PDA

View Full Version : Not really happy for dropping, i need your advice please

sydteg21
07-12-2005, 04:14 PM
This morning i went to the workshop to put 16" wheel with 205/45/16 and drop my car, that guy used king spring which gives me 2" drop and the aftermarket shocks i bought, after all that i still can almost put my 2 fingers through, i wasn't really happy about it even that guy said the spring will sag about 1/4 inches in two weeks, i told that guy that i wanted it lower to close the gap a bit more, then he said that no aftermarket spring goes lower that 2 inches, if i want to low it more they have to reset the spring ,it costs extra 150 dollars, and if it scrape the fender when i turn the corner, i can pay another 300 bucks to make the inside of fenders bigger or something like that.
The point is that i don't want it to be really low, just want it one finger gap or something like that (fender is right on the tyre)
I need your advice, should i go back to reset the spring a half ince or a ince lower , or just wait for a while . The guy is leaving on monday, so i have to do it either this friday or after christmas.
My car is integra, can any integra owners tell me how many inches you drop from stock height with 16" wheel ? And it pretty much close the gap without having any fender and camber problem.

Thank you very much .

Regards

Jeremy

BiGANG
07-12-2005, 04:54 PM
heaps of ppl make lower springs than 2" drop. lovells superlows are 2.5" drop and kmac i think are the same. You WILL have to correct camber with the car this low however. either with a real good wheel alignment or a decent camber kit later on. Anyway. If you arent happy with the drop just sell the springs and get some super lows or something similar but i would wait a couple of weeks first to see how they look after they settle properly because they often drop more than 1/4 inch. When i dropped my crx with the lowered springs the car looked higher than stock for a day or so until it started to settled and looked hot, so wait till they settle and if you arent happy sell the springs and get some lower ones.

LowEk
07-12-2005, 04:57 PM
this is the reason i brought coilovers its very hard to get the right height with just springs. there is king spring super lows that are spose to be 3' but still wont be low enough.a mate had super lows in his swift cut in half and it was only just tucking tyre (DO NOT DO THIS AS IT IS ILLEGAL AND DANGEROUS). i think there is also ultra lows which i think are 3.5' but not too sure on that one. you can get you springs compressed but you may only get 1/2 inch or so i think.your spring will settle but i think ide wait a lil bit longer than 2 weeks try more like a few months to really let them settle the more weight you put in the back more often the quicker they will sit down.

Rgds.

Domokun SPL
07-12-2005, 06:09 PM
Lowering a car may look good but it will change the dynamics of the suspension a lot. The standard shocks are just not made to handle a lowered spring.

I doubt that most people that lower their cars adjust the camber to suit. This will cause a lot of wear and worse performance.

If you want to lower a car properly, get some adjustable shocks that have adjustable circlip groves machined in (like bilsteins). This lets you adjust the height without affecting the bump/rebound and stiffness of the springs.

If you really must have your car that low, and dont care about the ride comfort, get some coilovers and adjust to suit.

sydteg21
07-12-2005, 07:18 PM
i think i might just wait to reset the king for another 1/2 inch, i got tokico shock, handling is pretty good now.
Two quick questions(1) when you turn 360 at roundabout , is it normal to feel the spring squish a bit from your steeling wheel.
(2)this is under the car, when i went over the speed bump today ,i already felt something scrape under the car, so i put my knee down to have a look, i found that the plastic thing (just before the header pipe,link with low front bumper) is quite low, it looks like a piece of plastic wall to stop the water getting up or something, anybody knows it, cos i hate the noise it makes

TYPE-ONE
07-12-2005, 08:14 PM
any pics of the current height?

sydteg21
07-12-2005, 08:17 PM
I will take it tomorrow since i'm going out soon

Kandy
07-12-2005, 11:15 PM
(2)this is under the car, when i went over the speed bump today ,i already felt something scrape under the car, so i put my knee down to have a look, i found that the plastic thing (just before the header pipe,link with low front bumper) is quite low, it looks like a piece of plastic wall to stop the water getting up or something, anybody knows it, cos i hate the noise it makes
Either take it easy from now on as the plastic thing or your car will scrape or accept the fact that one day the plastic thing is going to come loose/fall off and drag along the ground while you're driving (krhhrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr krrrrrrrhrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr) and rip it off now... ~_~ I don't know how that effects your car though, mine is half in half out and I just tucked it into something as I couldn't be bothered pulling the other side out.

