PDA

View Full Version : 06 Cars

j3z3z
29-11-2005, 12:45 PM
The toyota unvield

Toyota will become the first team to run its 2006 car when it tests at Barcelona for four days this week. The Japanese manufacturer, which unveiled the car on Monday morning, claims that completing the V8-powered TF106 so early (it's still three months to Bahrain) could give it an advantage over its rivals. “We have been working on the TF106 since the end of 2004,” said technical director Mike Gascoyne. “The TF106 that will run in Barcelona marks the first stage of development for this car with continuous improvements planned in the run-up to the first race. "We are adopting a similar schedule to last season by testing the car early. This allows us to develop the mechanical side of car thoroughly before we introduce a new aero package in time for the first race. "This strategy helped us to be extremely competitive at the start 2005 and we are confident the same will happen in 2006.” Gascoyne says that the TF106 carries much of the thinking from the team's previous and most successful racer, the TF105B – which took a pole position in Japan and a podium in China in the hands of Ralf Schumacher. The car features a brand new rear-end thanks to the team's new V8 engine, but uses a development of the monocoque and front suspension from the TF105B. “The front end of the TF106 is an evolution of our TF105B that raced in Japan and China," said Gascoyne. "But the major design change for 2006 has been the implementation of the V8 engine in line with the new technical regulations, which has resulted in the redesign of the rear end." Much of the early development work on the car could be aimed at learning about its behaviour on Bridgestone tyres. With no previous experience of the Japanese rubber, and Toyota's deal only recently concluded, vast amounts of data needs to be acquired before the Christmas break. “The Bridgestone agreement was only concluded recently and it is important to get the partnership working as quickly as possible, to build up a strong technical relationship and to develop the chassis and the Potenza tyres together in preparation for 2006," said Toyota Motorsport President John Howett. "The fact that we can test the new mechanical package and suspension together with V8 engine and Bridgestone rubber will surely give us a valuable head start."

pictures can be found at
http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=34604
http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=34605

itv-f1.com

LUD02C
29-11-2005, 02:49 PM
Season 2006 is going to be very interesting.
To me watch Williams-Cosworth, Toyota, Honda and Ferrari.
I think Schumacher will be back, with the Bridgestones having more teams to supply which means more testing I think they can put someting together.

Toyota will be a dark horse!
Its going to be a great season.

j3z3z
29-11-2005, 06:41 PM
toyota are great with v8 motors as are ferrari and cosworth, mercedes also they are the 4 teams i expect to be spear heading next season as they have plenty experience racing these motors

jackosimm
29-11-2005, 08:40 PM
Im not making any comments lol, too much is up in the air this time of the year!

Hondavirgin
30-11-2005, 03:21 PM
i think if Williams doesn't start well its all over, and if they do start well, they'll drop back as Cosworth don't have the development budget,.

^^v
01-12-2005, 01:58 AM
man next year sucha mystery...
who the fock knowz whoz gonna be where...
Ferrari.. Honda n Toyota r the ones to watch out for in '06 imo...

engine reliability will be an issue in the first few races me thinks...

jackosimm
01-12-2005, 08:45 PM
the V8 rule will make it bloody hard to predict, If it was all the same as last year Id say look out for Toyota, but its so up in the air atm.

^^v
02-12-2005, 01:46 AM
Anthony Davidson in the '06 Concept car (v8 powered) at the Circuit de Catalunya...

http://www.barhondaf1.com/images/gallery/3137_800.jpg

MRFIT
02-12-2005, 10:29 PM
the aero package on the 06 cars are so different...... :) especially the air ducts...

B18C VVTi
04-12-2005, 11:58 PM
Yeh...the aero package definitely looks more aggressive than '05'. Also noticed the change in rear wing design with the 2 smaller vertical fins in the middle. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong but didnt FIA have plans to remove a middle portion of the rear wing in '06' in order to create closer racing btw the front and back cars? :confused:

^^v
05-12-2005, 01:10 AM
Anyone correct me if I'm wrong but didnt FIA have plans to remove a middle portion of the rear wing in '06' in order to create closer racing btw the front and back cars? :confused:
that proposed designe is for '08 n beyond i think..
its still in the works ... alot more testing needs to be done before any decision is made...

civ_sik
09-12-2005, 08:33 PM
how nice does the concept car look as far as complexity and aero design, far better than this years car.

jackosimm
10-12-2005, 07:23 PM
Looks like someone fat sat on the side pod