PDA

View Full Version : Early NSX's

ludecrs
10-12-2005, 06:10 PM
hey guys.

Im looking for an S2000 in particular, but I may have found an NSX instead.
its a 1990/1 NSX, imported under the 15 year rule, but I was wondering, has anyone here had any problems with the NSX's? In particular their age? It has 40,000kms on the clock and a nice price to match it.

Just wondering if anybody here has had an experiences with earlier model NSX's and what I should look out for.

Thanks in advance.

Tu88y
10-12-2005, 06:24 PM
You will find you wont get much of an answer here.. As there aint many NSX owners on the forum.....

In saying that you should look out for normal things that you would look out for when purchasing a second hand car... or better go do a revcheck on the car...

aka_NSX
10-12-2005, 10:55 PM
if u dont mind tell me how much they are selling the car for?
r u in sydney? if so please take the car to Hannys Performance thats what i did with mine, he has licensed for NSX . . .
BTW I've got one for sale and already done with 02 conversion? if you interested plase PM

cheers
laski

pillow
10-12-2005, 11:29 PM
I'm going to guess that it's the one on tradingpost.com.au for $39,900.

.::F[L]Y::.
11-12-2005, 01:13 AM
$39,990 and done only 40000kms? damn thats cheap! NSX are becoming more affordable?

chicken8
11-12-2005, 12:55 PM
s2000 can be a daily

NSX cant

unless u have secure parking at work and everywhere u go

u dont really park an NSX on the side of the road

and the NSX is 10yrs older than the s2000

no power steering. harder to maintain. insurance. all things considered i would only get a NSX as a 2nd car. and only if my 1st car was already a BMW 5 series or something like that. no point driving a daihatsu as a daily and a NSX on the weekend

medo
11-12-2005, 01:04 PM
i thought the nsx did have powersteering, they removed it on the type r version for weight reduction reasons

BiGANG
11-12-2005, 04:52 PM
the nsx does have power steering dude. If you are only paying 40k for an nsx why cant you drive it every day. The whole design of the nsx is like a practical supercar, i dont see why you cant drive it every day unless you wanna put a full widebody kit on it or go something extreme like that. i dont see maintenance being that much more expensive for an nsx as compared to a s2k either

aka_NSX
11-12-2005, 08:25 PM
the nsx does have power steering dude

NSX 91-93 hasnt got power steering on the MT, only after late 93 has got power steering

chicken8
12-12-2005, 12:06 AM
i think the nsx in question will sell for 37k

and yes thats not much. thats an accord euro

but we're not talking about price. we're talking practicality and peace of mind

i would not park a NSX by the side of the road. just cos theres dickheads around who'll start trouble

anywhere i go i'll find secure parking.

i wont be able to do that all the time.

i dun think having an NSX as ur only car. and ur daily for that matter is very practical. and i think its not a good idea to have a civic as a daily and a NSX in your garage.

if u had this nsx. ur only car. bought for 37k. would u drive it everywhere? if i was to hit the clubs on a friday night. i would cab it rather than take the NSX whereas now i just drive home drunk in my civic.

stephen8512
12-12-2005, 08:53 AM
i think the nsx in question will sell for 37k

and yes thats not much. thats an accord euro

but we're not talking about price. we're talking practicality and peace of mind

i would not park a NSX by the side of the road. just cos theres dickheads around who'll start trouble

anywhere i go i'll find secure parking.

i wont be able to do that all the time.

i dun think having an NSX as ur only car and ur daily for that matter is very practical. and i think its not a good idea to have a civic as a daily and a NSX in your garage.

if u had this nsx. ur only car. bought for 37k. would u drive it everywhere? if i was to hit the clubs on a friday night. i would cab it rather than take the NSX whereas now i just drive home drunk in my civic.

nico has his as a daily driver, and he's modded the **** off his....very eye catching....cant see why it cant be a daily driver

drivin home drunk in ur civic? wats stoppin u from drivin home drunk in an nsx? regardless, u shoudlnt drink n drive man....i lost a mate to that. not smart.

Dipsta
12-12-2005, 02:54 PM
You can definetly use the NSX for a daily driver i have 140000 km on mine, It had only 50000 when i got it. Only thing is just because the car is cheap doesnt mean you will be able to keep it on the road.

My cheapest service has been $1000 and when a clutch goes there is $3000. I park my car everywhere and have even drove it up to Sydney for a cruise and only had one problem in four years. I guy reversed into my car and drove off. I costing me $5000 for a fender bender. It is very expensive to have as a daily but it is very reliable and never breaks down as long as you keep it in good condition. Get the NSX as it is a million times a better car than the s2000 and it will always put a smile on your face even after four years.

