PDA

View Full Version : Amp not turning off ???

Andrew21
30-11-2005, 09:03 AM
Hey guys, :thumbsup:

Just a quick question, i just installed an amp into my EG Civic last night, and i have one problem... very wierd as i've installed many amps in alot of cars and never had this problem?....

The Cd player turns on fine with accessories e.t.c , but i noticed the amp wasnt turning off once i turned the deck off. Infact once i locked the car, the amp was still on, obviously becoz the cd player was switched off there was no sound, but there was a hissy sound coming from the speakers, and the amp light was on ?
I have run the remote wire from the amp ,to the remote wire on the cd player, which i tested to be 12volt.

The only thing i can think of is the remote wire on the deck that i used, is somehow constant 12v and not accessory 12 volt ?? Dont understand how that could be but thats the situation ?

BTW the deck is Pioneer DEH-1700

Any help appreciated...

Andrew

destrukshn
30-11-2005, 09:26 AM
that could be your problem.
what colour wire did you hook it up to?
the remote wire on aftermarket h/u are usually blue.

so check it.
you should have these wires.
2 green wires
2 grey wires
2 white wires
2 purple wires
1 red
1 yellow
1 black
and should have 1 blue.

that and make sure that the power cable to the amp isn't touching the remote terminal, in any way.

Andrew21
30-11-2005, 09:34 AM
yup, its a blue wire coming from the pioneer deck, which was clearly marked 'remote'.

I'll double check to make sure none of the connections are touching on the amp.. see how it goes....

By the way, for the moment, i just simply unscrewed the earth to the amp to turn it off, can i just screw it back in, or should i disconnect the battery first before i connect the earth to the amp...e.t.c...

destrukshn
30-11-2005, 09:43 AM
could be a faulty amp.
check that the remote wire has power to it when the car is off..
if power is running to it.. then something could be wrong with the head unit.
eh, just throwing ideas.

could also connect the remote wire from a different power source.

TEG61E
30-11-2005, 09:47 AM
I was just about to say that....check if the remote wire is still supplying 12v when the stereo is off...if not then the amp's gone.
U shouldnt turn the amp on and off too many times from the ground wire, as it could possibly damage it.
Good luck with it buddy

Andrew21
30-11-2005, 09:56 AM
PROBLEM FIXED !!
destrukshn - thanks for the advise.

It turned out to be the power wire , was touching the remote wire on the amp by 1 microscopic bloody hair !!! All fixed now...

Thanks for the help guyz,.... i was going nutz !

destrukshn
30-11-2005, 12:18 PM
no worries dude!
:D