PDA

View Full Version : How fast does my car wanna be !!!!!

2.R.I.C.E.Y
19-03-2004, 11:57 AM
:x that was my face when i bought my CRX and found out it was a slow piece of crap

:) that was my face when i bought the Type R Integra Engine

:o That was my face when i got it turbo charged ( TO3 Garret, plasmaman intercooler, Blitz BOV, and APEXi guages )

:shock: that was the engineers face when he was inspecting it for Blue slip

:P that was my face when i first drove it out of the workshop

:D that was my face wwhen a westie in his "typical V8" rolled up and wanted to race on the Great Western

:twisted: this was my face after i hit boost all the way till the next lights where i told the guy to suck balls....

:cry: this was my face after i got home after a good day of thrashing it and had stuff all tyres left......

QUESTION ??

What do i do to my car to make it "more ricey" coz it looks to stock man apart from the outrageous inter cooler on the front.....

P.s. Keep in mind i have a sort of limited budget as it cost me $45000 for all the enigine and driveline mods.....

[[d a n n y]]
19-03-2004, 11:59 AM
put a massive kit and neons all over the place...

kiddoDC2
19-03-2004, 12:00 PM
lol love this post

go neons everywhere man

fozee
19-03-2004, 12:05 PM
wtf do you want to make, what sounds like an awsome sleeper, into a show pony 'RICER' ride??

It will attract more of the wrong kind of attention, youll become even more paranoind about leaving it places.

Im completely baffled.....

Oh well each to their own

Weq
19-03-2004, 12:17 PM
If the man has $45k to spend on a CRX, the man has enough cash to replace anything thats stolen!

SIKCVC
19-03-2004, 12:23 PM
Dude i could tell you too many cheap ricer sh|t to do but i wont coz i wont let you ruin a perfectly good sleeper... if you want a show pony car, got out and buy a breeze and rice it up. plus you can put the CRX engine in that and get a little bit of power :D otherwise you'll find your stereo has more power than the breeze.

[[d a n n y]]
19-03-2004, 12:43 PM
dont knock the breeze..

VTEC16
19-03-2004, 01:15 PM
if you want a show pony car, got out and buy a breeze

waay harsh man :thumbsdown:

fusion_VTi
19-03-2004, 01:23 PM
rice cop.com and fill out the infringement notices :d

fozee
19-03-2004, 01:40 PM
lol

Toby
19-03-2004, 01:41 PM
how ricey do you wanna go? you must add 19" chrome rims :P do you actually wanna build a show car? I like the Boom/Boom2 kits for the CRX found at: www.fibremotive.com.au

but if you wanna go xtreem :twisted: go to www.racingspec.com.au and check out the Ground Design 2000 body kits they are crazy as check out the wide body kit for the CRX. WOW :shock:

McChook
19-03-2004, 02:07 PM
w00t, high compression Type R engine goes turbo...

SIKCVC
19-03-2004, 02:18 PM
SIKCVC wrote:
if you want a show pony car, got out and buy a breeze

waay harsh man

I didn't mean it like that I ment, they are the cheapest EG civics you can get but they still have the same style and hence are easy to rice up with the ubundance of ricy parts available for the EG;s, he said he was on a budget. Better than going out and bying an EG-4 just for the extra power and mod cons when he's got all that crap in the CRX... plus it would be a good car for a daily driver. I would imagine the CRX would chew through petrol compared to the Breeze. it would also be a barsted in the wet :p

[[d a n n y]]
19-03-2004, 02:49 PM
he doenst need a new car

he's already got a CRX with ITR gear

SIKCVC
19-03-2004, 02:58 PM
Ok then if he wants rice he can start with a full custom kit around 5K then get a total respray and some sort of airbrushed graphics. Either darkest legal tint or no tint at all. Retrim your car in some form or soft leather, another 4-5K. get a nice stereo... spare no expence on the HU, better yet get a in dash LCD+DVD player... they go for around 2K second hand now days. You'll need subs... at least 2 and make sure you have a fibre glass box for that extra bit of style, again line it the box with leather or alternativly spray it and use similar graphics on the enclosure... You'll also need some showy amps. 1 would do for sound but 2 for looks. Of cource you'll need speakers but theres no need to go crazzy with them unless you want quality. Finally you'll need wheels since your going show pony style chromes are your only choice, unless you want race style then 16in buddys or 17in Volks.

I figure if you've got 45K to spend on an engine you've got another 15-20 for style. How much do you want to spend and then we'll give you some serious advice.

SIKCVC
19-03-2004, 03:00 PM
oh and since your car has balls... its a show car not rice. no matter what you add it will always have balls to match so while on say my car it would be rice on your car it would be "style"

CRX_GOD
19-03-2004, 03:45 PM
and this is my face when i read this post :roll: (bullshit) show us some pics mate ;)

madgrk
19-03-2004, 03:46 PM
i wanted to say it, but i felt it would have been frowned upon. im glad somebody else feels the same too :)

McChook
19-03-2004, 03:47 PM
yeah, i agree.... but I'm sick of the harassment

XXpl0Sive
19-03-2004, 04:10 PM
No offence, but I smell bullshit ;)

Mitch M
19-03-2004, 04:15 PM
look i don't understand the attitude of some here. to start off yes, i do have a ricey Civic Si. However, only because it is cheaper to go for looks than power.

