PDA

View Full Version : Tracking my EG...

EK Civic R
25-11-2005, 10:59 AM
Just wondering those of you who have tracked their car what wheel size and tires you use??

I got 195/55/15 BS GIIIs on mine now and have another set of wheels which I wanna use for tracking.. I'm interested in semi slicks
Anyone use semis?? And how do they compare to performance street tires??

I did a search, but couldn't find much..

Thanks in advance

[R]
25-11-2005, 11:13 AM
ive tracked my car before and the tyres u have on ur car at the moment are fine..

best thing to do is progressively go out there and see what improvements ur mods do..

like eg. go track with ur current setup.. then head back with semis.. u'll see the difference..

semi's are much better than street tyres on track because they have a stronger side wall..

also better grip once the tyres are warmed up.. street tyres chew up real easy...

barefootbonzai
25-11-2005, 11:18 AM
I'm currently rolling on advan A048's and they are superb. Cornering speeds are incredible. You can't even compare street tires with them.

EK Civic R
25-11-2005, 12:17 PM
Yea, I'm worried that the street tires will just wear out too quickly..
I've heard that the GIIIs aren't good on track, not coz it's not sticky enough, but they get chewed up real bad..

Barefoorbonzai: how much do the advans go for roughly??

barefootbonzai
25-11-2005, 12:21 PM
for 15's around $900 a set. Edw-R in the traders sell them.

[[d a n n y]]
25-11-2005, 01:15 PM
hyung toyo's :D

they are really really good tyres..

i can show ya on my EG

[R]
25-11-2005, 01:28 PM
Yea, I'm worried that the street tires will just wear out too quickly..
I've heard that the GIIIs aren't good on track, not coz it's not sticky enough, but they get chewed up real bad..

Barefoorbonzai: how much do the advans go for roughly??i took my car on track last time on calder park with the same tyres as you..
the tyres were ok.. i did about 70-80 laps and they were chewed up a bit but nothing too bad..
don't think you have anything to worry about mate! just go out there and have fun

EK Civic R
25-11-2005, 01:41 PM
]']hyung toyo's :D

they are really really good tyres..

i can show ya on my EG

Yea, I heard toyos are pretty good...
Maybe go round a few places and get some prices
and hopefully start tracking early next yr, once I get other little things fixed up as well...

Thanx fellas

incoming
25-11-2005, 01:52 PM
i've yet to track my car too...

but i've used azenis rt215 on street and its awesome...
pretty good in wet weather too hehe

they were more high performance street tires then semi's....

i've got a set of toyo's r881's sitting in my garage waiting for some1 to organise a track day...
edit: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?p=515910#post515910
track day!!!

Vivski
25-11-2005, 11:35 PM
If you do take the GIIIs the track, make sure you get the right pressures into them... yours are the same size as my Goodyear GS-D3s. Probably up around the 42-44psi mark (or more... check the side of the tyre for max pressure) to stiffen up the sidewall... else they'll melt quicker than butter in a microwave.
I've been told to put mine to 50psi if I take them to the track, but that might be a bit much.

It's a bit off topic, but something to keep in mind.