PDA

View Full Version : V8 Supercars

Rowie
21-03-2004, 03:37 PM
Well done Ambrose (ford), cleaned up the holdens with a win yesterday and today! :thumbsup:

McChook
21-03-2004, 04:16 PM
Was good.
Nasty accidents though.
Pity Garth didn;'t even start today BOOOO

Spring on SEPANG!!!!

EuroAccord13
22-03-2004, 06:57 PM
I'd go FORD over Holden ANYTIME!

Yipeee to SBR!

Sad Ingall didn't finish too...

And what is wrong with Craig Lowndes.. since he moved to FORD, he ain't that good anymore...

And the new point system now is IF you don't finish, you don't get points...

LUD02C
22-03-2004, 06:59 PM
Are they still using Push rods in the V8 series?

McChook
22-03-2004, 07:00 PM
They will forever

LUD02C
22-03-2004, 07:01 PM
They will forever

Why don't they change?
This series has become boring..
The cars are way to big for the tracks

McChook
22-03-2004, 07:04 PM
Chevy don' have a race engine with OHCams
in fact, ford don't have one either... race wise

McChook
22-03-2004, 07:04 PM
Basically, the technology is so old, but still sooooo cheap. and they wanna keep costs low

LUD02C
22-03-2004, 07:07 PM
No race engine with OHC DAME, THAT SHIT IS WHACK

A'PEXi
02-04-2004, 01:54 PM
ohc, overheadcam ??

b16a_integra
02-04-2004, 02:14 PM
because they have monkeys in their offices trying to advance there technology but i isnt working.

crx2gen
03-04-2004, 02:06 AM
This thread is a perfect example of why Honda owners cop so much shit about their cars...because they do it straight back. Primarily, the cars used (Commodore and Falcon) are the most common sedans on the market - If you want to watch something with smaller cars try the one-make series with MGF's, or MX-5's, or whatever. There is talk of Camry and Magna being introduced, but I'll believe that when I see it. They use pushrod 5 litre V8's because they're making ~600hp from this so called dinosaur technology, which is cheap and reliable...but hey, big deal right? They're still V8 pieces of shit :roll:

McChook
03-04-2004, 11:27 AM
I don't care, the amount of technology elsewhere in the cars is amazing - Even the front bar alone is a work of art. The engines are anti-technology and prehistoric - but it keeps them cheap, which is a good thing. I don't really care, as long as the racing is good, exciting and fair. Racing shouldn't always be about money and extreme development - you only have to look at an old British Super Tourer to understand the extremes you can really go to - they are UNBELIEVABLE...

LUD02C
03-04-2004, 06:31 PM
This thread is a perfect example of why Honda owners cop so much shit about their cars...because they do it straight back. Primarily, the cars used (Commodore and Falcon) are the most common sedans on the market - If you want to watch something with smaller cars try the one-make series with MGF's, or MX-5's, or whatever. There is talk of Camry and Magna being introduced, but I'll believe that when I see it. They use pushrod 5 litre V8's because they're making ~600hp from this so called dinosaur technology, which is cheap and reliable...but hey, big deal right? They're still V8 pieces of shit :roll:

Your an idiot...
Honda gets its bad reputation because of Califonia in America!
Americans didn't like what "asians" did to them with looks over performance!

As for 600+ horse's with dinosaur technology!
If they didn't use "dinosaur" technology they would be in the catergory of BMW M5 and Mercdes V8's engines (which are smaller then 5.8 and produce nearly the same amount)

Como and Falcon are the most selling mainly because of fleet sales!!!!
When they count sales they don't exclude fleet sales.
A magna would shit all over a falcon and commo around the track..
If the commo and Falcon were so good, the Skyline's would still be in this championship!

When the British touring cars came to Australia about 2-3 yrs ago, they were nearly matching the times of the V8's and these are 405's and MG's that are racing!

The camry and Magna won't come in because stupid bogans who think it should only be commo and falcons racing, because they are scared of a "Japanese" car killing there "national" car!

I could go on and on...

Toby
05-04-2004, 01:02 AM
I think it would be good to see some jap cars in the series but dont think it will happen :(

EuroAccord13
05-04-2004, 06:28 AM

Why didn't I read this earlier?? I so LOVE THAT LINE! My 01 Magna Sports owned their S/C and V8s (not including FPR and HSV).. Being a sleeper on stock tyres and alloys, I get pushed into racing them alot and each time I owned them, they either stayed behind me or speed off and turn into another street. But of course, when my car blew up when my internals couldn't take it. I switched camp and joined Honda and will continue my philosophy of building a sleeper...