This guy has done his engine mods, and its a very good car. Would be an awesome sleeper, but the fella wants some better looks. Perfectly understandable IMO.

In my opinion though, i wouldn't go the neon trend. I'd say a nice kit [something that appeals to YOU], import some special tail lights. Something different, something other than altezzas. Get some good rims, not chromes, thats been played out. Powder coat is good but it heading done the track of being played out like chromes. Make sure they are light weight. Doesn't really matter about the size of them, 17" i would say, if you want to take it to the track then stick your stockies back on.

Lower it, get some good suspension, new shocks and shit.

Headlights.

Interior Retrim, and paint work.

Thats what i would do personally. But to do that all at once you are looking at alot of money:
- A unique paint job = Average - 6k Good - 7 ~ 8k Awesome - 9 ~ 10k
- Interior Retrim of EVERYTHING = Vinyl - 4 ~ 5k Italian Leather - 6 ~ 7k German Leather - 8 ~ 9k
- Head Lights and Tail Lights = $800 ~ $1000 for something imported and very unique
- Body Kit installed and sprayed = Off the shelf - 2 ~ 3k Custom - 3.5k ^ [can go up amazingly high, depends on whether your customising an off the shelf kit, or completly custom designing]
- Rims = $1200 ~ $6000 all depends on what you want, probably in between $1500 and $2000 most likely

they are just guestimate figures, the definete ones are the Interior and paint. And they are high quality worksmanship not dodgy crap.

XXpl0Sive
19-03-2004, 04:27 PM
Prove all the haters wrong..
What brakes, clutch, exhaust do you have?
How many pounds do you run?

And pics please :) I'm sure we'll all benefit from them.

SIKCVC
19-03-2004, 04:36 PM
Thats what i would do personally. But to do that all at once you are looking at alot of money:
- A unique paint job = Average - 6k Good - 7 ~ 8k Awesome - 9 ~ 10k
- Interior Retrim of EVERYTHING = Vinyl - 4 ~ 5k Italian Leather - 6 ~ 7k German Leather - 8 ~ 9k
- Head Lights and Tail Lights = $800 ~ $1000 for something imported and very unique
- Body Kit installed and sprayed = Off the shelf - 2 ~ 3k Custom - 3.5k ^ [can go up amazingly high, depends on whether your customising an off the shelf kit, or completly custom designing]

Holly crap I hope you didn't pay that much for any of your stuff... thats WAY over priced. Well the lights i have no idea about but the rest WoW I'm amazed you got quoted this much.

I could get a retrim of everything in vinal for around 1k well thats an over estimate anyway, Dunno about leather I think it was around 3K money i dont have just so i can look kool and burn myself in the summer. Maybe in a year...

Toby
19-03-2004, 08:35 PM
yes lets see some pics :D

fozee
19-03-2004, 09:13 PM
im with the other guys... sound more like a wind up

but please, please..... PLEASE prove me wrong!!!!!!

but if you do prove me wrong youll gain no more respect as you will puck up an awsome example of Hardware with add on looks...

Baaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

A'PEXi
20-03-2004, 01:30 AM
put some airbags on it, and some 2 billion inch chromies and multi colour paint job :P

bizee_1
20-03-2004, 04:12 AM
how about some stickers too....

LatinoHatchCrap
20-03-2004, 10:55 AM
http://www.coresupreme.com/gallery/albums/userpics/normal_fdabc7a2.jpg

fusion_VTi
20-03-2004, 05:54 PM
hahaha **** thats funny. i too would like to see pics but looks like he's gone quiet, must be out on the track hehehe

McChook
20-03-2004, 05:57 PM
Maybe his crx is orange and has online performance stickers

otherwise
http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~haydn/funny_pics/thread_gay_02.gif

kimbi
21-03-2004, 05:09 PM
cmon kids.. lets give him the benefit of the doubt (he mightnt have access to a pc to reply yet!!).. id love to see his car though, sounds awesome!!!

to make it more ricey i really feel you need to get a giant wing.. something at least 3 levels and 15in high!!! hehehe :D

Calvo
21-03-2004, 05:20 PM
if i had a car like that and i wanted to "rice" it up...

i'd put a nice CLEAN (not over the top) kit on it, no spoiler.
some nice 17in light-weight 3 peice racing rims.
re-spray in a nice colour (non of this ghey air brushed crap).
then i'd kit it out with some nice audio gear.

will looke nice and clean, have the go, and have some audio to entertain me while driving :D

wil
21-03-2004, 06:25 PM
any pics? wher eu from?

fried
21-03-2004, 06:56 PM
your mums fat!

Calvo
21-03-2004, 07:29 PM
your mums fat!
bahahahahahaha :shock: :twisted:

mo
21-03-2004, 08:09 PM