PDA

View Full Version : difference in the EG hatches

Speeder
20-03-2004, 04:27 PM
hi, i want to build a tough eg civic, thinking of engine swap to a b18c7. was wondering if i should pick up a breeze or vti but want to know if the chassis are different in the EG series, eg strength. thanks guys n gilz

[[d a n n y]]
20-03-2004, 04:50 PM
well mate

chassis r they same

breeze is the lightest of the EG's

VTI being the TOP spec it will have 4 wheel disc brakes power window mirros and so on

if u really wanna b light go for the breeze but you will have to do sum work

ie fuel tank change rear drums to disc conversion swar bar and so on
but if u get a b18c7 you will need to change the brakes anyhow so

i'de say the breeze by th way i own a breeze as well :P

Speeder
20-03-2004, 04:56 PM
thanks for the reply, well how will the weight distribution be altered much, dont know the weight diff in the b series and d series motor??

[[d a n n y]]
20-03-2004, 05:00 PM
the b serise motor is definately heavier than the d serises motor

at lest 50+ more

it is a really heavy engine

and with the b18c7 u will need to get it enginerred

Speeder
20-03-2004, 05:02 PM
when u say engineer it do u mean i need to get a engineering certificate?? would u consider a b16a, well not to affect the weight distribution, well i guess the sir comes with b16a stock??

fusion_VTi
20-03-2004, 05:47 PM
if you have a decent budget try and pick up a vti hatchback mate, they came with shitloads more options eg discs all round, sunroof, power everything, bucket seats and are just a better package all round. for you application however (engine swap) i'd recommend maybe just picking up an Si hatch - discs all round, electrics, no sunroof, and usually sell for a few k cheaper. it might be cheaper to just pick up a breeze but i'd get a stronger base to start with so you dont have to change as many things down the track, hope i helped some, cheers

joneblaze
20-03-2004, 05:51 PM
Well if he wanted to drop a B18C7 into an EG he'd probably change the brakes package over to something with more stopping power anyway. THe seats can be replaced easily with other OEM or aftermarkets, so the only real advantage with VTi over Si or Breeze/Gli? would be the sunroof and power options. :)

Weq
20-03-2004, 06:58 PM
Interior on the VTi is much better then any other model. You also get a nice cener console (which the Si doesnt have). Umm you get a newer car, with a p28 ecu. ummm...

OLM-02R
20-03-2004, 07:48 PM
just go get either Si or Vti...and i dont think you'll need engineers certificate if u put audm motor in....but its up to u...if ur gonna do other mods and want it engineer...it'll be good... :D :D only import engines u need to get certificate....

good luck man....whos gonna do ur conversion ?? u doin it urself ??

LatinoHatchCrap
21-03-2004, 03:36 PM
you have to ask yourself wot options you need and whoch ones you could do without.
If you're weight concious forget the vti. Its a pig compared to the gli, gl breeze models. The sunroof adds a lot of weight and it doesnt do much for body rigidity either :? the conversion qould however go a lot smoother as the vehicle is wired for VTEC and PGM-fi.

incoming
21-03-2004, 04:39 PM
when i did my swap (jdm b16a) RTA said i didnt have to get it engineered cos its still same capacity (1.6L).. and if i was to put in the b18c then i'd defineately need to get it engineered..

Breeze
22-03-2004, 09:15 AM
There is some good advice here and it depends on your personal preference. I went with a breeze as my figuring was that everything was to be updated and I wanted the lightest base.

Who really needs electric mirrors, sunroof etc? But they are nice to have.

If you are planning on getting a front cut you need only add the LHS loom from the front cut (it goes right under dash including fuse box and main relay). If you have a breeze without aircon and you want it then add that as well. Also add fuel tank from EG/EK hatch, fiddle with the fuel lines a bit and cut out the airbox intake hole from the RHS front guard.

If you have a Vti you still need to add wires for the knock sensor to the standard loom (though the dash needn't come out for this).

If you want a track car go the Breeze (without Aircon) and with the difference you save you could get an ITR front cut and ITR rear brakes for the breeze. Lighter car-more hp same overall cost as vti with b16A swap.

Breeze with its all plastic interior and less sound deadening is a bit louder than a vti inside as well. But again, if it is a toy you can put up with that.