PDA

View Full Version : 98-01 Accord Console

joypop
08-12-2005, 07:42 PM
Before I say anything I'm fairly new to ozhonda forums and I'm not too fantastic with cars either.

Well... I was wondering can you place a V6 center console, that has climate control, into the VTI-L model accord(which doesn't have climate control)?

If it does, what does it require(besides the actual V6 center Console)? Does anything have to be programmed to ecu to allow it to work?

Any input would be appreciated...

SiReal
09-12-2005, 08:58 AM
Hi Joypop, most of us here dont actullay own that shape accord. usually euro. I think might be best bet to ring Honda themselves. Even if you could, it might be very costly. Also, i'm not sure about the climate control on the V6L, but when i had my Audi, the aircon would always want to come on, hence wasting more petrol. I've very happy not to have climate control.

btw, your car was for sale on the internet, is that correct? I noticed that it was lowered. what did u do u lower it and hows the camber wear and tear? any other side affects? Thanks mate.

EDIT: one other thing, migth be wise to pop onto google and do a serach on american forums for the 6th gen acccord or "v6performance" i think. (they have some V6 accords in our shape on that site) Good luck!

Aco3n
09-12-2005, 12:40 PM
I own the v6L model, and I don't think it's gonna be an easy job for you to do it, or it might be expensive for you to do the job properly.

If you want, try to get from the wreckers for the panel, and the sensors, since the climate control have several sensors around the dashboard.. I saw the placement for all the sensors are also available in my friend's car.

joypop
10-12-2005, 02:48 PM
SiReal, I got kings super lows. Yeh.. My car was up for sale on carsales.com I had a few people come look, but I was convinced by family to wait till I'm 21 to get a turbo car.

Anyway besides the point, I have 18" RacingHart rims so the car doesn't usually go through wear a tear. Only problem you may find is going down steep drive ways you sometimes hit the front or the bottom of your bumper.

Now you talk about my car I feel like puttings pics up of it LOL :p

Thanks for the input guys, I appreciate it :)

SiReal, You live in melb right? if you're interested in getting your car lowered send me a pm, I know someone who does it professionally(including springs) at a very affordable price, if anyone quotes you for 350 or more let me know ;)

SiReal
13-12-2005, 11:39 AM
Thanks mate will do so when time comes to lower. I have to wait til the current tires on my stockies finish first, then i'm going to put on the 17"s that i alreadyu have on and get tires for them as well, then lower. will let u know when that happens.

cheers mate.

he-tec
26-12-2005, 03:43 PM
Anyway besides the point, I have 18" RacingHart rims so the car doesn't usually go through wear a tear. Only problem you may find is going down steep drive ways you sometimes hit the front or the bottom of your bumper.

Now you talk about my car I feel like puttings pics up of it LOL :p

Thanks for the input guys, I appreciate it :)

put some pics up man, your car sounds nice....