PDA

View Full Version : noise coming from the front of the civic (like a screen door shaking)

mercury
04-12-2005, 08:31 PM
its like when im taking it off it vibrates, anyone know wat it could be? (also when im in low reves in a high gear.. car starts to vibrate it makes that sound)

mechanic suggested it might be the heatshiled thats covering the stock headers, but i tightened it and i am 100% sure it aint comin from there.

any ideas?

bennjamin
04-12-2005, 08:46 PM
worn rear engine mount ? clutch is worn and the flywheel has a uneven surface resulting in this "vibrating" ? More info plz

Does the car make the same noise IF sitting still in neutral , and you slowly rev it ?

mercury
04-12-2005, 09:06 PM
nope..

only when i start to move

(btw thanx guys in advanced for the help..) thanx benj

Loki_
04-12-2005, 09:18 PM
I get something like that as well.. it's like it gets a bit of a shudder when taking off.

Only happens when i drive somewhere after the car has been sitting around for more than 8 hours (doesn't happen when driving home from work), and then it doesn't do it anymore after more than 5 minutes driving. It also doesn't do it if I give it a *bit* more revs when taking off.

Doesn't happen at all (or only very slightly) on warm, dry days.

And my car is in great shape, nothing broken/worn out. Could just be that the engine is cold.

Cheers

mercury
04-12-2005, 09:46 PM
nah this one is kinda loud + it always does it, warm or cold.

it was a breeze before with a 1.3 singe carby, and honbits done a ZC conversion.

never done it before... only after the conversion. They said take off the heatshiled. Should i just take it off? theres a wire that connects through it that i have to undo before i can take it off.. How do i undo that wire?

cheers

ctr kid
04-12-2005, 10:23 PM
are ur cvs tight cos it holds ur wheel bearings together!

the wire should b the o2 sensor i thought the have a plug??? if not unscrew it!

bennjamin
04-12-2005, 10:33 PM
i still think its your clutch or flywheel ~ the surface needs to be properly machined to the clutch disc.

BiGANG
04-12-2005, 11:49 PM
Does the noise come at about 2-3500 revs roughly then goes away? if it is, mine has it too. its like a vibration noise from around the dash. I dont know wtf it is but it shits me off.

mercury
05-12-2005, 12:22 AM
yeh thats the small one.. this one is big

lenz
06-12-2005, 08:20 PM
same thing as my frenz car drivin normally doesnt happend but when driving hard past 4k its starts makin the noise it comming from the left inthe vent or something n sounds loud from outside

Loki_
07-12-2005, 07:04 AM
same thing as my frenz car drivin normally doesnt happend but when driving hard past 4k its starts makin the noise it comming from the left inthe vent or something n sounds loud from outside

Is it a ticking noise, like pretty noticable when u have the windows down? My mates car gets that sometimes from 90 - 100 kph (never at any lower speed though), it's only a year older than mine. We haven't been able to figure it out. :confused: .

lenz
07-12-2005, 02:45 PM
its like metal to metal i can hear it even the windows are down or up and even from outside when next to it driving

Loki_
07-12-2005, 02:49 PM
its like metal to metal i can hear it even the windows are down or up and even from outside when next to it driving

I had that once when I got a small stone stuck in my wheels somewhere. It eventually came out, but it was damn loud.. like nails on a blackboard.

insouciant
08-12-2005, 12:09 AM
check your lock latch, mine gets loose from time to time so i have to tap it to stop it from vibrating

2ds
13-12-2005, 04:13 PM
Check the heatshield on your Cat.
Take it off, clean out any stones or dirt that may have become lodged in there and put it back on, make sure it's tight.

-2ds