PDA

View Full Version : Air Bags + Sway & Strut Braces?

28RAG
22-11-2005, 02:34 PM
is this a disaster waiting to happen? my car has airbags and i am heading to the track in a couple of months and thought (seeing i can get fulcrum/whiteline gear through work) i should get front and rear sway bars and strut braces but with the raising and lowering of the bags would this twist and break strut braces and/or do damage to other parts of the suspension due to it all being so tight from fitting these items?

i have a set of coilovers i can fit if the above combination will do damage :p id prefer handling over wank factor of bags but theyre always fun

thanks in advance

CoZZm0
22-11-2005, 07:58 PM
track work and airbags aren't compatible as far as i'm concerned...

traNce_gl
22-11-2005, 08:10 PM
not a good mix.. If u really wanna hit the track take them out and put ur springs in

SKREMN
23-11-2005, 05:27 PM
id say if anything doing sway bars and braces will help and work well but if anything it will damage and/or bust your bags

28RAG
23-11-2005, 06:28 PM
ok thanks guys, turns out we're taking the bags out (due to legalities) and will just put them on for shows.

thanks very much for the help

traNce_gl
23-11-2005, 09:28 PM
You got a pic of ur car layed out .?

he-tec
27-11-2005, 06:33 PM
james at tubular suspension systems wahroonga says the bags are good for tracking

DOCH16
28-11-2005, 10:29 PM
anyone know where i can get whiteline strut and sway bars from, in melbourne and how much it would roughly cost for a whole set up??

[T][L]
28-11-2005, 11:04 PM
anyone know where i can get whiteline strut and sway bars from, in melbourne and how much it would roughly cost for a whole set up??

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=65

pm egsi.. he sell white line things

Limbo
29-11-2005, 04:04 PM
Yeah EGSi i got mine from him also comes couriered to your door at a very good price.

P.S I don't see how the bars will affect your car's airbags as it only stiffens the chassis. I noted with my braces they actually absorbed some of the vibrations on take-off also, so i don't see where they will harm. My friend use to track his car all the time and it never affected his airbags. I might actually save your life on the track!

Also its illegal to take out airbags if yoru gonna drive it normally also. All cars with airbags standard must have working airbags.

bungsai
29-11-2005, 05:12 PM
dude.....DUDE!?!?!?...

he's talking about airbag suspension...haha *oops

Domokun SPL
07-12-2005, 06:16 PM
There shouldnt be any issues with air suspension and upgraded suspension parts, as they only replace the standard stuff and sit in the same position.

Regardless, you wouldnt be adjusting the suspension while driving anyway because thats illegal in all Australian States...right...;)

Airbags are not bad for track work, as long as they are coupled with good shocks and a good management unit (can get computerized unit that control it all automatically)

Let us know.

crxzzR
07-12-2005, 08:22 PM
Yeah EGSi i got mine from him also comes couriered to your door at a very good price.

P.S I don't see how the bars will affect your car's airbags as it only stiffens the chassis. I noted with my braces they actually absorbed some of the vibrations on take-off also, so i don't see where they will harm. My friend use to track his car all the time and it never affected his airbags. I might actually save your life on the track!

Also its illegal to take out airbags if yoru gonna drive it normally also. All cars with airbags standard must have working airbags.

ur kidding right? :D