PDA

View Full Version : After Market Bonnet

b18cfreak
25-11-2005, 03:36 PM
Hey all, I'm thinking of possibly getting a new bonnet / having bonnet vents installed on my current one.. Problem is way to much heat under the hood, i need a way to get it all out so i was thinking bonnet vents would be the way to go, just wondering if anyone knows of places i should go or products i should look at, if you have pics and stuff that would be even better :D

Also on the same topic of heat under the hood, just wondering if any one else feels their engine bay is getting just too hot.. I have a b18c that i constantly take into vtec, it has stainless steel extracters and they are basically the cause of the problem on my car.. I have a mate who keeps telling me to get them heat wrapped but i have read around on g2ic and people say that they can or will eventually cause extractors to crack because it puts to much stress on them or something.. Does any one know whether wrapping my extractors would be a good idea, i know it prolly would solve the heat issue but would there be any bad consiquenses?

Any one more thing lol i have a pod filter and was wondering if i was to install i think its an airconditioning fan next to it would it make much of a difference to induction, how my car is set up it doesn't get any air from outside, just from in under the bonnet.. (the fan is a circular thing that just blows all around it full 360)

Thanks for all the help guys

FR33K
25-11-2005, 04:55 PM
Heat wrap can put a bit of stress on the headers and make them crack.. guess it depends on the quality of the headers you got

SKREMN
25-11-2005, 08:26 PM
My headders firstly cracked from heat so got them ceramic coated and this reduced the heat it gave off and made them stronger also
I later cracked them due to other factors
gives a nice look to them also

this fan you talk about?
wheres it gonna go?
wheres it gonna get air from?
do you have an exposed pod?
i have a cornerd off box feading cold air from under and outside
natural forces

JRC
26-11-2005, 12:37 AM
My advice to you is imo
1) Get a cold air intake or make one yourself....put the piping in around your front guard
2) There are aftermarket fans they make for B18C engines. They are a lot more powerful and channel away hot air a lot better.
3) Get a CF bonnet with some venting. Ive got one of these on my DC2 and it does help move bit of heat away....but also lets water in....but you save weight as well
4) Also an aftermarket radiator and low temp thermostat could help too....

Hope that helps

TypeRice
13-01-2007, 01:43 AM
rain water will get into your engine bay if your bonnet have vents on it..

true or false?