PDA

View Full Version : whats with this ?

Jase EK
30-11-2005, 11:31 PM
lol..

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/20HP-O2-SENSOR-PERFORMANCE-CHIP-HONDA-CIVIC-ACCORD_W0QQitemZ4594443319QQcategoryZ31250QQrdZ1QQ cmdZViewItem

blusir2
30-11-2005, 11:49 PM
coming from a electronics background and having fitted many computers and modified computers for cars.. it seems that the gadget u are talking of is a sensor that regulates voltage goin to the ecu... it will tell the ecu that the exhaust is fuel starved and that u could add more injector timing to get more fuel into the engine...

just like the pipe we use on a dyno that we stick into the exhaust...

i wouldnt recommend it as it is giving the ecu in-correct signals by telling it to increase the amount of fuel... ur car will run richer and waste fuel and will not as it claims go faster... the only time that would occur is if ur injectors are dirty and being restricted so that the normal amount of fuel that should be goin into the head isnt met...

lets put it this way... paying $50 is not gonna give ur car

8-10% + HP
8-10 % + Torque
15-20 % + acceleration
higher top speed
diminished flat spots
improved throttle response

be weary of these gimmicks... i have not tried it before but i will say that in my opinion it will not work...

hope that helps..

Jason

CTR Coupe
01-12-2005, 03:05 AM
more ricer garbage

saxman
01-12-2005, 08:48 AM
adding fuel without more air is going to the exact opposite of everything it's supposed to do

blusir2
01-12-2005, 11:06 AM
yeh u guys are right... but.....

thats wat these forums are for... ppl that dun know much about cars who would like an understanding... u must admit that not everyone,including urselves, knew much about cars when u were younger...

so these younger kids may ask questions that seem trivial to us..

but its the ppl that talk crap and give advice out when they do not know wat they are talkin about that piss me off....

there should only be 2 kinds of ppl on this forum...

1. qualified mecahnics and/or experienced ppl that have actually worked on
cars themselves and know from experience and not from reading other ppls
posts and magazines..

2. ppl that want to learn and are willing to listen and try to understand
experienced ppl's opinions and experieneces..

this forum has no place for ppl that crap on about things they dun know about and hide behind they're comps and pretend to know wat they are talkin about... in a sense they are giving the wrong info un/intentionally and could potentially ruin ppls cars...

now that definately aint cool..

but yeh back to this topic.. i dun think it will work as adsvertised..

Jason
TODA Racing Australia

MrJDMCivic
01-12-2005, 12:03 PM
a. im a qualified mecahnic/electrican/programmer, so when it comes to hondas' i preety much know what every wire does. this 20+hp gain is bullshit. if anything it will give you more problems than u started with. if your ecu is running rich, your sparks will clock up and wont fire correctly., wasting more fuel and giving u less power. if it can even get to that rich stage. depending on ecu. the other thing is ur ecu needs to know the right air to fuel ratio so it can calculate fuel and spark and air... u would see more responce in power just putting in premium unleaded vs normal unleaded than u would from a bullshit thing like this. its just like that air turbo fan they stick in your air intake, trying to be a real turbo. lol. who are they kidding. examples of most hondas show that if u put a cheap aftermarket airfilter. or some fan turbo intake thingey, you will lose more power than stock, most cheap aftermarket filters care about looking good. and not airflow .. which is more important. in my experence you cant go wrong with a k&n filter. but dont ever bother with ebay 20hp gains. its all bullshit. and the reason why they sell it cheap is so once u get it and your not happy with it, your like **** that i dont wanna return a 20 dollar thing. to much hassle. so just dont bother ;)

blusir2
01-12-2005, 12:13 PM
a. im a qualified mecahnic/electrican/programmer, so when it comes to hondas' i preety much know what every wire does. this 20+hp gain is bullshit. if anything it will give you more problems than u started with. if your ecu is running rich, your sparks will clock up and wont fire correctly., wasting more fuel and giving u less power. if it can even get to that rich stage. depending on ecu. the other thing is ur ecu needs to know the right air to fuel ratio so it can calculate fuel and spark and air... u would see more responce in power just putting in premium unleaded vs normal unleaded than u would from a bullshit thing like this. its just like that air turbo fan they stick in your air intake, trying to be a real turbo. lol. who are they kidding. examples of most hondas show that if u put a cheap aftermarket airfilter. or some fan turbo intake thingey, you will lose more power than stock, most cheap aftermarket filters care about looking good. and not airflow .. which is more important. in my experence you cant go wrong with a k&n filter. but dont ever bother with ebay 20hp gains. its all bullshit. and the reason why they sell it cheap is so once u get it and your not happy with it, your like **** that i dont wanna return a 20 dollar thing. to much hassle. so just dont bother ;)

mate as i explained before.. i 100% agree...

u cant get power without paying money...

good parts cost good money

saxman
01-12-2005, 07:31 PM
yeh u guys are right... but.....

thats wat these forums are for... ppl that dun know much about cars who would like an understanding... u must admit that not everyone,including urselves, knew much about cars when u were younger...

so these younger kids may ask questions that seem trivial to us..

but its the ppl that talk crap and give advice out when they do not know wat they are talkin about that piss me off....

there should only be 2 kinds of ppl on this forum...

1. qualified mecahnics and/or experienced ppl that have actually worked on
cars themselves and know from experience and not from reading other ppls
posts and magazines..

2. ppl that want to learn and are willing to listen and try to understand
experienced ppl's opinions and experieneces..

this forum has no place for ppl that crap on about things they dun know about and hide behind they're comps and pretend to know wat they are talkin about... in a sense they are giving the wrong info un/intentionally and could potentially ruin ppls cars...

now that definately aint cool..

but yeh back to this topic.. i dun think it will work as adsvertised..

Jason
TODA Racing Australia
while I agree with you entirely, I'm not sure I really see how this pertains to this paticular thread.

blusir2
01-12-2005, 08:37 PM
while I agree with you entirely, I'm not sure I really see how this pertains to this paticular thread.

if u read the second post u will understand...

"more ricer garbage"...

i get sum really obnoxious ppl sumtimes here on this forum when i try to help or maybe dis-agree with ppls..

i only talk with expereince from working on cars myself in a performance garage and obviously i maybe wrong sumtimes... ppl make mistakes.. geezz...

anywayz.. thanx for agreeing with me mate.. much appreciated..