PDA

View Full Version : MY06 Instrument Cluster changeable

msnealo
30-11-2005, 02:54 PM
I wonder if the MY06 Euro instrument cluster will be a straight change over with MY03-MY05, and thus allow the use of the fuel/trip computer.

The reason I say this is as well as my Euro I own a VX commodore, on which I did a straight swap of a VX calais Instrument cluster with it's three window fuel/trip computer and apart from getting the kilometres updated to the kilometres I had done all functions worked.

What do you guy's think?

albii
30-11-2005, 03:24 PM
why bother man....it's not something very significant and will cost you an eyeball also.

Tobster
30-11-2005, 03:54 PM
Depends on whether the sensors and wiring loom has been changed -- the Calais and the Commodore would share the same wiring loom, even though certain things weren't plugged in.

The 06 models may not share the wiring loom of the 03-05.

UNLS1
30-11-2005, 04:37 PM
I wonder if the MY06 Euro instrument cluster will be a straight change over with MY03-MY05, and thus allow the use of the fuel/trip computer.

The reason I say this is as well as my Euro I own a VX commodore, on which I did a straight swap of a VX calais Instrument cluster with it's three window fuel/trip computer and apart from getting the kilometres updated to the kilometres I had done all functions worked.

What do you guy's think?

lol i have a VX calais....its easy to do it with the commos....and not that expensive...

Im going to asume u can do it with the hondas but it will be a very expensive thing to do...

i was told when driving the 06 lux the other to to retrofit the center dash part with the sat nav on an 05 model would cost around 10k....

i saw an 05 with it in....a one of for training...

yfin
30-11-2005, 11:03 PM

What do you guy's think?

It would be fantastic if it could be done easily and cheaply (probably only worthwhile if you got it from a wrecked 06 Euro). I would seriously consider forking out $1000 (prob max) to do this if I was guaranteed it would work properly. Everytime I drive my dad's passat I seem to play with the computer - love gadgets like that.

I think the first thing to do would be to see if the wiring loom is the same. That wouldn't be too difficult to establish if you have someone friendly within Honda Parts who could help. If the wiring is the same there is still no guarantee it will work as it could be dependent on ECU. Then, of course, you need to control the display (not sure if this is stalk or button yet) - so there will be wiring for that as well.

Noel on TSXclub tried to fit the TSX cluster on the EUro - See

http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2389&highlight=cluster (http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2389&highlight=cluster)

CL9 plug

http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1494