PDA

View Full Version : CD5 Angel Eyes headlight help

Rico
07-12-2005, 03:56 PM
Hey guys, been meaning to ask this for a while, but my angel eye projector lights on my accord are really crap. Not the halos - their awesome, but the lights to see on the road, it only lights up like 2-3 metres infront of me really poorly - i cant see anything! i might aswell drive with my lights off. Now I noticed that the big round light globe like bulbs where u place your bulbs is loose, it was always like this. Also, when I got the headlights installed I only got the halos, driving lights and high beams done, so theres another halo that isnt in use. I was thinking of getting white lights that are brighter, but maybe I should put in a second amount of lights in the second halo area thats not in use....or somehow adjust the light globe to get it sticking in a good position so it projects out further..
Anyone know what size globes fit in these??
I did a marvelous paint job of describing it if you couldnt understand me.

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/2730/awesomepaintworkyes5rl.jpg

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/649/paintjobpro4hf.jpg

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/4294/betterpic1lr.jpg

So basically heres what I'm saying:

One of the headlights where a bulb can go is not in use - unsure whether I should put a globe in - is that what its purpose is? I have high beams, low beams and parkers installed, - whats else?
The driving lights project down and only show me 2-3 of road - very dangerous and annoying as my car is lowered and driving at night is deadly as I can't see potholes!
Should I: Reposition the globes as the huge magnifying globes that the bulbs go in are pointing down - if so, does anyone have any sujestions?
Get white brighter lights or add in an extra globe into the socket that is not being in use. Or all three?

I think only those with the lights will understand what im saying.

Chris_F
07-12-2005, 04:50 PM
it's not an indicator?

h22a accord
07-12-2005, 05:11 PM
im fairly sure the lights that are not in use are either your parkers or city lights! You need to hook your parker light up to the 2nd halo I put some exxy phillips bulbs ( don't waste your time with cheap bulbs) in my angel eys and while it brightened them up alot they never were as good as OEM with good bulbs!

My projector was also out of place and i couldnt work out how to re postion it without pulling the lense off the head light housing!

I think that while the cheap projector lights ( when i say cheap they can be up to $500) look good they dont perform as well as OEM. Im on the hunt for some JDM accord SIR black housing headlights- they are sexy while still maintaining excellent nightime and wet weather driving!

U should take your car to autopro etc and the guys will no doubt find a bulb to fit --makes sense cos they want a sale!

Good luck with it dude.

MRH-22A
07-12-2005, 06:58 PM
To reposition the projector lense: There are 2 screws on the back of the headlights. if you screw them to the left or right, you will notice the lense move in and out. Keep mucking around with it... trial and error... until u get it right.

I hope this makes sense... its realli hot right now... i tried my best to explain.

MRH-22A
07-12-2005, 07:14 PM
if u cant work it out then i will get pics for u.

wOlfee
07-12-2005, 07:36 PM
yeh what he said screw the two screws on the back one shifts left/right one shifts up/down mine was xactly like urs

Kandy
07-12-2005, 11:21 PM
yeh what he said screw the two screws on the back one shifts left/right one shifts up/down mine was xactly like urs
Do you think this is the same for all projector type headlights? I've been driving around blind for nothing?!? Argh! :confused:

wOlfee
08-12-2005, 02:07 PM
Do you think this is the same for all projector type headlights? I've been driving around blind for nothing?!? Argh! :confused:

for most angel eyes projecters and i guess others too not sure though :D

destrukshn
08-12-2005, 02:11 PM
mine was exactly like that as well!
but mine had adjusting screws at the back of the headlight!
they should have adjusting screws.
so all you ahve to do is just adjust em.
and you should be fine
=p

Rico
08-12-2005, 02:18 PM
alright cool thanks guys, ill try that soon - been avoiding driving at nighttime due to this annoyance!

MRH-22A
08-12-2005, 06:20 PM
It's a bitch tryn to get the adjustments right~!

Lots of back ache lolz.

Gester
06-03-2006, 08:33 AM
Does anyone have pictures of these screws? Mine are to high and I keep getting flashed because everyone thinks I'm high beeming them. They're damn cool though ;)

Although the Halo light is useless lol

dundas
06-03-2006, 12:11 PM
yeah da ones not in use is your parker. u will find that ur stock parkers will fit in there perfectly.. ive changed it to my indicator though :D becuase of the bodykit. and its good.
with the fact the lights are shit.. man change them for sum brighter headlight s^_^ if i could pull the damn plugs off the stupid bulbs then i would have changed em with the diamond visions i got but i couldnt get em off so i gave em to my bro hehe. so yeh.. ive just gotten use to the lack of lighting. ^_^ bad thing as eyes are probably straining. so when i get sum more $$ il get sum better glboes and rip da old ones off ^+^

Rico
06-03-2006, 12:38 PM
wow old thread...umm yeah i managed to adjust the left light but the right light i cant get to cause the intake and battery prevent me from getting to it so its kinda annoying, and I too get flashed cause ppl think im high beamin them...and lol the angel eyes are all blown out wat a load of trash

dundas
06-03-2006, 07:53 PM
LOL 1 of mine blew, so i decided to equalise it on the other side hahah.. they still look sick without da angels :D

MRH-22A
06-03-2006, 08:51 PM
yeah mine blew a while ago... now i've disconnected all 4 of the halo rings.

MRH-22A
06-03-2006, 09:15 PM
Does anyone have pictures of these screws? Mine are to high and I keep getting flashed because everyone thinks I'm high beeming them. They're damn cool though ;)

Although the Halo light is useless lol

here are the screws that yooh need to adjust. goodluck.
http://www.ozhonda.com/gallery/watermark.php?file=500/7619temp.jpg

28RAG
08-03-2006, 12:21 PM
grrr i dont miss my accord due to these headlights, my halos lasted a few weeks, then the projector dropped as you pictured before. i aligned one side fine but the other side the screws must have been there for show coz they did nothing, i ended up using 4 zip ties to the rad support panel to line them up haha.

and as already answered the far side ones are for your parkers, when i changed to the buddy club kit i planned to make the far light into the indicators but when the halos died i decided against it.

accorddd
17-01-2007, 04:49 PM
i was going to buy these projector head lights, but they dont sound really great haha, whats best to buy, or ... just keep stock ones?, oh, and are they legal? thanks

MRH-22A
17-01-2007, 08:41 PM
jdm cd6 black housing wuld prolli be best

accorddd
17-01-2007, 08:47 PM
wow thanks, these look pretty cool... abit expensive, but still, v-nice :D,, do you know if these are legal in aus, or qld ?

MRH-22A
19-01-2007, 03:58 PM
the cd6 SiR lights? very legal.

theyre just the same as out stock lights but has a clear lense and black housing.

accorddd
19-01-2007, 07:20 PM
where is the best place to pick these up? ebay i guess?

MRH-22A
19-01-2007, 07:56 PM
yeah ebayus has a few but kinda pricey

u'd find better prices at wreckers... although they are kinda hard to find.

20-01-2007, 12:51 AM
Now you can take out the indicator on the bottom :P and change it to the little 1 plz take note.. to retain the bulb. hide it some where behind the bumper where the water doesnt touch it. so wont have any short circuit. If you take it out.. you know what happen if 1 of the blinkers gone :p

ahhaha.. dats wat i did to mine. and i got more cool air goes through my C.A.I

Good luck