Glad I was referred to this site... quiet at times but at least it comes with large dosage of humour and little members banter :D :D :D :D

CHEERS
Nick

Rowie
05-04-2004, 10:29 AM
if you put jap cars in the V8 supercar series.... that will be the end of it... its aussie car racing for christ sakes, personally i dont want to see this happen, bogan or not.... thats not why the supercar series was created.

Camry and magna have their own class they race in on the track if they want to race.. I have nothing against these cars, but its just WRONG to allow them to race in this series.

This is just like females wanting to play golf in the same tournament as the males.... its just plain WRONG!

crx2gen
05-04-2004, 03:24 PM
Your an idiot...
Honda gets its bad reputation because of Califonia in America!
Americans didn't like what "asians" did to them with looks over performance!

As for 600+ horse's with dinosaur technology!
If they didn't use "dinosaur" technology they would be in the catergory of BMW M5 and Mercdes V8's engines (which are smaller then 5.8 and produce nearly the same amount)

Como and Falcon are the most selling mainly because of fleet sales!!!!
When they count sales they don't exclude fleet sales.
If the commo and Falcon were so good, the Skyline's would still be in this championship!

When the British touring cars came to Australia about 2-3 yrs ago, they were nearly matching the times of the V8's and these are 405's and MG's that are racing!

The camry and Magna won't come in because stupid bogans who think it should only be commo and falcons racing, because they are scared of a "Japanese" car killing there "national" car!

I could go on and on...

Thanks for keeping this on a reasonable level without resorting to namecalling, thats fantastic :roll: I'll agree with you that there are engines out there producing more power per litre, more power in total, but I doubt there are any that are as reliable or cheap to run in what is essentially a one make series engine wise. Fleet sales have nothing to do with it - fact is they are still the most common sedans on the road and there is a strong local supporter base who follow the V8 Supercars because of what they drive. British touring cars that were almost matching the times? Forgot to mention that both those cars are at least 500kg's lighter than the V8's also, I'd imagine they would have worked out the power/weight as per the usual parity equations, which makes that point baseless. I'd also say the biggest drawback to Camry not entering is a lack of a cheap RWD chassis - the Magna on the other hand has been touted before, and nothing has happened. I'd say it has less to do with worries about being beaten, and more to do with the losses in revenues to GMH and FoMoCo. Furthermore, a Magna will shit all over a Commodore or Falcon at the track? I tend do disagree, being that the V8 Supercars are nothing like their road going cousins, and if the Magna were entered, it would face the same adjustments. Oh and just wondering where you pulled this from?

(which are smaller then 5.8 and produce nearly the same amount)
You tell me...

Oh, and EuroAccord13, a comparision with street racing in your Magna to anything with the supercars is hilarious. Though I'd agree that they are definitely underrated, MOTOR had a good review of the Aussie sixes a while back which was interesting.

Rowie
05-04-2004, 04:04 PM
the motors in the v8 supercars are made for the track... and cant be compared to a road registered V8..... More power or not!! Give the road registered BMW's or other V8 variants a thrash around the race track like they drive the v8 supercars and count how many laps it does before you see a big puff of smoke!!

EuroAccord13
05-04-2004, 06:09 PM
Oh, and EuroAccord13, a comparision with street racing in your Magna to anything with the supercars is hilarious. Though I'd agree that they are definitely underrated, MOTOR had a good review of the Aussie sixes a while back which was interesting.

I quote "Not Including FPV and HSV" because I know my magna can't own them at all...If that's what u mean by a joke that I race Supercars...

crx2gen
06-04-2004, 10:28 AM
I quote "Not Including FPV and HSV" because I know my magna can't own them at all...If that's what u mean by a joke that I race Supercars...

Nah, I know what you meant, It made me laugh - not taking the piss out of you if thats how you took it. And if I were to buy an Aussie made six I'd probably go either a VY...definitely not the new Magna! Prefer the last two updates, not the latest (Don't know the codes).

EuroAccord13
06-04-2004, 11:44 AM

Nah, I know what you meant, It made me laugh - not taking the piss out of you if thats how you took it. And if I were to buy an Aussie made six I'd probably go either a VY...definitely not the new Magna! Prefer the last two updates, not the latest (Don't know the codes).

It's cool dude :)... Yeah I agree, the new Magna is S-H-I-T-Z ... It's Mitsu's new coporate image to have all their cars looking alike :P :shock:

LUD02C
06-04-2004, 01:37 PM
Quick question
Are all Magna’s now AWD or just selected ones?

crx2gen
06-04-2004, 02:42 PM
two different floorpans, so no, only if you want.