PDA

View Full Version : Removing door from car? (crx)

Dxs
05-12-2005, 10:55 AM
Hey guys, i have some rust on my car so i need to remove the door to get to it. ( http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?p=524472#post524472 )
I was just wondering if anyone else had experience in removing doors off cars.

The 4 main things that are attach include the top hinge, bottom hinge, the electrical cables and the alignment/strut thing to keep the door open.

I presume i just unbolt the hinges and they come off.. but i am wondering about the electrical cables and the strut thing. Does anyone have a method of detaching them? Maybe with electricals i can just unplug it all and then unattach them from the doors???? but i have no clue about the strut

showpony
05-12-2005, 11:14 AM
Pretty simple to do, there should be a pin on the strut that holds the door open. Knock the pin out with a hammer and a punch if needed. Pull back the rubber boot on the door and the wires should unplug. Then just unbolt the hinges with a socket and extension. You might need another person to hold the door for you when you unbolt it.

Dxs
05-12-2005, 11:35 AM
thanks show pony.. thought this may be the case.
1 rep point for you!

so i guess i just hammer the pin back in when putting the door on?
do i have to align the door or something when i am putting it back on?

any other info?

showpony
05-12-2005, 04:13 PM
No worries mate. I haven't got as far as putting it back on but bolt up the hinges first. Mark where the bolts were on the hinge before u take them off. If you bolt it back up on the marks then it should be aligned, and just hammer the pin back in.

05-12-2005, 04:20 PM
If the door are correctly aligned already just take the pins out and leave the hinges on the car, when re assembling just put the pins back in and that way it will not go out of alignment.. :thumbsup: