PDA

View Full Version : How to protect projectors

02ZZI
06-12-2005, 04:19 PM
Hello,
Well i am going to buy some projectors for my civic.
I am either going to get dual halo projectors or tyc projectors. I am leaning towards the dual halo because i think they look better how ever tyc is meant to be much better build quality.
Anyways
I am wondering what i can do to proctect the halos from blowing?
I notice alot of people have blown halos what causes it and how can i avoid this?
What do you guys think?
Thank you

02ZZI
07-12-2005, 12:35 PM
come on some one has to know something!

destrukshn
07-12-2005, 12:45 PM
i guess it just depends on the build quality.
i bought my first set.. and then one of the rings blew out, so i got my money back, which was in 2 weeks of fitting em.

with the set i got now.
not one single problem.
so i don't really think there is a way of protecting it?

egSi
07-12-2005, 12:50 PM
what he sed^^

SINISTR
07-12-2005, 01:17 PM
as for protecting the actual headlight assebly... id recommend some clear film over the top to stop rock scratches etc.

02ZZI
07-12-2005, 01:42 PM
i heard they blow because of voltage spikes or something along those lines? isnt there like a volt limiter or something i could get?

aaronng
07-12-2005, 01:55 PM
Why not just install a diode to cut off when there are voltage spikes or a cap to smoothen them out?

Sydsyd
07-12-2005, 03:54 PM
i got a set of projectors too and i was thinking something like a volt stabilizer...like the Pivot Raizin Volt Stabilizer...does anyone know if this helps? if not then i wouldn't waste my money on this

WANKFACTR
07-12-2005, 03:58 PM
i got a pair of projector headlights but they dont have park lights in them at all

Civic_Si
07-12-2005, 10:16 PM
One advice. Get a trusted brand of Projector headlights. It may be more expensive but they work well and do not give you much problem. The dual halo projector headlights I got on my EM1 are from Sonar (USA). It fits prefectly and looks great. The only major problem I face with the headlights is that the body chassic. It is blocking the driver side low beam bulb. I can't access to change that bulb without removing the front bumper bar and then the driver side headlight. It is so troublesome!
And another thing, I would suggest to seal up around the gaps before installing.
Good luck!

Regards,
Johnnie

Kandy
07-12-2005, 11:04 PM
The only major problem I face with the headlights is that the body chassic. It is blocking the driver side low beam bulb. I can't access to change that bulb without removing the front bumper bar and then the driver side headlight. It is so troublesome!
I have to remove the front bumber and headlights to change both drivers and passengers side bulbs! But have not yet had a problem with the rings going... unless they have gone and no one has told me...

And my park lights = the two rings

Civic_Si
07-12-2005, 11:33 PM
Hey Kandy,

Sounds like I'm a little bit more lucky than you! I just have to remove the driver side headlights to get to the bulb! And yup, my parker lights are the 2 rings. They really look awesome at night!
Cheers!

Regards,
Johnnie

02ZZI
08-12-2005, 06:15 PM
what are the trusted brands then?

Civic_Si
08-12-2005, 08:10 PM
Hi O2ZZI,

The BEST manufacturer for Dual Halo projector headlight will be Denji. They are from Japan but they only export to the States. My friend in the States got them and paid USD$400+ for the Denji G3 Dual Angel Eye Projectors. The headlights really looks good on his Civic Si. Well, you can go for Sonar brand too... Just remember to take good care of them and they will be alright. Hope that this info helps...
Cheers!

Regards,
Johnnie

civlowwer
09-12-2005, 11:35 AM
hey, what I do to my projectors is put drain holes in them, to drain the condensation out, and it works, no more foggy projector and it protects the halo’s from blowing, as the condensation isn’t building up on the LED’s which when you use them it shorts the LED’s out. So use a 5mm drill piece and drill about 3-5 holes in the lowest point of the projector and it will work.

peace

Civic_Si
09-12-2005, 02:29 PM
Yup. Some of my friends did what civlowwer did. Drilling 3 - 5 small holes below the headlights. It helps the headlight to "breath" better and hence no fog inside the headlight. That works too!
Cheers!

WANKFACTR
09-12-2005, 09:26 PM
my projectors has none of the park light rims so i have to put some in the grill or something