Come over to www.nsxprime.com (http://www.nsxprime.com/) to get more information on the NSX

aka_NSX
12-12-2005, 03:06 PM
there is no such thing is secure parking, i rather park my NSX on the street rather in the car park with noone around my car, at least on the street parking always ppl walking so its safer for ur car..........

actually i know a person that he only got NSX in his garage, and everyday he catch a train to work so why u need to have BMW and NSX :confused:

there is nothing wrong to have civic and NSX, HONDA still better then BMW anyway :D

ludecrs
12-12-2005, 05:29 PM
FOr me to insure this car, at the rip old age of 21 is just $1746 with JCI as a member for 3 years already. So insurance is not a drama.

The thing I'm worried about, is for a 15yr old car.... how is its current reliability?

No power steering...... eeek... my first car no Power Steering...

Thing is I wish to also track the car occasionally on weekends for a bit of fun.

I'll be checking the car out on Thursday.

One of mates believes the car has previously been a "drift" car. He something about the pictures looking like it has stretched tyres or something? [I dunno I couldn't tell the difference, and I don't know **** about drift]

ANd yes, it is the one in the tradingpost that I am refering too.

Come next year, AUDM NSX prices will fall slightly I believe, but not to the $40k mark, which is all I have to play with.

chicken8
12-12-2005, 06:23 PM
dude u're pushing ur budget like crazy

from selling the lude to go to runaround. to tiburons. to s2000s and now to NSX

what about the loan u owe ur dad and all that

but yeah. once in a lifetime chance to get a NSX for under 40k

but somehow the car screams suss to me. 40km on it. asking 40k.

but from the pix it looks like the guy lives in quite a posh area

Menthu Rae
12-12-2005, 07:52 PM
Like I said on PA dude, get an S2000.

You are playing with fire if you buy a $40K, 15yro NSX at your age and with your income - unless you get it checked out by someone who really knows both their cars and their Hondas... and even then - things can still break due to age/etc.

If I was in your situation, I would rather have a cheaper and newer car, than a more expensive older one. I love NSX's as much as the next guy, probably even more... but this is the real world, and you're a young guy with not a lot of money in the bank...

ONLY buy the NSX IF you can afford the following over a 12 month period:

* Rego
* Insurance
* FUEL (BIG BOLD TEXT, FLASHING LIGHTS ETC)
* Engine Rebuild
* Gearbox Rebuild
* $3000 to cover misc parts/repairs
* $2500 for tyres (and if you spend anything less than that, another $3000 to cover your insurance excess for when you crash)

All up you're looking at $40K + ~$18K + ~$5K (fuel) so... can you afford $63K? If YES, then think about this...

$40K for immaculate S2K + $12K (fuel/rego/repairs, everything) + $11K for mods

OK yeah prices might be way off - but with an NSX, and one of that age - you are talking serious money... and IMO, that money is better off spent on a newer car that isn't going to give you problems and that most importantly doesn't need to be treated like/isn't a supercar!

12-12-2005, 07:57 PM
if you have money for jam buy an nsx

SlobberGoat
12-12-2005, 08:47 PM
You cant even compare the 2 cars.

The s2k is ok.
The nsx is hot.

yfin
12-12-2005, 10:03 PM
I have no idea how much money you have or your income - but if you are just scrapping to get $40k - don't buy the NSX. It is a very reliable car but don't expect it will cost you zilch to keep running.

40,000kms on the odo for 15 years? - seems very low and I would want the car to be thoroughly checked by an expert to verify.

Little things like the condition of the carpet and pedals can suggest the car has done more kms.

12-12-2005, 10:39 PM
if i had an nsx i would drive it everywhere! =) at the end of the day its just a car...if you have the money to own it then you should have the money to support it.

nsx is definately on the shortlist for me when i decide to sell the S2K.

chicken8
12-12-2005, 11:14 PM
i reckon with a car like that. as soon as u buy it u have to do a major service on it

just to be safe. get everything nice

when u see some1 driving a 1970s ferrari dino wot do u think? hes just barely in the supercars class. why bother

not saying that the NSX is like that. but u're struggling to get by just to own a NSX

seriously dude. keep ur SI. live life comfortably and then get supercars when the time comes. in a few years

10KRPM
13-12-2005, 04:55 PM
Dude like everyone says if your just struggling to get 40k to buy the car then dont....it will never leave the garage and all it would take is one accident or breakdown and it would become a 40k paper weight while you somehow try and save the money to fix it and also make repayments at the same time.

