PDA

View Full Version : recommended alarm system?

cheebye
19-03-2004, 03:27 PM
sorry if this is in the incorrect area, but was wondering what u guys would recommend for a 'high grade' alarm system? I been looking at the boomerang, viper, etc.. but will be installing a good sound system in mine and would appreciate the best protection available!

any ideas, costs and where to look for alarms?

thx!

madgrk
19-03-2004, 03:29 PM
Brant make pretty good alarms. Their also made in Australia I believe. Visit http://www.brant.com.au for more info :D

cheebye
19-03-2004, 03:49 PM
hmm... I was under the impression that brant only produced alarms for subaru. but yeh, I got a few friends with the brant and I am truly impressed with the security features and the keypad immobiliser which has well and truly reduced the number of theft rates of the wrx's since introduced.

anyway, cheers for the info! have sent them an email :D:D

McChook
19-03-2004, 03:55 PM
Interested in this?? we are doing a group buy on www.preludeaustralia.com let me know if you are interested. the more bought, the cheaper it is

OK, this might intrrest alot of you security concious guys out there.

This system interacts with your mobile, requires no back to base monotoring and can do all the following.

SECURITY: your car will call and sms you: within seconds of ignition detection
: If the doors are opened
: if over speed is triggered
: if battery volltage is cut or
drops bellow your set level

CONTROL: one call can do the following: check on your vehicle at any time
including location and speed
: remotely lock or unlock the doors
: remotely immobilize (you can kill the
engine no matter what)
: obtain a status report over the phone

GPS TRACKING :Locate your car over the phone
: Live tracking (with an accuracy inside 10 meters so im told)
even while car is moving
: Black box recording playback on a moving map display
(it will pretty much show you whats going on at street level)
EMERGENCY: car will call : your emergancy contact person
: send an sms if emergancy detected, this includes TOW
AWAYS.

there are a heap of other things it can do, this is just some of the basics, say you leave your keys in the ignition at a servo, old mate jumps in the car and straps off in it, in one quic call you can lock the doors and imobilize the engine.
this product has stands in some of the biggest prestige dealers, such as massarati, porche, bmw and a few others, a few of the luxury cars are considering making this standard in all vehicles. (there is also a motorbike and boat version)

now for the cost, it has a one off cost of $950 (if we bulk order thru my girlfriend we should get a discount) fully installed (they have mobile installers in most capital cities and major centers), there are no monitoring fee's, the only fee's you will incur are mobile fone fees.

cheebye
19-03-2004, 04:03 PM
thx for the info McChook. when is the latest I can get back to u by?

McChook
19-03-2004, 04:17 PM
we are asking for interest, so express it, and we'll go from there

madgrk
19-03-2004, 04:21 PM
Thats a good deal man. Assuming things are what they say they are the price is very reasonable. I wonder if its insurance company approved though.. Still a great price for a great sounding alarm.

Now wheres that car of mine gone..... :oops:

McChook
19-03-2004, 04:22 PM
price gets lower if 10 people buy it

Weq
19-03-2004, 04:40 PM
No alarm will save ur stereo. U can get a rad brant $3000 alarm, but unless u keep a bbb (big black guy) in ur car at all times, the theif will simply ignore any siren and continue to plunder ur gear.
The best defense is a good offence -- use tinting and hide ur stuff. Also bolting down of headunits is a bad idea. Thiefs (read: junkies) will totally destroy ur dash/surrounding equitment in order get the unit free.

fozee
19-03-2004, 04:46 PM
I had a Cheeta fitted to my last car. Think it was the executive level. All the right stuff, the insurance company loved it hehe

I thought it was fairly good, fitted it retailed for over $750

McChook
19-03-2004, 04:50 PM
I have my stereo in the standard holes... It looks standard... oh, but it isn't. I just put the rear seat up to hide the sub you can barely see anyway, and have a black, boring standard looking nakamichi head

fueltank
19-03-2004, 04:57 PM
autowatch is good!
www.autowatch.com.au

A'PEXi
19-03-2004, 05:54 PM
i heard that quiktrak was good :P

vti-2
20-03-2004, 10:23 AM
Viper is good.

CTR Coupe
20-03-2004, 12:13 PM
yeah im interested in the alarm mcchook
i cant find the post on PA

Phorte
20-03-2004, 12:46 PM
haha yer quicktrak+brant.. mmm...

ive had experience with the boomerang (a2000).. avoid like the plague. dunno about the updated version though.

Creative
21-03-2004, 12:13 AM
I just got the Brant AA02 alarm installed with boot and bonnet and door sensors, microwave sensors etc etc.

I like it :)

EuroAccord13
21-03-2004, 01:04 AM
haha yer quicktrak+brant.. mmm...

ive had experience with the boomerang (a2000).. avoid like the plague. dunno about the updated version though.

I Like the Boomerang system though :)

cheebye
21-03-2004, 02:53 AM
hey creative - can I ask how much did the installation cost for the full system of yours? sounds nice!

Creative
21-03-2004, 12:46 PM
Full install was ~$850 and that was coming to my house etc and installing it.

Took about 4 hours all up :)