PDA

View Full Version : Go Auto News snippet about 2006 Euro

euro1978
30-11-2005, 07:26 AM
This was Taken from Go Auto News by John Mellor

I am not sure if all these facts have been touched upon in previous threads, If so mods - turf this thread,

MORE EURO VISION
FOLLOWING GoAuto’s uncovering of the latest
Honda Accord Euro last week, Honda Australia
has announced further details of the facelift, which
goes on sale during December and will include
optional ($3000) factory-fit satellite navigation
for the Luxury model variant.
All models get standard facelift fare such as
tweaked bumpers and grille and different wheel
patterns, while interior changes run to new trim
textures, the addition of a trip computer and, on
Luxury, an auto-dipping rearview mirror.
Pricing remains unchanged, starting from
$33,500 for the Euro manual and topping out at
$45,500 for the Euro Luxury auto (with sat-nav).

aaronng
30-11-2005, 11:18 AM
Is that auto dipping rearview mirror that is in the car or auto dipping side mirrors? Auto dipping side mirrors are :thumbsup:

cupnoodle
30-11-2005, 11:41 AM
glad to hear the prices remain the same

bigdongers
30-11-2005, 11:55 AM
Is that auto dipping rearview mirror that is in the car or auto dipping side mirrors? Auto dipping side mirrors are :thumbsup:

it would be the auto dipping rear view mirror not the side mirror. This feature can be handy but most wont even notice the difference :)

REV888
30-11-2005, 01:47 PM
I so want a Lux MY06 Euro ! but I suppose will have to be content with what i have now.

Wonder what the MY08 Euro will be like :p Thats change over time for me.

aaronng
30-11-2005, 02:20 PM
it would be the auto dipping rear view mirror not the side mirror. This feature can be handy but most wont even notice the difference :)
Auto dipping side mirrors are good in avoiding your rear wheel from scraping the kerb when parking. But auto dipping rear is weird when you can use electrochromatic rear mirror instead.

eurotrash
30-11-2005, 07:49 PM
isnt it to avoid glare at night?

djcloud
30-11-2005, 08:14 PM
my god...am I soooooo glad that I've decided to wait for the MYO6. been waiting for delivery since september, my car should be ready for pickup around Dec 20th, perfect timing as I should be back from my overseas trip! woo hoo! :cool:

hihidamon
30-11-2005, 09:31 PM
I think he meant Auto Diming.. not dipping....

djcloud
01-12-2005, 11:43 AM
Honda just called and said my 2006 euro will be ready for pickup next friday!! unfortunately, i'll be out of the country for 2 weeks...sh1t!! I guess 3mths wait was worth it after all !! Now I can't work...lol

chosen_one
01-12-2005, 02:47 PM
Honda just called and said my 2006 euro will be ready for pickup next friday!! unfortunately, i'll be out of the country for 2 weeks...sh1t!! I guess 3mths wait was worth it after all !! Now I can't work...lol
Congrats. What model/trans/colour did you go for?

Schnark
01-12-2005, 06:40 PM
Dammit, i purchase my 05 a few months ago. The 2006 looks awesome, I wish I had one ;(

Ah well, have to live without Sat Nav

djcloud
01-12-2005, 07:33 PM
Congrats. What model/trans/colour did you go for?

I got the 2006 Euro Standard (graphite pearl) with darkest street legal tint and fogs, couldn't see how I could spend that extra 6-7k on the luxury as I'm not a big fan of leather and also I'm not into that glass type sunroof, I prefer the 3-way hardtop sunroof type (maybe I would if we had the option of getting extra power in the luxury). Also, I've already planned to use that price difference of 6-7k on a Blaupunkt Sat-Nav with dvd/mp3/tv etc. for around 4k (meaning, I somehow need to have that custom fit thing in the front storage section which I'm not too keen to cut off), but now since Honda is releasing the factory Sat-Nav for the Euro Luxury (for about 3k), my guess is, they'll probably be releasing one for the standard as an option as they don't have one at the moment for the standard but only for the luxury models (so I've been told by the dealer). However, if they both have the new dashboard, why wouldn't they want to release one for the standard also?? I'll probably contact Honda Australia about this and find out more, if I can then I'll definitely fit the factory Sat-Nav without a doubt.

Nevertheless, I think it was worth the wait, trust me, it was a pain staking process of having to wait that long for anything...I'll be flying out of the country next week so I have told Honda to hold my car til I get back 2 weeks later :D oh yeah..now I'll probably be thinkin of my euro while overseas lol!

Tobster
02-12-2005, 08:49 AM
I doubt they'll release the standard Euro with sat-nav or offer it as an option -- it's an incentive for people to upgrade and spend more on the luxury model.

REV888
02-12-2005, 03:14 PM
I doubt they'll release the standard Euro with sat-nav or offer it as an option -- it's an incentive for people to upgrade and spend more on the luxury model.

I agree!

jamchen
03-01-2006, 03:15 PM
also another issue is that the sat nav is really advanced and controls audio, a/c map and others... and i think its quite impossible for dealers trying to fit them outside the factory and with well-trained staff...

m0nk3y
03-01-2006, 03:33 PM
my parents just ordered a MY06 Euro, non luxury though

still, great buy!

aaronng
03-01-2006, 05:08 PM
Hehe, congrats! Are you going to give it a little comparison review against your RX? I hear that the RX's handling is pretty good (friend has the 2.0 one, I think RS?).

m0nk3y
03-01-2006, 05:19 PM
yeh i'll drive it every now and then i guess
THe liberty's handling is brilliant, im sure the accord will be just as good

just have to wait a month for delivery now