and underground imports for getting me these bars. While the tie bar is fairly light, it has a nice sturdy construction and the heavier sway bar feels like it will add value to the car. All the hardware came with the kit as well as some very basic instructions.

Install: Whitelines instructions were less than helpful. It took a combination of looking at the single page sheet, checking some photos off the net and a phone call to whiteline to figure out the exact location of the bar and in what order the multiple different washers sat.

Overall the installation of the bars was not that difficult (and after installing them you realise how relatively easy they are to install). The trickiest part of the install (after realising how it all goes together) is working with the lower control arm bolts. When the bolts are initially taken out the control arm dropped. To rectify this, a jack was used to raise it gradually into place so that the bolt would slide back in.

See Travs review to see how the unit goes together (although the ek is slightly different).

Overall Impressions: Well the bars look great under the car. They are rather visible (if you not what you are looking at) and the polished finish of the tie bar make it stand out in a nice way.

The first thing to notice is how much more stable the rear end is. The car is firmly planted to the road and corners that may have been unnerving in the past have become easy for the car. Side to side movement of the rear end has been greatly reduced. These bars have provided much more confidence in the car and what it can handle.

For the price these bars provide a great improvement to the car and I would recommend them to anybody who is looking for a good handling upgrade to their Honda.

cheers Will

egSi
22-11-2005, 12:15 PM
awesome man, thanks for the comments, so glad your happy. :)

|N|
22-11-2005, 12:34 PM
trav i want to be like him too

Zdster
22-11-2005, 12:36 PM
Nice review. Sounds like they are a good addition to the car. So how long did it end up taking you to install the bars with all that running around? :D

egSi
22-11-2005, 12:53 PM
get ur act together nick :p

|N|
22-11-2005, 01:02 PM
get ur act together nick :p

i tried... but u didnt like it

BlitZ
22-11-2005, 02:22 PM
good to see your ahppy with it..
did u have any troubles getting the rear lower contorl arm bolt back in..(comes out of alignment)

my leftt size always gets me each and every time..

22-11-2005, 02:23 PM
is your ek4 or ek1... since the effect of the bar would be different on both models (ek1 doesnt have front sway bar)

unless you upgraded your front bar also to a 24mm or 27mm whiteline.?

egSi
22-11-2005, 02:37 PM
the car is an ek1 hatch man

28RAG
23-11-2005, 08:42 PM
great write up mate

xtercii
23-11-2005, 10:54 PM
how much ruffly am i looking at to get these bars? cheers.

vteccoupe
24-11-2005, 12:24 AM
how much ruffly am i looking at to get these bars? cheers.

yea im interested to know as well...hw much for both the swaybar and tie bar..also is the swaybar 22mm in diameter?

egSi
24-11-2005, 08:40 AM
for prices on whiteline stuff plz pm me guys, im not really allowed to post prices.

thanks