PDA

View Full Version : extractors

91civic
17-03-2004, 08:51 PM
hi there,

just wondering if anyone could help me, im looking for help on extractors, i just want to find out some info on them, on how they work, how mcuh they cost and wat differecne do they make, eg. such as how much more power do they give?

also if anyone in perth can help me, please if you can pm or email me, or post up a price and contact info or so

cheers andrew

Civic Type R
17-03-2004, 09:26 PM
Andrew, dude there are heaps of people over here in Perth who can help you.
Come and catch up with mus at [cabin] at burswood this weekend and ill have a chat to you :)

2ds
17-03-2004, 11:06 PM
extractors are the pipes between the exhaust ports on your engine block and your catalytic converter. (a cat back exhause runs from your cat to your muffler)

hence if you want to do a full exhaust upgrade you get some extractors a cat back exhaust and possibly a high flow cat if you are feeling cashed up.

depending on what sort of power you want chosing the right type of extractors is crucial. 4-1 extractors tend to offer more gains in the upper rpm bands while 4-2-1 extractors offer more midrange gains. most of the factory extrractors on the hondas are quite good so cheap aftermarket extractors might actually lose power for you.

-2ds

Civic Type R
18-03-2004, 01:03 PM
not to mention the stock cast iron extractors are damn HEAVY !
The stock primarys are as heavy as my full 4-1 one peice ;)

fusion_VTi
18-03-2004, 01:56 PM
so does anyone know if its worth putting them on my sohc vtec engine?? i wanna be around 110 kw's would extractors + hi flow +2.25" exhaust +pod + cai gain me around 14kw at the motor??? sorry for hijacking your thread man but i've been wondering this myself.

McChook
18-03-2004, 01:57 PM
hell no

Civic Type R
18-03-2004, 02:09 PM
thats right HELL NO !

you will get about 5kw gain at the motor with your engine.

SIKCVC
18-03-2004, 04:31 PM
You get an increase on the DOHC non-vtec... dunno why you wouldn't with the SOHC vtec... care to elaborate fellas?

LatinoHatchCrap
18-03-2004, 04:58 PM
its objective...i've seen people gain shit all with H/HFC/E even on DOHC motors. It comes down to the quality of the products and the engine condition. Generally speaking DOHC motors will respond better as the original design of the bolt ons is focused on quietness and milage :thumbsup:

Mitch M
18-03-2004, 08:58 PM
If i was to be a good set of extractors not a cheapo set, how much would it look at costing me and about how much gain will i see?

Further more, cat-back 2.25" exhaust, how much cost and power gain?

i wouldn't expect much, i just want to check out bang for buck...

thanks in advance

SIKCVC
18-03-2004, 11:37 PM
I have a 91 EG civic Si (import however) same shit different smell, paid $160 for my cat-back, through my dads mate(no special discount, except i dont think i paid installation but its only like 20 more or something) same thing through some guys in box hill $300+ without instilation, that was a rebadge job though.

My best example of a non rebadge effort. Pacemaker exstractors for a VR-VS commo, RRP $650, he sells them for $480. Fitted.

He does a FARKING good job knows his work better than most people in melbourne and charges piss all.