PDA

View Full Version : powerchip?? yay or nay???

VTIs
16-09-2003, 01:03 PM
Anyone out there with that's got a 5th gen with a chip installed??

just wanted to know if it's worthwhile??

I'm only asking about 5th gen accords, cause that's what i've got.. i can't see how comparing apples and oranges would gimme a definitive answer.

Cheers ppls

wynode
16-09-2003, 01:54 PM
So are you only looking for people with a 5th gen accord AND a powerchip installed?

Personally, i'd spend the money on intake and exhaust mods.

toE
16-09-2003, 02:03 PM
In my humble and inexperienced opinion VTIs, it's not worth it to change the chip cos, let's face it it's a F22B engine. :oops:

there's only a point where you can go for that engine and after that, no matter what else you do, it just wouldn't help. basically, pointless.

i'd do like wynode said, just do the intake and exhaust for now, then if you want more, either turbocharge it :evil: or swap to a H22A engine then turbocharge that engine :twisted: .

but if you're on a budget for now, go ahead, by all means...but let us know about ur progress tho!! :)

VTIs
16-09-2003, 02:23 PM
In my humble and inexperienced opinion VTIs, it's not worth it to change the chip cos, let's face it it's a F22B engine. :oops:

Yeah.. that's what i thought.. it's just something a mate of mine suggested that i could get, that'll gimme some bang for buck, at this early stage of modding my car, and it being a F22B, auto.. grr... auto.. yuck.. :P

I thought exactly the same, that a chip really won't do it much justice, considering the cost. But then would by changing the intake and exhaust do it much justice as well?? how much should i expect to gain from a chip change? how much should i gain from an intake and exhaust change?

i'd do like wynode said, just do the intake and exhaust for now, then if you want more, either turbocharge it :evil: or swap to a H22A engine then turbocharge that engine :twisted: .

I'm getting my springs and shocks done at the end of this month. Figuring that i'll get the most from that at the moment. Then i was gonna get H22a swapped in. that's what my plan of attack was going to be.

what ya's reckon?? about my plan, and about the gains for the chip / intake & exhaust.

toE
16-09-2003, 02:49 PM
Frankly, that's MY plan of "attack" too. :shock: haeha...

If you can't bear to spend 6-8 Gs for the swap yet, then do the intake and exhaust first. I'm not very good at gains and all, but i'd presumed there'd b a difference.

Do ur suspension set-up and let us know how it goes.

!!Off-Topic!! :oops:
What brands have ya picked out for your suspension??

CUDDLS
16-09-2003, 03:30 PM
Try Hondata - and read up about it on www.honda-tech.com - honda forums...

I'm sure that will help you out

also, contact blkcrx - he'll be able to tell you more about hondata

Plus, i think there's a thread on it somewhere on these forums... powerchip doesn't compare in a honda!

AP1 F20c
18-09-2003, 08:29 AM
I wouldn't even waste time with the SOHC VTEC, an applied H22A will equate to what I'd call "decent power" the Accord should be basically equipped with. Unfortunately, Australia gets no where close to what Japan has to offer. :roll:

toE
18-09-2003, 09:52 AM
...an applied H22A will equate to what I'd call "decent power" the Accord should be basically equipped with...

huh?? say wat again?? me no speak anglais!!

VTIs
18-09-2003, 12:06 PM
...an applied H22A will equate to what I'd call "decent power" the Accord should be basically equipped with...

Hey Toe.. That's kinda uncalled for.. I don't quite understand what he said either, but there's no need to imply racist remarks mate..

wynode
18-09-2003, 12:41 PM
Made perfect sense to me.

He said don't bother with the SOHC VTEC and get the DOHC VTEC H22a from our prelude vti-r.

AP1 F20c
18-09-2003, 01:05 PM
Apologies if my english isn't up to scratch. But Wynode's got my point. :cry:

toE
18-09-2003, 01:05 PM

Hey Toe.. That's kinda uncalled for.. I don't quite understand what he said either, but there's no need to imply racist remarks mate..

sorry!! no offense. just trying to understand while being funny!! i apologize!!

VTIs
18-09-2003, 03:50 PM
That's cool all. thanx for the input..

just wanted to know if it's worthwhile.. All's good.. :D