Dude i would buy a cheap runabout....move up several income brackets and then buy a later model NSX......and you will be able to afford everything that comes with owning a super car.

Put simply you should buy a car that is half your annual income....rough guide but it works.

stephen8512
13-12-2005, 07:03 PM
why not a euro :D
u can pimp it up and its new
buy one 2nd hand. u could prob snap one up for about 23K or so and u wouldnt have to worry about insurance
performance is decent for a 4 door car

ludecrs
14-12-2005, 12:16 AM
I don't like giving out financial details, but perhaps it will be easier to convey.

I earn $1k/week. Thus approx $50-52k/year. I can save ~$1,800/month when required. Granted, by an NSX owners standard, that isn't much, I know that, but I still think, saving $1800/month is enough to get by, esp considering that is only savings, I can really crack down on my spending habits each week if need be [IE: no need to spend like $100/week on bakery food, no need to spend $50/week on magazines - there is $150 saved right there without even trying]

When I purchased the Lude alomost 2 n 1/2 years ago, I took out a $10k loan. It took me 2 years to pay off, during which time I also spent a further $12k on it. SO basically in 2 years, I spent $22k, on the Lude.

I'm not interested in an Accord [though I admit they are nice] because I don't want a 4 door car or an ITR, because I just don't like the look of them.

I was only looking at the Tiburon for fun. Infact that day I was looking at S2000's and just happened none were on the lot, and the dealer was trying to talk me into a 350Z for $50k, in which I promptly replied, nay too pricey, my budget is $40k. SO then we showed me the Tibby. 2200ks, not a dent etc, for $27k? I think it was.

I'm keen for an S2000, but may have to settle with a 350Z, as my 187cm body struggles to get in and out of the S2000 when the roof is down. And when your getting in and out of your convertible, chances are, the roof is always going to be up isn't it?

I love the appeal of the NSX, such a great performance car, looks etc, and $40k is the same price as my budget for a 350Z and an S2000.

I'm not stupid, in regards to what I buy. I'm very conscious in that regard.

The thing I have been wanting a reply to, is the age of the NSX. I have no problem purchasing and older car, IF I know it has an excellent reliabity record [not including knowledge of the car being flogged etc, because well then... I, just like yourself, wouldn't purchase it].

I've had the Lude now 2.5 years. I'm bored with it,have been for quite some time, and its time for an upgrade. I'm one of these people who likes to own cars that are a little bit rarer than your average done to death Skyline / 180 / RX7 / Supra etc. I'd rather have a car that looks great and performs ok than vice versa.
Find me a car that is 2 door, late model (2000+), and hasn't been done to death [and I'm not an ITR fan remember :)]. Its difficult trust me

Answer: S2000 / 350Z.
Monaro too I guess, but the parentals already own one.
DOnt want a Skyline, too common, an RX7 would be nice, but it would have to be a very late model one, slightly already modded. Few others worth mentioning, but none really tickle my fancy anywhere near as much as an S2000.

Thing is, I never said I was going to BUY this car :p, just considering facts that NSX owners have given. After checking out some import regulations, the 15 year regulation for importing cars, the NSX can be had quite cheaply. Like I said, insurance is only $1750 which is just astonishing. I was paying more than that for the Lude when I was 18. But I'm worried, since its a 15 yr old car, its more things that can go wrong.

I'm basically stuck earning $1k/week until I get some form of promotion :(. ANd in retail, further management oppertunities are scarce for someone my age, even with my paperwork of certificates to prove otherwise. So basically, I cant "move up a few income brackets" anytime soon.

I'm one of those people who is always "upgrading" things. Phones, computers, home theatre stuff, etc, I just can't help it.

To be honest, as each day goes by, I lean more and more to an S2000 [or 350Z], since, with sensible reasoning skills, this is the logical answer. I just don't trust a 15yr old imported car. Since I wish to track my next car for fun on weekends every once in a while, the S also appears to be the logical answer. But its the appeal of the NSX that lures me.... though, not fully as I know the dilemmas that could be had in owning such a vehicle.

I dunno. One thing is for sure though...... I'm goin to the dealership on Thursday to have a look at the NSX, kick some tyres, hopefully get a drive etc. :D

stephen8512
14-12-2005, 10:41 AM
RX7 FD Series VIII
heres a few i found on carsales. dont know which state ur in so i got a few.

