PDA

View Full Version : Power loss

raskalsmpl
07-12-2005, 08:42 AM
Yo !!!!

Just put in a new CAI

Wondering has anyone notice any power loss when installing a CAI on a b16a?? with the CAI going into the wheel arch?

especially switching into vtec

fadz
07-12-2005, 09:27 AM
iv got a cai on my single cam vti...u can feel a slight diff in power @ night, car goes bit harder but ye dont know with the b16az Ud think would be the same or better?

raskalsmpl
07-12-2005, 03:41 PM
anyone

DNYALL
07-12-2005, 05:41 PM
After i installed mine the car felt like it ran a bit harder especially at night or in cold whether but no power losses at all. Mine goes down into the front bar.

http://www.serfcrew.com/images/user_upload/2005%20Dec/ghhghgh.jpg

elim
07-12-2005, 05:44 PM
Im not sure if i felt any increases but the throttle response felt like it increased abit and the growl/roar is tops

EuroAccord13
07-12-2005, 05:54 PM
You will lose low end power with a CAI setup due to the extra distance required for the air to travel to the engine but your top end will improve and I'm sure you'll feel the kick when it's in VTEC :)...

CHEERS

incoming
07-12-2005, 05:56 PM
what brand CAI?

get branded CAI with proven gains..

raskalsmpl
08-12-2005, 12:54 PM
mine is just a replica..... im sure there wouldnt be much of a difference with a injen....... and stuff......

i know there is a by[ass filter you can get???? is that a must??? will this correct the low end power loss????

has anyone else got any input about CAI power loss???

^_^civic^_^
10-12-2005, 10:50 AM
raskalsmpl i also felt a bit of power/torque loss in the low end (about idle-1700rpm) when i put mine in. but it felt like there was a bit more torque and power mid to high, nuthin terribly significant...but i reckon bum dynos unreliable...maybe a minor gain in mid to high rpms

i agree with the brand statement tho...just to b safe, is a good idea to get a brand that typically has proven gains. i got an AEM CAI...they claimed a gain of 8hp for the b16a...maybe its rite...but 8hp is hard to tell imho...but the car "feels" harder and definitely sounds meaner hehehe

^_^civic^_^
10-12-2005, 10:53 AM
oh and bypass valves? i thought they onli important if ur place is flooded regularly? or if u like to run really deep puddles a lot!...i hear they might cause a SLIGHT loss in power usin one with ur CAI...doubt u'd feel that tho