I just wondering.. ANy of you people have done "rear drum to disc conversion"
if u do... can I ask.. How much..

thx

TypeG
02-12-2005, 10:04 AM
you can get it in HK for $600

anjingbalap
02-12-2005, 11:07 AM
how bout in aust? where do u find it?... is it $600 (aust $ or HK$?)

asiansquad
02-12-2005, 12:13 PM
ofcourse it'll be AUD...if it was 600 HKD, i'm sure most of us jazzers woulda got it

MR Spyder
02-12-2005, 03:37 PM
Did mine @ S$650 @ Singapore. :)

TypeG
02-12-2005, 04:10 PM
Singpore is different
if i am in HK, i get a dc5r rear brake in
Australia charge $$$ for labour

crazyray
02-12-2005, 04:20 PM
parts is always cheap overseas but labour is what kills alot of people in aust

JDMTMY
02-12-2005, 04:31 PM
wat car are u doing the rear disc brake converion in? i will be doing the same sort of converion to my coupe vti in a few months time. ill just go to the wreckers and get a set of rear disc brakes from another civic and install it to my coupe. i remember being told taht it costs around 500-550$ for the rear disc brakes

NeoNode
02-12-2005, 04:53 PM
wat car are u doing the rear disc brake converion in? i will be doing the same sort of converion to my coupe vti in a few months time. ill just go to the wreckers and get a set of rear disc brakes from another civic and install it to my coupe. i remember being told taht it costs around 500-550$ for the rear disc brakes

If you notice the section you're in, it's pretty much self explanatory which car. ;)

KingRichard
02-12-2005, 06:33 PM
I just wondering.. ANy of you people have done "rear drum to disc conversion"
if u do... can I ask.. How much..

thx

It will cost u at least 6million rupiah in Indo using original Vtec version sets.

asiansquad
02-12-2005, 06:37 PM
how much is that in AUD???

Pum[Z]
05-01-2006, 02:00 PM
It will cost u at least 6million rupiah in Indo using original Vtec version sets.

That should be around AUS $800....

MR Spyder
06-01-2006, 01:17 PM
If any of you are interested in purchasing the rear disc brake conversion for your Jazz/Fit from SGP, maybe I could help you guys to arrange for a better deal (provided the numbers substantiate for a bigger discount, that is)..

Then the shipping charges, shared by the buyers lor. How does this sound? :wave:

jklo
06-01-2006, 04:43 PM
If any of you are interested in purchasing the rear disc brake conversion for your Jazz/Fit from SGP, maybe I could help you guys to arrange for a better deal (provided the numbers substantiate for a bigger discount, that is)..

Then the shipping charges, shared by the buyers lor. How does this sound? :wave:

I am interested. Any others out there interested in converting into rear disc brakes?

petrovski
06-01-2006, 06:19 PM
keep group buys to pm's please

Pete :)

MR Spyder
07-01-2006, 04:40 PM
keep group buys to pm's please

Pete :)

Yes, Pete!! :)

MR Spyder
07-01-2006, 04:41 PM
I am interested. Any others out there interested in converting into rear disc brakes?

Lets keep this to PM. :)
BTW, if anyone else is interested in this, dun hesitate to PM me!! :)

vividjazz
07-01-2006, 07:48 PM
Cheaper to change the front disc pads to improve braking.

Unmodified Jazz outbrakes a 4 wheel disc brake equipped stock Hyundai Getz so rear discs alone don't mean much.

I consider the stock braking of the Jazz pretty good and the car only weighs 1,000kg anyway.

A far better investment would be 6 piston caliper front brakes leaving the rear drums alone. If you have a look at the crash test footage for the Jazz the rear wheels aren't even on the ground!

MR Spyder
09-01-2006, 02:51 AM
Cheaper to change the front disc pads to improve braking.

Unmodified Jazz outbrakes a 4 wheel disc brake equipped stock Hyundai Getz so rear discs alone don't mean much.

I consider the stock braking of the Jazz pretty good and the car only weighs 1,000kg anyway.

A far better investment would be 6 piston caliper front brakes leaving the rear drums alone. If you have a look at the crash test footage for the Jazz the rear wheels aren't even on the ground!

IMHO, changing the front brake pads definitely helps to improve the braking, but just a bit only, bro. Anyway, a 6 piston caliper brakes setup for the front, leaving the rear (drums) untouched... would be a very risky set up! ;)

Well, if you think that rear drums are OK in the Jazz/Fit, why not take a look @ the new :honda: 06 Jazz/Fit?? They DO come with rear disc brakes, FYI.. :rolleyes:

Hmmmm... :p

vividjazz
09-01-2006, 09:59 PM
Brake bias on the Jazz is front rear 80%/20% as its a short wheel base light FWD car. On heavier vehicles the bias is commonly 70/30 and 60/40 consequently increasing the importance of the rear brakes.

Motorcycles do almost 100% (96%) braking with the front and extensive tests have shown no advantage from front/rear braking over front braking alone.

Better tyres and/or front brake pads will make a much bigger difference to braking distance than just changing the rear drums to discs. If the conversion cost was a lot less it would be worthwhile but at the price there are many other ways to improve the braking 1st. If you think the Chinese or Thai Jazz pulls up that much better than the Japanese made Australian Jazz then you should drive one and see if you notice the difference. I actually felt the Thai Jazz driven in Thailand didn't pull up as well but their factory brake pads (particularly front) may be different. Reports about the Chinese Jazz is it doesn't brake as well as the Japanese Fit either but again could be because of different pads.

I think its good that the new model Fit in Japan gets rear discs as they apear on the Thai, Brazil and Chinese Jazzes. There addition doesn't add much to the cost of the vehicle from new but retro fitting is just too expensive for the slight gain.

http://honda.lulop.com/post.php/3023