PDA

View Full Version : HELP@@@!!! my DC2 not starting??

:-)
06-12-2005, 03:23 PM
hey all

my dc2 vti-r is not starting, its got reds but everytime i crank it, it does not seem to start??? could it be timimg belt? i also checked all the obvious, sparkies, leads, alarm etc etc but no succeed?

any suggestions would be appreciated :thumbsup:

BiGANG
06-12-2005, 03:56 PM
i doubt its the timing belt dude.

Its either an ignition prob. or a fuel prob (narrowed it down hey :) )
if you are keen i would pull a plug out, hold the thread to a metal part of the car (stay away from anywhere near fuel might be and make sure you arent physically touching the plug or you will get a nice zap.) and get a mate to crank the car to see if you get any spark. I know it sounds dodgy but at least if you have spark you can pretty much be certain you have a fuel prob then go from there.

tinkerbell
06-12-2005, 05:40 PM
can you hear the fuel pump prime for 2 seconds when you turn it to 'on'?

have someone listen at the fuel tank for the whirring noise.

if there is no whirring, it might be your main relay not giving power to the fuel pump...

T-onedc2
06-12-2005, 05:59 PM
So nothing but dash lights etc happens? One of my immobiliser keys plays up and won't start the engine, so I take it out and put it back in and it's ok till next time, think it's a faulty chip in the key.
Only applies to 98+ dc2 though.

kousoku
06-12-2005, 06:07 PM
call nrma mate.

majic777
06-12-2005, 07:08 PM
can you smell unburnt petrol coming out the exhaust when its cranking?

JDM.Power
06-12-2005, 07:12 PM
water in your petrol?

pars
06-12-2005, 08:10 PM
I am having the exact same problem at the moment and it looks like it is the modulator in the dizzy check the spark if it has spark see how stong it is this is the second time it has happened to me common prob in hondas

Spunkymonkey
06-12-2005, 08:37 PM
Is it making any noise when you crank it? could be starter motor. Had to change mine during the year. If you have nrma cover, just get them to have a look at it for you. but like the others said, also check its not your immobiliser if you have one.

ECU-MAN
06-12-2005, 09:43 PM
could be your Main PGMFI relay, ICM or a few other things.

a few test you can do is.

1st like they said above listen for the fuel pump prime.
2nd take a lead out, put a spar plug in it, hold the metal body to ground, have someone crank the engine. do you have a big ass spark.
3rd is the map sensor connected corectly. unplug it and reconect it

is there any codes in your ECU

07-12-2005, 03:28 PM
thanks all for the replies.....il check it out.....
much appreciated :-)

07-12-2005, 03:33 PM
well, today... i had a mobile mechanic come and checked it its been confirmed that it is not the timing belt "wipes forehead"....he diagnoised it..., and said it is a fuel pump issue..and will rectify for me tomorrow..." hope it doesnt cost too much :-) heheh "

anyways thanks very much for all the valued feed backs...very much appreciated oz honda ROCks!!

cheers

bennjamin
07-12-2005, 03:58 PM
also , if you have spent quite abit of time "trying" to start the car ~ its possible the cylinders maybe flooded , or the distributor coil or igniter unit may have fried (been down this road TWICE $$$)

IF everything seems fine maybe try remove the spark plugs + leads , disconnect the dizzy , disconnect the fuel pump ( via under rear seats etc) and try turnign the car over with the start only. Maybe Fuel mist will spray out of one or more cylinders and let it sit for abit. Reattach everything and hopefully its ready to ignite :)

(PS thanks Tinkerbell for this trick !)

ECU-MAN
07-12-2005, 10:32 PM
have a read of this

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31796