PDA

View Full Version : Mugen 1.3bar radiator cap won't fit!!!!!!!!!

Lukezen27
30-11-2005, 05:18 PM
Hay guys

Just got my Mugen 1.3bar radiator cap from EG5 but she won't fit :(

How tight are they meant to be on an EG?

Do they come in any other sizes?

thx LukeZen

ekslut
01-12-2005, 07:28 AM
There are 2 sizes. One fits EG,EK,DC2 and a few others and the other fits BB6 and a few others.

I had this problem too. I got one to fit my ED civic, and it was too small, so I had to order the one for the prelude and it fits fine.

oh yeah, and when I ordered mine again, it was on back order, took me 2-3 months to get :rolleyes:

Lukezen27
01-12-2005, 09:52 AM
There are 2 sizes. One fits EG,EK,DC2 and a few others and the other fits BB6 and a few others.

I had this problem too. I got one to fit my ED civic, and it was too small, so I had to order the one for the prelude and it fits fine.

oh yeah, and when I ordered mine again, it was on back order, took me 2-3 months to get :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info

I got it to fit but its so tight its not funny :rolleyes:

Hwo tight are they meant to be?

EG5[KRT]
01-12-2005, 09:58 PM
u got the wrong one

jdm eg civics have smaller radiator.. i found that out due to when i bought a spoon rad cap it dont fit .. coz in aus i think we have a prelude radiator.. so u gotta get the prelude rad cap...

Lukezen27
01-12-2005, 10:41 PM
']u got the wrong one

jdm eg civics have smaller radiator.. i found that out due to when i bought a spoon rad cap it dont fit .. coz in aus i think we have a prelude radiator.. so u gotta get the prelude rad cap...

I made it fit :p

Very tight but its on there now but damed if it will ever come off heheh

aaronng
01-12-2005, 11:22 PM
Bet it can withstand over 1.3bars of pressure now. :p

Best to get the right sized one and not risk causing a crack due to the tightness. When it gets hot, the radiator expands first before the cap, so you could get cracking at the neck.

Lukezen27
17-12-2005, 03:07 PM
Bit of sandpaper and she fits sweet as :D

LukeZen