PDA

View Full Version : Servicing of my Car?

traumatized
21-03-2004, 04:16 PM
I posted this in the Technial section but i thought i'd post it here also.

I just bought a Integra VTi-R with 135,000K's on the clock. I want to do a full service & a full tune-up on the car to make sure that everything is ok.

My question is what will i need to get serviced & tune-up? what needs to be change/replace? and how much will it cost?

I heard about hanny's? how much do they do a service like this for? and what will they do?

joneblaze
21-03-2004, 06:19 PM
Hi mate,

firstly you should delete your identical post in Technical. Multiple posts are not allowed.

I think alot of people here would recommend Hanny's as a reliable and affordable place to service your car. You'll find they are alot cheaper than your Honda dealer, etc.

traumatized
21-03-2004, 06:26 PM
Hi mate,

firstly you should delete your identical post in Technical. Multiple posts are not allowed.

I think alot of people here would recommend Hanny's as a reliable and affordable place to service your car. You'll find they are alot cheaper than your Honda dealer, etc.

What would you recommend me to do? change belts? flash fluids? what do u recommend.. just want to basically start fresh kinder thing, because i dont know when was the last service/tune-up or the history of the vehicle.

How much will it cost at Hanny's?

joneblaze
21-03-2004, 06:37 PM
Have you got logbooks for your VTiR? Do you know if the major service and timingbelt has been changed?
Basically if you have no idea what's been done you should just get a major service and it'll basically "freshen" your car up.
Take it into Robert and he'll check it out for you and change what needs to be done. Hannys - 9725 5115.

traumatized
21-03-2004, 06:44 PM
Have you got logbooks for your VTiR? Do you know if the major service and timingbelt has been changed?
Basically if you have no idea what's been done you should just get a major service and it'll basically "freshen" your car up.
Take it into Robert and he'll check it out for you and change what needs to be done. Hannys - 9725 5115.

Nah the car didn't come with a logbook, nor did it come with a user manual.. you dont have any idea how much a major service is going to cost me at Hanny's?

Also is there a place tht i can d/l the user manual for the vtir?

snowman95
22-03-2004, 12:28 AM
most important thing, cam belt, check to see if its been replaced, its supposed to be every 5 years or 100 000k, if that goes man it will take everything with it, check it, definately

fried
22-03-2004, 06:15 PM
im sure uncle robert can figure out whats BEEN done and what hasnt.

u can buy my vti-r handbook ;) 94-95 model ;)

make an offer.