PDA

View Full Version : Fading Interior

traumatized
21-03-2004, 03:32 PM
I was wondering.. i have a integra vtir and the black interior is fading, where the cup holder is, areas that ahve been scratched and so forth.. is there anything i can put on them to restore the black?

A'PEXi
21-03-2004, 03:52 PM
paint it :D vinyl dye etc.

McChook
21-03-2004, 04:12 PM
Stuff like Turtle wax vinyl protector and the like do wonder. I have restored my interior in th prelude. I was sun-fading, and a good coat of that stuff once a week for 4 weeks got it blacker than ever,

Leather Steering wheel is my current project for repair

traumatized
21-03-2004, 04:14 PM
paint it :D vinyl dye etc.

anything easier to use? maybe a product with like a shoe polish application process? or vinyl protector applicaiton process?

McChook
21-03-2004, 04:19 PM
Vinyl repair products are common...
Turtle Wax and Meguiars are the best 2. Turtle Wax is cheaper, and better value IMO

wynode
21-03-2004, 04:22 PM
Tried abit of Armourall? (not on the steering wheel though) ;)

McChook
21-03-2004, 04:25 PM
Amour all works too, b I always use too many coats. The Turtle Wax stuff is brilliant

For leather, I use Meguiars Medallian Leather Repair. AWESOME

traumatized
21-03-2004, 04:29 PM
Amour all works too, b I always use too many coats. The Turtle Wax stuff is brilliant

For leather, I use Meguiars Medallian Leather Repair. AWESOME

Is is a colour restorer? the Turtle Wax Stuff? because i got scratches and stuff on it also where its like grey now...

McChook
21-03-2004, 04:38 PM
It won't fix scrates. It does restore colour, takes the crap off the top, but doesn't fix scratches. I have a few in my car, it doesn;t do that sort of thing.

traumatized
21-03-2004, 04:40 PM
It won't fix scrates. It does restore colour, takes the crap off the top, but doesn't fix scratches. I have a few in my car, it doesn;t do that sort of thing.

Yeah i was hoping to find a product that makes the scratches go black so there less noticeable.. there basically like scuff marks and stuff...

luzinit
21-03-2004, 05:10 PM
how do u do the steering wheel btw?? i've done everything on my dash besides the wheel as well.. :/

last thing u;d want is to have a slippery ass steering wheel, so i wonder how u'd go about restoring a wheel??

McChook
21-03-2004, 05:31 PM
Mate, use a leather repair cream. I use Meguiars Medallian Leather repair....
Doesn;t make it slippery, it absorbs the cream, and dirt rubs right off. Leave it for 10 and it isn;t slippery

Redteg
23-03-2004, 07:24 AM
Vore here for Meguiars Natural Shine. Blends in scratches and imperfections. Darkens faded plastics and vinyl. Also has UV protectant.

For some reason when it comes to interior and tyres though I always believe the shinier the better, which is not what professional detailers believe. Be careful of glare though.

But I am no professional detailer.

I like 303 Protectant and Armor-All too and I believe that they work. My Commodore's interior is like new after 23 years. No fading, no cracking, nothing.

A'PEXi
23-03-2004, 09:34 AM
yeh the stuff mentioned above is ok... repair stuff, you could even try shoe polish... but i was mentioning vinyl dye because if you are working on the dash anyway, may as well colour it/re-new it....

just my 2c.

BlakTegra
23-03-2004, 11:19 PM
black perminent marker

traumatized
25-03-2004, 07:18 AM
I guess i just need something that will darken the scratches up, seeing how the interior is black when it gets scratches on where the cup holder and kick boards are and so forth they go grey, just dont want them to be noticeable.