PDA

View Full Version : Settings on HU (JVC)

mrwillz
07-12-2005, 09:37 PM
I've got a jvc - kd-g615

i got 2ways at the front and 6x9 in the rear shelf wif a pioneer sub

now wot are the preferred settings shud i use? i no the 6x9 were not 'recommended in the first place' but i fort nethin better then stock speaker.

shud i fade more the front?
max treble and no bass wif medium sub settin?
put ur opinions forward

also prefer users that may have experience wif jvc units 2 reply but ne opnions feel free.

DJIntegr8
08-12-2005, 12:25 AM
Hey there,

I've got almost the same setup, KD-G615 with 6" JL coaxials at the front, 6" Kenwood coaxials at the back and a 12" pioneer sub (soon to be 10" JL). Currently I have the front and sub amped, with +1 fade to the front, +2 treble and full sub... Then, if I want less bass, I can just turn down the sub setting.

You shouldn't really need to change it from the default, but the sound was coming from behind and all the treble up front was being lost in my shoes. Just play around with the settings until you find something you prefer.

Brendan

EDIT: Also I have the sub crossover set at "Low"

newmski
08-12-2005, 12:30 AM
fad most to front
i love my snares (high pitch sounds) so i have my EQ setting high for those..mess around with the bass to see what your speaker can handle...but your better off getting a sub. then you can setting the cutoff freq to the speakers and have a much nicer sound