Paul1985
07-12-2005, 11:21 PM
i think i might just wait to reset the king for another 1/2 inch, i got tokico shock, handling is pretty good now.
Two quick questions(1) when you turn 360 at roundabout , is it normal to feel the spring squish a bit from your steeling wheel.

If that plastic thing your talking about is what i think it is, if its that low its most likely just missing a couple of screws and sagging, check it out and screw it back up properly.

sydteg21
08-12-2005, 12:15 AM
Thanks man i will check it out

type one
08-12-2005, 07:24 AM
plastic thing aka "splash guard" synonmous problem on tegs... bolts will have fallen out or joints broken... may need to be cable tied :)

sydteg21
08-12-2005, 05:52 PM
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c9/jeremyfenghonda/DSC00355.jpg http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c9/jeremyfenghonda/DSC00354.jpg http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c9/jeremyfenghonda/DSC00351.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c9/jeremyfenghonda/blueintegr.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c9/jeremyfenghonda/blueintegr1.jpg

they said it got lowered 2", i just don't know if that is true or not, now front has 2 finger gap, back has 1 and 3/4 finger gap and they said i would sag 1/4 inch further, i just can't see how it can drop the lever i want .BTW when i put my heavy stuff in the back, i comes down a bit. I just want to be like the blue one, nothing more than that, so do you guys think i should go back to reset the spring for a half inch or a inch further or just wait the a couple weeks, thanks

one more chance
08-12-2005, 06:31 PM
at the moment its not quite 2" because the springs are still stiff. give it like a week or so and it'll be lower.. i guaruntee it. If you wanna close the gap, i wouldve went with a 2.5" drop and 17" rims.. will look alot better. dont be too stressed, theyll sag in time..

sydteg21
08-12-2005, 06:38 PM
Thanks man ,do you think i should go to reset for another half inch or a inch, then i will have the camber problem,damn

LowEk
08-12-2005, 07:02 PM
you may have camber problems i have coilovers and my car is way lower than that and i dont have any problems just as long as you get a wheel alignment here is a pic of how low my car is.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c143/MPR55/DSC00871.jpg

sydteg21
08-12-2005, 07:06 PM
how many inches did you go?

civ_sik
08-12-2005, 07:21 PM
coilovers are adjustable man so he can change it to pretty much where he wants it to sit... maybe should have got coilovers ... more flexability...

sydteg21
08-12-2005, 07:25 PM
i know it's adjustable, i just wanna know how many inches, so i can justify mine .

one more chance
08-12-2005, 11:31 PM
just give it a week.. if ur still not happy.. then look at other options...
but this is a perfectly natural phase.. just be patient.

LowEk
09-12-2005, 05:40 AM
just give it a week.. if ur still not happy.. then look at other options...
but this is a perfectly natural phase.. just be patient.

^^^^^^True True.

yourfather
09-12-2005, 06:00 AM
my integra's stock ride height is lower than that with 17's

sydteg21
09-12-2005, 10:11 AM
are you sure about that, cos i have to pay money to lift my muffler, previous style is like they call drift syle, if i didn't do that, my muffler would not be able to pass the speed bumper for sure.

BlitZ
09-12-2005, 11:00 AM
did u get king super lows or lows?

another alternative is to get new shocks..

sydteg21
09-12-2005, 02:09 PM
Thank you guys for giving me advices, i think i will leave it for a while then go to get a camber kit and reset my spring another half a inch down.

With the question i asked before, nobody has replied to me ,so i just ask it again , when i turn my steeling wheel to either the left end or right end (for example, i turn 360 degree, turn back the way i come at roundabout. During the turning, i can hear and feel a little like spring clicking, it is just constant until i turn steering wheel back ,it didn't happen before i changed the shocks and springs ,anybody had the same experience with that, thank you

yourfather
09-12-2005, 02:12 PM
no ive had no experience with that kind of thing, but im running stock shocks till I get my coilovers