PDA

View Full Version : installing extractors

ICV 73C
27-11-2005, 12:38 PM
hey guys. i was wondering when installing extractors into a eh9 civic sedan 94. its basically bolt on, correct ? no cat back needed ? etc... because i went to a guy who said that it won't fit, and that theres no use for it, and that i'll get nothing out of it (not even sound) without a cat back exhaust system. please help. this guy Bugged me :thumbdwn:

SKREMN
27-11-2005, 12:42 PM
It will only bolt on if its made for your car specificly
you will get very minimal gains without going cat back

VTi_b0i
27-11-2005, 12:43 PM
ummm well i had a cat back- then i went and got extractors and high- flow cat put on so the rest of the exhaust got done, it goes better up to 3k RPM and VTEC sounds a little bit louder... thats bout it tho...so i dont know what it would be like with JUST extractors... it would go a tiny bit better i guess..

ICV 73C
27-11-2005, 12:44 PM
yep its a 4-2-1 xforce specially made for my d16y1.

but it will fit, correct ?

because the guy really shitted me when he said it won't fit. (Fu..n lost k..T) i just turned around and walked out of the workshop

Lukezen27
27-11-2005, 12:54 PM
yep its a 4-2-1 xforce specially made for my d16y1.

but it will fit, correct ?

because the guy really shitted me when he said it won't fit. (Fu..n lost k..T) i just turned around and walked out of the workshop

Should fit

FYI
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15919&highlight=xforce+install

But maybe your car has had some other work after stcok and they changed things

VTi_b0i
27-11-2005, 12:54 PM
they will fit the block yes, but will they fit onto the stock zorst afta the extractors i dont know... cuase they will probably be longer then the stock ones...

bennjamin
27-11-2005, 01:23 PM
lol where did u go ? Any reputeable place will be able to fit that header easy.
What reasons did he give you "WONT FIT" ?!?

Lukezen27
27-11-2005, 01:33 PM
lol where did u go ? Any reputeable place will be able to fit that header easy.
What reasons did he give you "WONT FIT" ?!?

So Ben's ""Banned"" hehe

Did you Ban yourself :p

ICV 73C
27-11-2005, 01:45 PM
i jst went local to get quotes but the guy was just a wanker. he had no clue what so ever.

bennjamin
27-11-2005, 01:47 PM
So Ben's ""Banned"" hehe

Did you Ban yourself :p

yes it was for the better of humanity ;)

anyway lets keep on topic fellas :)

I cannot see how this WONT fit - it will bolt up and the collector needs to be cut and simply rewelded to the existing stock collector -

Limbo
27-11-2005, 06:11 PM
any decent exhaust shop will make watever exhaust you want fit. I've even seen a 4" dump pipe put to a 3" exhaust system, so there is no such thing. Just might need to spend more $ for them to do it that's all. A simple bolt on with a minimal flange will cost you maybe around $100. Just ring some places.