PDA

View Full Version : sound setup turning off

Duesta
08-12-2005, 03:28 PM
Hey guys, i have this problem with my sound system. Basically everytime i jack the volume up to a kinda loud level, the unit just cuts out, powers off and powers on again.

I had this problem when all i had was my deck installed, i just recently put in a complete sound system, and now the level is higher than before, but still happens (at a much higher volume now). Does anyone know what the problem is? Is it just drawing too much power? or the capacitor or something?

I don't often jack the sound up all that loud, but the odd times that i do, i dont want it to just cut out on me like that.

VTECACCORD
08-12-2005, 03:33 PM
check all of your grounding points

bumography
08-12-2005, 03:44 PM
check the yellow wire and black one behind ur deck
plug the yellow wire directly to a cable going to a battery, try that (make sure its thick enough though) and see if it still happens

mj3610
08-12-2005, 04:10 PM
weird, i wouldve thought ur amps are overheating but seems like ur HU is the problem cause used to happen before u had amps/etc???

Duesta
08-12-2005, 05:43 PM
yeah the problem used to happen before i had the amps etc. Basically if i put the volume at say 16 it will cut off, but now if the volume goes beyond approx 28, it will do the same.

destrukshn
08-12-2005, 09:24 PM
dude..
check your earth on the head unit.
re-earth it somewhere else.