PDA

View Full Version : Urgent help needed. Steering problem...

Nodachi
27-11-2005, 09:26 PM
Hey guys having some serious problem to my car.. acouple of weeks back i had an accident with my civic, and after fixing it.. i found that my steering is going all over the place.. the shocks are okay.. did an alighment and still the problem is not fixed.. After i've change the rims.. You can clearly see that the wheel is bent at an angle.. i would like to ask wat might be the problem? (control arm?) and how much to fix..

Thanks all
Daniel

27-11-2005, 09:41 PM
strut?

incoming
28-11-2005, 06:53 AM
i found that my steering is going all over the place..

u mean its steering by itself? it wants to turn when ur going straight?

destrukshn
28-11-2005, 07:07 AM
wheel could be buckled

Nodachi
28-11-2005, 10:22 AM
wheel is not buckled... the original buckle wheel is in gone for good...
What i meant by steering going everywhere is... when driving on stright road...suddenly the car tilt leaft or right when the steering is stright...hmmm..very dangerous to drivin atm..

amurray
28-11-2005, 10:38 AM
hey man, throw it on a flat bed and take it to the place that was fixed it, and tell em what is happening.. also jack her up, look under the wheel see if steering clolum is bent ( message from my Brother )

[R]
28-11-2005, 12:11 PM
could be steering column..

however might even be the bolt under the control arms may be loose?
i've had that problem before where one of the wheels have play and the other normal.

either jack it up or put it up on a hoist and see what your problem may be..

Sydsyd
28-11-2005, 12:52 PM
i had the same problem before...turned out that the driveshaft was slightly bent...after fixing it and then doing wheel alignment all is good as new now...

that's from my experience, but it could also be the (power) steering...

MRH-22A
28-11-2005, 03:42 PM
If your steering is wobbly even when goin straight then i rekon the bolt under the control arm or knuckle is loose. U can test this by jacking up the car... hold onto the tyre and jiggle it left and right.

Your cross member could also be bent... this was wat happened to me and i didnt find out until i realised i couldnt do a u-turn on a wide street anymore. I was quoted $450 to replace it.

Captiva_Blue
28-11-2005, 05:18 PM
You may have bent one of your steering arms or one of your struts/wishbones etc. I'm guessing, from the fact that you buckled a rim, that you hit a gutter or median strip as the problem you described is quite common after this kind of accident. Take it back to where you got it fixed and get them to finish what they started...

Just out of curiosity, was this an insurance job or did you front the cash yourself and are you with NRMA... :)

Nodachi
28-11-2005, 06:53 PM
not NRMA... pure own fault...
thanks for all the help..after my trusty mechanic (Ben yO~!) looked at it..it seems all the control arms and stuff are normal and fawless (maybe not exactly 100% fawless). he told me that the tires maybe haven't balanced....