PDA

View Full Version : Apexi RSM-GP with G Sensor Help

EuroAccord13
18-03-2004, 03:05 AM
Anyone actually timed their Euros yet? The local mag ran 8.0 on the stock Euro and I feel that it should collect a faster time than that.. we'll find out soon....

Installing the RSM-GP with G Sensor in my Euro for the WANK factor :P

I've had that in my MagnaSports before and I've got pretty consistant performance times through both 0-100km/h and quarter mile. I've heard the margin of error/correction on the Apexi is 3-5%??

Anyone installed one in their Euro? I was fiddling around earlier in the car with the RSM to find a place to put it in, was thinking of putting it on the top right of the windscreen but I can't seem to get the A pillar column out to see if I can run it down there and to the ECU. The wires on the RSM are quite long...

I don't want to put it on the dash as it would attract unwanted attention. I put the RSM on the right aircon duct in my Magna and tried it on the Euro, doesn't fit coz it'll block the dimister, on top of the duct, it'll be too cramped as I also want to put the VAFC together with the RSM.

Was also thinking of the centre console so that I can close the lid and hide it but that console is so useful and it will also be harder to adjust the units if I need to. Anyone have any suggestions to where I can put them?

CHEERS
Nick

yfin
18-03-2004, 07:15 AM
As for times - these guys in NZ got a 7.6 to 100ks for the base model 6MT. NOt sure if that includes a passenger.

Wheels magazine in Aus achieved 8.1 but that was for the luxury manual which weighs 35 or so kgs more. I also think Wheels also time with a passenger.

http://motoring.nzoom.com/motoring_detail/0,2734,211355-388-390,00.html

A'PEXi
18-03-2004, 07:30 PM
under the headunit?... normally theres a free slot there.... does the wiring suit the euro?

EuroAccord13
18-03-2004, 10:29 PM
under the headunit?... normally theres a free slot there.... does the wiring suit the euro?

The wiring is tapped to the required ECU feeds that's all, eg, tacho or speed.. No problems with that.

THe VAFC will also work on the i-VTEC with no issues at all.

Under the Euro headunit is the aircon, and under it is a little console box which I find it very useful to put my junk :P... I would have to find another place :(

VTEC16
18-03-2004, 10:48 PM
THe VAFC will also work on the i-VTEC with no issues at all.

hope its a VAFC II ....otherwise im pretty sure it wont work....

EuroAccord13
19-03-2004, 04:33 AM
Yeah, it's a VAFC II...

Now that leads me to wonder if Apexi will come out with one specially for the i-VTECs hahahahha.

CHEERS
Nick

A'PEXi
19-03-2004, 09:20 AM
i've got heaps of pics of stealth places that people have put them... some in the sun visor... cut out parts of their dash.... near where the handbrake is.... etc etc.

revolution
19-03-2004, 07:27 PM
Just stick it in front of your Speedo....(ie. On ur cluster)

EuroAccord13
21-03-2004, 01:03 AM
Just stick it in front of your Speedo....(ie. On ur cluster)

Thought about that and it's not illegal too.. but I kinda want the RSM and VAFCii to be together like a married couple and I don't think the cluster will fit 2 in.. not sure but might have a look...

A'PEXi
21-03-2004, 09:54 AM
shoot me an email and ill send u a few pics...