PDA

View Full Version : Civic Vi Hatch... Few Queries?

Menthu Rae
04-12-2005, 10:53 PM
Hey guys,

I currently have a 2001 Prelude VTi-R, great car - love it to bits... But I'm looking to go for a non-performance/"luxury" car in the next 4 months - to keep for a while until I finish Uni and get a decent paying job.

Now, I'm thinking of going for a brand-new Civic Vi Hatch... just wondering if anyone knows whether there will be an updated version for 2006?

What do they handle like compared to the EK Hatches? (my mate has an EK hatch with a few mods, and it handles nearly as good as the Prelude! :p )

Are there any known problems/issues people have been having with them? The reason I want a brand new car is so that I don't have to be concerned about things breaking/going wrong... and a "simpler" car such as the Civic should be better in that sense too.

So yeah, basically if anyone has a Civic Vi Hatch - if you could give me some feedback in regards to any problems you've had, or any good experiences - that would be much appreciated.

P.S.

I did a search, for "EP Civic" (that's what they're called, right?) and also for "Civic Vi" and it didn't come up with anything useful to me in regard to this topic! :confused:

civiceg9
04-12-2005, 11:59 PM
There are no news for Civic Hatch in Aus in 2006 as far as I know
only the new Civic Sedan will be coming.

Civic Vi is a 2001 model car so the technology is around 5yrs old, compare to newer cars the car engine is abit noisy other then that it drives find. The car has got good power and interior is nicer then Corolla lol, but I think it needs the optional body kit to make the car look more nicer.

MoDCoN
05-12-2005, 12:08 AM
i dont know that it can handle as well as the ek series - there you have the double wishbone set up which allows superb handling.... but it might be a quieter car as already mentioned...

Aifa
05-12-2005, 02:24 AM
My 2004 Civic Vi:
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b102/FFantasyVortexUploads/civic_01_oh.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b102/FFantasyVortexUploads/civic_02_oh.jpg

Now here's some info all summarised:

Modifications:
-------------
(exterior)
-Slimline door visors
-Honeycomb grill
-Front under spoiler add-on kit
-Rear under spoiler add-on kit

(accessories)
-interior neons x2
-interior LED's
-exterior neons x6

(performance)
-17" SSM rims. Good-Year Eagle F1 tyres.
-2.25" free-flow exhaust cannon.

....And thats pretty much all ive done to it. I havent touched the engine.. yet. I used to dislike this Civic, but now ive warmed up to it. I didnt like it before since i realised that being a 4-door medium sized hatch, its pretty much a family car. This Civic is as long as many sedans out there, yep, its big. Makes me wanna trade it in for a Jazz Vti-S. There's so much i could say about this civic.

Ok, ill try to mention a few: The 15" stock rims are very boring, but the tyres are very good... Potenza!! I only realised how good the stock tyres were after i lost control while taking a turn at 60km/hr using my Eagle F1 tyres. So yeah, the stock tyres are good. Not many people here actually have the Civic Vi... its all about the Jazz these days. So you'll definately stand out with this car in the looks department, assuming you at least get the optional side skirts and spoiler.... the Vi looks crap without them.

Because its a big car, that means heaps of space on the inside. Boot space is also very good. Its definately an excellent people-mover. All my friends love cruising in my car. Its a nice ride. The stereo system is very good. They produce heaps of bass for some reason!! Even more than my mate's aftermarket Alpine speakers. Im not going to bother upgrading my car audio because its that good!

Well i probably said enough. I give it a thumbs up as a non-sporty car.

ALSO: My Civic is EU3. I think you wanted EU instead of EP.

jackosimm
05-12-2005, 07:15 AM
I wouldnt quiet call a civic a "luxury" car?

Menthu Rae
05-12-2005, 09:31 AM
I wouldnt quiet call a civic a "luxury" car?

haha, LOL, I thought someone would say this!!! Here-in lies the problem with English, or maybe my wording?

I meant non-performance/non-luxury! :D as PRELUDE is kind of a performance/luxury car :p

So NON-performance/luxury means NON performance and NON luxury :confused: :confused: :wave: :D :D :D

ahhh, I'm becoming FOB :D :wave: :p

SiReal
05-12-2005, 09:38 AM
have yuo though about brands other than Honda? The Holden Vectra apparently is alright. and the astra. euro car, but its probably within the same budget.

vi-tekken
27-02-2006, 09:58 PM
keep it real man honda all the way.. its a nice ride but if your going performance wise then dont even think about it.. interior is alright comparison to other trimming the dash and side panels scratch easily the material also picks up alot of lint (dust).. with any other car treat it good n it treat u good.. but 2 thumbs up on getting the optional side skirts and if you want some class in it get it in black.. very roomy all round.. smooth driving just need a lil more ommph if u kno wat i mean..

krogoth
27-02-2006, 11:22 PM
r u keepin ur old prelude?

if u r then the vi is a cheaper option, but u could prob trade in the prelude and get a new 06 model civic sport, its heaps more powerful and its(in ma opinion) a much sexier car. I'm only suggestin the 06 sport if u trade in the prelude, coz a new 06 sport will prob set u bak around $35,000 drive away

But if ur keepin the prelude, then buy the 06 Civic VTi, ironically its price is quite similar a new 01 vi, so put in an extra $2 or $3k and get the latest civic

krogoth
27-02-2006, 11:24 PM
i meant to say, 04 civic vi, I was usin the numpad, 4 is above the 1, LOL

SAMBO456
28-02-2006, 08:30 AM
I also have a Vi civic. They are great little car that preforms well and very roomy.

I also give the thumbs up to this car.

dc-r
01-03-2006, 07:39 AM
Now, I'm thinking of going for a brand-new Civic Vi Hatch... just wondering if anyone knows whether there will be an updated version for 2006?

What do they handle like compared to the EK Hatches? (my mate has an EK hatch with a few mods, and it handles nearly as good as the Prelude! :p )

civic hatch won't come out... for while... friend of mine works at Honda told me...

i have EK and my sister has EU ... i driven both cars many times. for handling wise EK is better than EU. but sisters car is auto... so maybe manual will be diffrerent.

DoAvl
03-03-2006, 09:29 PM
i'm on a slightly modded vi atm (bout 2 months now?)... quite a nice car but i miss the low end torque that my lil starlet used to offer :(

i still don't understand what all the fuss is about v-tech though, apparently you're supposed to be able to "feel" it kick in after a certain amount of revs. i've redlined it and can't feel anything... maybe i just need to change the air filter.