RX7 FD Series VIII Link 1 (http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!cs_content.private_vehicle?vehicle_id=2716205&current_rec=18&used_rec=10&total_rec=99&sort_type=&total_rec=99&sort_type=&make_id=7&model_id=291&state_id=-1&search_distance=25)
RX7 FD Series VIII Link 2 (http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!cs_content.private_vehicle?vehicle_id=2655535&current_rec=80&used_rec=10&total_rec=99&sort_type=&total_rec=99&sort_type=&make_id=7&model_id=291&state_id=-1&search_distance=25)
RX7 FD Series VIII Link 3 (http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!cs_content.private_vehicle?vehicle_id=2013621&current_rec=71&used_rec=10&total_rec=99&sort_type=&total_rec=99&sort_type=&make_id=7&model_id=291&state_id=-1&search_distance=25)
RX7 FD Series VIII Link 4 (http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!cs_content.private_vehicle?vehicle_id=2471863&current_rec=57&used_rec=10&total_rec=99&sort_type=&total_rec=99&sort_type=&make_id=7&model_id=291&state_id=-1&search_distance=25)
RX7 FD Series VIII Link 5 (http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!cs_content.private_vehicle?vehicle_id=2488724&current_rec=54&used_rec=10&total_rec=99&sort_type=&total_rec=99&sort_type=&make_id=7&model_id=291&state_id=-1&search_distance=25)

i reckon a Forester STi would be awesome. As the STi version was never sold in Aus, it would be a rare sight to see a genuine STi forester. So obviously it would be JDM import. My mate is getting one (normal fozzie GT) and he's gonna mod it to the shthouse. costs 1/3 to insure compared to the WRX and is a mad pimp cruiser.
I know its a 4 door car and its a wagon but theres plenty of room for potential
Same with the B4 Liberty like this one (yes again, its 4 door)

Subaru Liberty B4 Gen III (http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!unique_content.enquiry?current_rec=26&page_number=3&vehicle_id=2659916&total_rec=2532&sort_type=1&ucategory_id=8)

or perhaps a WRX 2 door. (yes it is a WRX and yes a lot of examples of riced up/fully sick ones)

WRX 2 Door Coupe Link 1 (http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!unique_content.enquiry?current_rec=55&page_number=6&vehicle_id=2567029&total_rec=321&sort_type=1&ucategory_id=8&make_id=14&model_id=101&trans_id=2)
WRX 2 Door Coupe Link 2 (http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!unique_content.enquiry?current_rec=70&page_number=7&vehicle_id=2709778&total_rec=321&sort_type=1&ucategory_id=8&make_id=14&model_id=101&trans_id=2)

SlobberGoat
14-12-2005, 11:09 AM
These 2 statements don't add up.

"I earn $1k/week. Thus approx $50-52k/year. I can save ~$1,800/month when required."

&

"I'm one of those people who is always 'upgrading' things. Phones, computers, home theatre stuff, etc, I just can't help it."

So which is it? Can that person save or can't they? ;)

14-12-2005, 11:55 AM
just buy whatever makes you happy mate :)

i guess if you cant afford it then u could always sell it off

stephen8512
14-12-2005, 12:01 PM
Y::.']just buy whatever makes you happy mate :)

i guess if you cant afford it then u could always sell it off

ludecrs
14-12-2005, 04:24 PM
RX7 FD Series VIII
heres a few i found on carsales. dont know which state ur in so i got a few.

RX7 FD Series VIII Link 1 (http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!cs_content.private_vehicle?vehicle_id=2716205&current_rec=18&used_rec=10&total_rec=99&sort_type=&total_rec=99&sort_type=&make_id=7&model_id=291&state_id=-1&search_distance=25)
RX7 FD Series VIII Link 2 (http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!cs_content.private_vehicle?vehicle_id=2655535&current_rec=80&used_rec=10&total_rec=99&sort_type=&total_rec=99&sort_type=&make_id=7&model_id=291&state_id=-1&search_distance=25)

The only 2 I'd look at. The 5th link is only 10 minutes up the road, but when, link number 1, is the exact same car, but a 10hr drive south, and could possibly be had for $10k less, which would you buy? lol. Same kilometres and all.

ludecrs
14-12-2005, 04:28 PM
These 2 statements don't add up.

"I earn $1k/week. Thus approx $50-52k/year. I can save ~$1,800/month when required."

&

"I'm one of those people who is always 'upgrading' things. Phones, computers, home theatre stuff, etc, I just can't help it."

So which is it? Can that person save or can't they? ;)

YOu missed teh key word. when REQUIRED :p

When I have to save I can. Regular spending habits, I can save ~ $1200/month. Being a lil more conscious but still spending unnecessarily = ~$1800. if that makes sense.

