PDA

View Full Version : 5th gen Accord sway bars.

MRH-22A
04-12-2005, 05:58 PM
Does anybody know what sway bars are available for CD5 Accords? Something to stop the body roll.

joyride
07-12-2005, 01:05 PM
whiteline part#BHR42 for CD accords. its 18mm thick.

hit up my nicca 'egsi' for a price.

egSi
07-12-2005, 03:01 PM
whiteline part#BHR42 for CD accords. its 18mm thick.

hit up my nicca 'egsi' for a price.

yeah what he sed, there a couple of the shelf products made by whiteline for accords but the 18mm will work wonders on ur 5th gen

hit me up if u want one mate :thumbsup:

whiteline: feel the stiff :)

MRH-22A
08-12-2005, 02:31 PM
Is it for front and rear?
and how thick is stock one anyway?
also... is this the thickest for CD5 Accord?

thankz in advance

incoming
10-12-2005, 07:00 PM
whiteline only make the rear sway bar for accords, and yes, 18mm is the thickest they made. you can probably check on US ebay for neuspeed sway bars, they might be thicker...

stock ones are prob 12-14mm thick

smoknhothonda
11-12-2005, 10:33 AM
As the previous posts have stated Whiteline only make one sway bar for the accord being for the rear.

I remember in the USA, Suspension Techniques produce front and rear swaybars for the accord, but they were around $300 odd USD (plus P&H and Tax)

When I installed the rear whiteline swaybar in my accord, I had bilstein shocks and springs, and didnt really gain much from it, but then again the whiteline swaybar was only about $150.

A front strut brace works wonders in the 5th Gen, so if you have the cash I recommend one of those also :)

MRH-22A
16-06-2006, 11:48 PM
the whiteline rear swaybar didnt do much??? is it cuz its not thick enuff???

there's heaps of cheap strut braces though... is brand name or price important for strut braces?
what kind of strut brace should i be lookin for?

joyride
18-06-2006, 12:17 PM
the sway bar should make a noticeable improvement, maybe you aint hitting them corners fast enough.

brands for strut braces are not important, what is important is the quality of the brace itself (thickness, type of alloy/metal used and where it bolts onto the chassis/strut tower).

if you search through usa ebay you can pretty much find good ones for the front and rear braces.

MRH-22A
19-06-2006, 01:21 AM
there are strut braces for like $3 on ebayUS... should i buy that?

joyride
22-06-2006, 03:19 PM
it will cost more then USD$3 when it arrives at your door.
a link to the ebay listings would help

SMEAGLE
22-06-2006, 04:58 PM
no, dont buy the whiteline sway or rear.. they are shit... doesnt really do anything... because u gotta remember,, we drive a 4 door car... dont waste your money on the rear or sways as it will be wasting your time and you will hardly notice any difference in handling......
If you are willing to blow like 200-250 on suffin that you can hardly tell the difference,, issit really worth it?.....
so my advice bro... dont listen to these ppl because half the time, they dont know wat they are talking about...
the way they talk,, they give u advice on buying them but never give you feedback on how they perform..... Quote "does wonders for your car". Like seriuosly, what wonders can it possibly do......
fair enuff, if we were driving ITR's, then getting them mite help us handle but when its an accord.. dont even bother....
Best thing to do,, Drop your car to the ****ing ground and let it hug the floor..

MRH-22A
23-06-2006, 05:12 PM
why wont it do much for a four door car???

joyride
24-06-2006, 10:30 PM
smeagle are you kidding me? i bought a sway bar for my 626 (yes its a 4 door OMG SHOCK) and i definitely feel it corner better going over 80km/h. my fiance knows f*ck all about cars and she said she can feel a difference too.
HRH22A, you wont know til you try it. ive tried it and can honestly say that its an improvement.
the 626 hasnt been lowered, its virutally stock (apart from the sway bar) and it has toyo tyres, and i can out manovure some cars

my advice, dont listen to ppl who say sway bars dont work on 4 door cars.

