PDA

View Full Version : h22a CD5 OEM cruise control finally fitted.

h22a accord
28-11-2005, 06:48 PM
Hey all, anybody that has done a conversion on their accord will realise that the cruise control wont hook up because there is no brackets for it!

I got my friend to retro fit the existing cruise control using the parts from the accord engine by modifying them to fit and creating a new bracket to hold the existing cruise control cable.

The bracket with the cruise control cable return spring that bolts onto the end of the throttle body is removed from the accord and is made longer so it sits about 1cm out further from the throttle body. for this is so it lines up with the cruise control actuator that we modified to fit onto the end of the throttle body butterfly shaft- this actuator usually doesnt sit on the end of the shaft, it sits on the shaft closer in to the throttle body on the accord- this is the reason the return spring bracket has to be lengthened so it sits out further to line up with the actuator that sits out further on the end of the shaft.

Then u have to make a bracket to hold the cruise control cable....this was made so the cable would line up at the right angle with both the return spring and the actuator.

We then for the return spring to work and the cable to have free movement, had to remove the metal water pipe that is part of the breather pipe that joins the rocker cover and the intake pipe. We redirected it out of the way with a rubber hose that i had lying about on a mates old d15 engine ( it had the correct bends in it so the hose wouldnt kink)

here is the finished product- in the first pic, all the things circled are parts we needed to add/modify and are in order from left to right.

1)cruise control cable return spring- modified to fit
2)cruise control actuator modified to fit
3) custom bracket- modified to fit

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v223/dtaila/cruise1.jpg

here is another shot with all things circle from left to right and in order from left to right.

1) cruise control cable return spring
2) pipe that was modifyed and hose redirected out of the way ( u cant see them now)
3) cruise control actuator
4) custom bracket

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v223/dtaila/cruise2.jpg

The best part is that it looks factory and it works exactly the same as it did with the f22b engine- no more stiff leg on long trips!

biggups to my friend! he is a genius!

Eclipsor
28-11-2005, 07:50 PM
That is so cool. Does the ecu just control it? Or does it have a seperate control module? Or is it all just mechanical?

PNR888
28-11-2005, 09:09 PM
Good on you and your friend!!! :thumbsup:

I can survive without cruise control.. My right foot gets very lazy once I hit the highway.

nickiipoohz
28-11-2005, 09:15 PM
whoa that is mad mad... but it sounds way too complicated for me to do lol.

ECU-MAN
28-11-2005, 09:41 PM
That is so cool. Does the ecu just control it? Or does it have a seperate control module? Or is it all just mechanical?

awosme work dude

Eclipsor, the cruise control has its own control unit.

kam
29-11-2005, 08:59 AM
you guys are crazy, im too scared to mess with the engine bay, might screw something up! bye bye ivtec !

MRH-22A
29-11-2005, 07:58 PM
hey good work!
might try mine 1 day