PDA

View Full Version : integra typeS cams in euro???

locote
30-11-2005, 08:26 PM
would the euros 2.4 k motor make more power and torque from an upgrade to these cams???

zco
30-11-2005, 08:34 PM
if u get the latest hondatuning magazine, theres an ENTIRE ARTICLE on the poor mans TSX/ consisting of a typeS head and the K24A Block

Chris_F
30-11-2005, 08:43 PM
but we already have the poor mans tsx engine in the euro... :p

is a full head swap still gonna make a lot more power on a euro engine... or can more simple modifications like cams be used to achiece the same thing? I'd imagine the head on the k24a in the euro's is a fair bit better than the CRV varient?

aaronng
01-12-2005, 12:06 AM
From Hondata's comparison of the TSX and RSX-S cams, they found that for the intake, the TSX's lowcam had both higher lift and longer duration. Highcam on the other hand had much higher lift in the RSX and slightly longer duration too.

For the exhaust, lowcam was found to be the same for both, while the TSX had higher lift but similar duration in highcam.

http://www.hondata.com/tuning_the_tsx.html

So I think that for the TSX from idle to 6000rpm, the TSX has a more aggressive cam profile, but that's probably to ensure that adequate filling of the 2.4L (needs more intake charge than the 2.0L), but once past the cam change point, the RSX is dramatically more aggressive.

And if you read the link above, Hondata tried putting the RSX intake cam into the TSX and found that they lost power below camchange point and only made 4hp above. I think it's because the 2.4L 4-cyl can't fill efficiently above 6000rpm like they said.

Tobster
01-12-2005, 09:43 AM
There's a good article at Temple of VTEC at

http://www.vtec.net/articles/view-article?article_id=401733

that I pointed out a while ago. It looks at lots of different parts and tuning that they tried on the TSX, including exchanging parts with the RSX (Integra). From memeory, their conclusion was that exchanging the cams didn't do much without a heap of other work -- and then it was only good in the very top part of the rev range.