PDA

View Full Version : images of xforce b16 headers

insouciant
01-12-2005, 09:49 AM
anyone have any images of their own?
just received some and tried to fit it, strangely enough the cat and the headers line up but the bolts that hold them together seem to be at opposite directions?
the headers are doing this: \
while the cat is doing this: /
the ends of the slashes being where the bolts go, everything else lines up i.e. bolts to the block and mounting screws but the bolts to the cat just don't line up.
i compared it to the stock headers and noticed that the collector mounts on the stock ones are slightly tilted while the xforce ones are just straight(i can get pictures later to show you what i mean)

so does anyone have any b16 series xforce headers of their own to show me a picture of what they're actually like? preferably the collector side and if possible compared to stock headers of their cars

Astro
01-12-2005, 11:20 AM
cut off the flange and then reweld it to match with the cat...

or either cut off the flange from the cat and turn it around a bit...reweld it to match with the header flange.

thats what i did..no problems

insouciant
01-12-2005, 11:39 AM
i'll probably have to get the guys to do it when i get my exhaust done, thought that would have to be the case :( then again they have to cut my cat and weld on my high flow cat :D
thanks anyway

on another note, any estimates on now much it may cost and does anyone do exhausts on weekends?

Astro
01-12-2005, 01:13 PM
they dont have to cut your oem cat flange..they should have a new flange for the hiflow cat to match up with the header.

not sure what the cost is...shouldnt be too much

insouciant
01-12-2005, 04:46 PM
looks like its just the cat though(getting a high flow one from trav) so i don't think it comes with a flange of its own.
going to suck to have to pay some guys to fit my headers when i can do it myself :(

say any suggestions for places which can do an exhaust on a weekend for a reasonable price? i mean for installing headers+weld piping exhaust+fixing flanges on cat+welding twinloop on to piping :)

ACTI0NMAN-1
01-12-2005, 05:01 PM
no more than $80.00

nipnip
01-12-2005, 11:19 PM
cut off the flange and then reweld it to match with the cat...

or either cut off the flange from the cat and turn it around a bit...reweld it to match with the header flange.

thats what i did..no problems

did u need the donut gasket?

Astro
02-12-2005, 07:41 AM
u dont need the donut gasket if u go for a flexi pipe..

flexi pipe is way better then a donut gasket anyway..

Limbo
06-12-2005, 10:51 PM
yeah i agree with astro. There are the donuts but they are apparently not as good and can cause the exhaust to snap