PDA

View Full Version : civic vt-i top end? or bottom end?

Quangzta
29-11-2005, 07:39 PM
hey i am gunna buy a civic vt-i.. (eg)

i was wondering how they go?

are they more of a bottom end car or top end? how do they go?

thanx dudes.. ma bro has a gsi integra?.. i was wondering if i could beat it?

i want it in automatic tranz...

hes got a manual?

sum advice plz? thanx buddies ^_^

EG5[KRT]
29-11-2005, 07:51 PM
if its a hatch u mite beat him if u had a manual

but if the civic is an auto u got no chance

aimre
29-11-2005, 10:57 PM
before 2 k... therer like no tourqe, after that, its pretty good.
i gave Q-ball a run a while ago (b4 he boosted it) and it was neck n neck...

|N|
29-11-2005, 10:59 PM
i gave him a run 2 weeks ago and i still beat him

lol

before 2 k... therer like no tourqe, after that, its pretty good.
i gave Q-ball a run a while ago (b4 he boosted it) and it was neck n neck...

egSi
30-11-2005, 08:30 AM
dont get an auto.

Limbo
30-11-2005, 01:13 PM
your normal autos were never meant to race. They also have a lower rev band than your manuals. You'll never beat the GSI even on his worse day.

bennjamin
30-11-2005, 01:23 PM
the only decent auto ive been in was a NSX....if u want performance and driver feedback plz get a manual :)

Da1nONLY
30-11-2005, 01:58 PM
manual!!!
Auto has no balls!

Quangzta
30-11-2005, 04:28 PM
well you see..

im on my l's want to get a car? that'll last me till green p's...

so when i get me green ps meaning i can drive manual then i get a turbo s13 the car of ma dreams..

but RIGHT now i cant get turbo.. so in this case the best of the best N/A is usually Vtec right?.. so i want a civic vti they only come in auto and i want auto because i want to get me p's in a breeze.. i noe auto has no balls but it gets u from a 2 b.. all i was asking is which engine pulls better? say if both cars were on the m5? up to 160kmh? which 1 will be there first? in auto transmission?..

plz answer me question :wave: thanx buddiez ^^

Quangzta
30-11-2005, 04:31 PM
hey i meant Civic vti's are the only vtecs that have COMMONLY in automatic..

although they are rare theyre more possible to find rather than the newer models

insouciant
30-11-2005, 04:44 PM
umm you want your p's to be a breeze though you want to know which one pulls to 160km/h faster?

i'm sorry, but if you're going to ask a question like that then i hope you fail your p's a few times until you learn to think and drive responsibily.

though back to the topic
auto's will feel sluggish, but for an a to b car you're going to want fuel economy. auto cars are decent if you have your foot to the floor everywhere but other than that manuals will remain better(in most situations for the road).
do yourself a favour and learn to drive manual.

depending on how good of a driver your brother is, he'll probably beat you either way. he's got slightly more peak power but the winning factor may become torque here. as others have said, theres no replacement for displacement.

Paul1985
30-11-2005, 04:54 PM
LOL.. no hope buddy. Dont even consider an auto EG for permormance if your keeping it stock. Take it from me, i own one. IMO even a manual EG can be pretty gutless compared to other cars on the road.

the GSI will shit on you IMO, unless the driver cant drive. But then again, why would you wanna know such a question if you want an auto to get your Green P's as easily as you can, why not wait to whoop the gsi's ass when you get your s13 or whatever it is you want. Not worry about performance now.

If you wanna know what an Auto EG is like for anything other than performance then it is the greatest!!

fuel = cheap
driving = easy

great car for this side of things which would probably be perfect for you. Very economical because thats what it was created to be. This car wasnt made to be doing 160km up the highway. It will struggle to get to that speed i reckon, i couldnt see mine picking up that sort of speed in a hurry (never tried though)

Terry
30-11-2005, 07:22 PM
Auto is not that bad.....after you get the exhaust done they can still give you some fun......i wish i have enough fund for a B16A with auto tranny....:p

aimre
30-11-2005, 08:03 PM
sorry to inform u... but turbo is outta the question till ur off ur p's... includng greens.

and how r u ment to be a good manual driver if u been driving an auto for the last 4 years??

also... if u cant pass ur p's with a manual.... then u shouldnt b drivin one.

Quangzta
30-11-2005, 08:39 PM
umm dude?..

ive been to the rta website? turbo cars are banned for the first 12 months of driving?..
so yeah..
look i only asked the 160km/h thing to ask which car is more reliable?.. u dont have to curse me and say i shall fail my p's? a few times... jeez..

there was only actualy only one person that acutaly helped me on this topic thanx u guys..

i guess ill get a civic to save petrol and have some fun. :D

aimre
03-12-2005, 12:41 AM
Prohibited vehicles

The prohibited vehicle condition restricts all new provisional (P1 and P2) drivers from driving certain vehicles while on their provisional licence. The scheme aims to prohibit young driver access to vehicles that are overrepresented in young driver crashes.

Prohibited vehicles are those with:

Eight or more cylinders.
A turbocharged engine.
A supercharged engine.
Engine performance modifications.
Certain high performance six cylinder engine vehicles.

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/licensing/gettingalicence/car/p1p2_conditions.html?llid=4

Civic Type R
03-12-2005, 10:38 AM
the only decent auto ive been in was a NSX....if u want performance and driver feedback plz get a manual :)

In Japan you can also get our equivalent of a VTir in Auto as well.
They even have Auto Evo lancers (Lancer Evolution GTA)

Bottom line, choosing a car just so you can focus on beating your bro is pretty low. Buy a car that suits you and for on the street. The road isnt a racetrack ;)

Civic Type R
03-12-2005, 10:43 AM
Prohibited vehicles

The prohibited vehicle condition restricts all new provisional (P1 and P2) drivers from driving certain vehicles while on their provisional licence. The scheme aims to prohibit young driver access to vehicles that are overrepresented in young driver crashes.

Prohibited vehicles are those with:

Eight or more cylinders.
A turbocharged engine.
A supercharged engine.
Engine performance modifications.
Certain high performance six cylinder engine vehicles.

We had this P plater driving a new Lamborghini Murcilago a few years back over here in Perth. Luckiest bastard in town !
He gave it back to the dealer after 6 months of having it, but it does make you ask yourself, how could he ever be allowed to drive that :rolleyes:

Photonic_Si
03-12-2005, 04:16 PM
Auto honda's are gay. and an auto VTi (d16y1) is totally gutless not to mention sounds gay.

Quangzta
03-12-2005, 08:15 PM
In Japan you can also get our equivalent of a VTir in Auto as well.
They even have Auto Evo lancers (Lancer Evolution GTA)

Bottom line, choosing a car just so you can focus on beating your bro is pretty low. Buy a car that suits you and for on the street. The road isnt a racetrack ;)

im not picking a car just so i can beat my bro thats so childish.. i like silvia q's sr20de auto? since thats all i can get.. but im thinkin.. i need ur advice im thinking of gettin manual seeing as when you get your green p's YOU CANT drive manual <-- its a new law for learner drivers.. lol..

so yeah i was thinking..

a civic vti manual.

nissan silvia q's sr20de manual?

what would be ur opinion

Limbo
03-12-2005, 11:40 PM
You could get a manual and if you had the money you could change it to a trick shifter. But i believe your main problem is not being allowed to drive any modificed vehicles on your Ps.