incoming
25-06-2006, 09:39 AM
no, dont buy the whiteline sway or rear.. they are shit... doesnt really do anything... because u gotta remember,, we drive a 4 door car... dont waste your money on the rear or sways as it will be wasting your time and you will hardly notice any difference in handling......
If you are willing to blow like 200-250 on suffin that you can hardly tell the difference,, issit really worth it?.....
so my advice bro... dont listen to these ppl because half the time, they dont know wat they are talking about...
the way they talk,, they give u advice on buying them but never give you feedback on how they perform..... Quote "does wonders for your car". Like seriuosly, what wonders can it possibly do......
fair enuff, if we were driving ITR's, then getting them mite help us handle but when its an accord.. dont even bother....
Best thing to do,, Drop your car to the ****ing ground and let it hug the floor..
almost every car has sway bars
its just a matter of getting thicker ones to improve cornering
yes lowering a car will increase it to but with sway bars combo it improves it ALOT

-1 rep point for u dude

SMEAGLE
25-06-2006, 11:49 AM
Im not saying that it wont do anythingg at all but just simply stating the fact that since you drive a family car, putting a sway bar will not make your car handle like a type R if thats what your expecting. Sure, it will help abit, but It wont make a MaJOR difference.

SMEAGLE
25-06-2006, 11:51 AM
my suggestion, save your money and invest in Koni Yellows... now that did wonders for me............. :thumbsup:

joyride
25-06-2006, 02:12 PM
if hes already got an afermarket swaybar, then the next logical step is to get spring/shock combo. then yes, after that it will be a world of difference.
the cheaper and quicker alternative is to get a sway bar first.

mr_mojo02
25-06-2006, 03:43 PM
Im not saying that it wont do anythingg at all but just simply stating the fact that since you drive a family car, putting a sway bar will not make your car handle like a type R if thats what your expecting. Sure, it will help abit, but It wont make a MaJOR difference.

maybe you need to invest in a driving course mate. Of course putting stiffer bars on ANY car is going to help. Makes no dif if its a 4 door family car.

incoming
26-06-2006, 01:30 PM
my suggestion, save your money and invest in Koni Yellows... now that did wonders for me............. :thumbsup:

lol u have no idea dude...

MRH-22A
26-06-2006, 09:24 PM
okai... i've ordered tein ss for my car so they should be here in about 2weeks. should i bother getting a sway bar if i've got teins?
OR...
will the sway bar WITH the teins show an even bigger improvement?

ekslut
27-06-2006, 08:52 AM

MRH-22A, dont listen to any of that info. Just coz you have a 4 door doesn't mean you can't drive your car hard.

Good choice on the Tein SS, a nice comfortable coilover that will give you some good handling. Swaybars will make a difference, but the question is will you be driving hard enough to feel the difference. If you go to track and drive fast enough around corners, then defiently look at getting some swaybars, you will feel a difference. Also look at getting some strut braces. The accord is designed as a family car, so any strengthening/siffening of the chassis will make a big difference.

But if you drive around normally and dont really push it, then swaybars/strut braces might be a waste of money as you will not get your car to the point where you will feel a difference.

As for brands, doesn't really matter what brand. But obviously the $3 ebay ones are going to be made of crap quality materials and be fairly weak. I would stick to well know brands that have a good reputaion behind them. That way you know you will be getting a tested and quality product. Whiteline are good, but I would be going with the Suspension Techniques swaybar mentioned before. The US are honda mad, and have some very good products that are well tested.

joyride
27-06-2006, 11:19 AM
well said

MRH-22A
27-06-2006, 05:11 PM
Swaybars will make a difference, but the question is will you be driving hard enough to feel the difference.

the response i was lookin for.

thanks ekslut.

joyride
28-06-2006, 12:47 PM
the sway bar should make a noticeable improvement, maybe you aint hitting them corners fast enough.
i said it too :)