After owning the Lude, I have become a real Honda fan boi. YOu all should be coaxing me into the S, not an RX7 lol :p..... although I do love series 6-8 RX7's :cool: :) I'd only consider a Type R RX7, since it was the last of the great machines made, thus its late model. 1000 made if I remember correctly?

stephen8512
14-12-2005, 04:45 PM
yes
the spirit R model came with full mazdaspeed gear from factory with steering wheel, bodykit etc etc
and it was the last of the RX7's to be produced and it was made as a celebration to the vehicle
personally i would get the 2002 model as it is newer and even though its a 10 hour drive, its little to sacrifice for such an awesome car

u get to live out my dream if u buy the RX7 cuz this car was gonna be my next car after the euro.
the late series FD Series VIII spirit R. *drooolz*

14-12-2005, 04:45 PM
for 40k there are many cars in that price bracket. some of the cars mentioned by the other guys are all great cars. Personally i own an s2000 but im also a big fan of the RX7 Series 8. Its jus a damn sexy car, but it doesnt offer the reliability that i have with the honda. An S2K and NSX are totally different cars so i dont know why ppl bother to compare them. If i were you i would purchase an s2000. 99-01 models can be had for around the 33-37k range. Its a much more livable car than the nsx, primarily being for your age you can drive it anywhere and park it without worrying as much about it. Also maintainence wise would be cheaper to run.

like i said before, at the end of the day its entirely upto you. your money your choice buddy.

stephen8512
14-12-2005, 05:14 PM
yeah i agree with fly
i think one of the reasons why pple compare the S2K to the NSX is that i think pple consider the S2K to be the flagship model in the honda range for the "everyday person" whereas an NSX is the flagship model for the honda range in general and is just so rare and a privelege to own one

if u were open to 4 doors there would be more options open.
if u decide to get an RX7, i say go for it, but remember, its a rotary and it will drink petrol almost as much as a V8.

NSX88X
14-12-2005, 07:20 PM
I've been wanting to chime in.

Anyways I'd be shocked if u end up paying $1750 for insurance.

Anyways an NSX for 40K if it was half decent every man and his dog would have had one, meaning if its available its either high k's or hasn't been looked after. I know 2 close friends that payed 40K for their NSX one had 160K and the other 200K but both the owners are going to give it an overhaul so it doesnt matter as much.

It can be a daily driver but if your struggling to buy the car having it as a daily driver will push you in deep financial probs.
I was earning a bit more than yourself with insurance being $4000 with just cars and thats sponsored. I calculated excluding mods the car was costing me $25K a year just to keep it on the road.

I think the 350Z would be a better choice if your 187 cm (i;m 181) the S2K seats aren't adjustable.

good luck.

It wasnt long ago i had to juggle my finance to squeeze in the NSX.

eg_08_wa
15-12-2005, 01:20 AM
just a suggestion why not consider the skyline 34GT-T i think youll get plenty of looks with that car..if anything were to happen to the car it would be a lot easier to get aftermarket parts/service etc...shrugs but then again wateva tickles ur fancy :thumbsup:

chicken8
15-12-2005, 01:51 AM
just a suggestion why not consider the skyline 34GT-T i think youll get plenty of looks with that car..if anything were to happen to the car it would be a lot easier to get aftermarket parts/service etc...shrugs but then again wateva tickles ur fancy :thumbsup:

you're gunna get flamed for that comment

lol

he said b4 he thinks skylines have been done to the dead. and man how do u even compare a skyline to a s2000 or NSX?

let the flaming begin

ludecrs
15-12-2005, 10:53 AM
lol man, I am the most anti Skyline person around. Respect their performance but hate the tools that drive them.

End flaming then and there.

NSX88X

I appreciate your comments. $25k/year in upkeep is rediculously high, even by a Honda perspective with servicing etc lol.

Here's the quote online at JCI:
http://www.justcarinsurance.com.au/retrieve_quote.asp?quoteNumber=QTE363385939
QUote Number: QTE363385939
DOB: 22/01/1985
PostCode:4208

Or here's a copy paste:

Premium Amount
Comprehensive $1,746

Reference No QTE363385939

Policy Type Comprehensive
Car Use Private
Quote Valid To 24 Dec 2005
Rating 3
Postcode of Insured Address 4208
Date of birth of youngest driver 22 Jan 1985
Gender of youngest driver Male
Year obtained licence 2002
Car has been purchased Yes
Car is privately imported No

What is this?
Excesses
Excesses on your policy are the amounts you have to pay towards each claim.

When one or more excesses apply to your policy, they will be shown on your insurance schedule and updated on your renewal notice. If required by us, you must pay your excess before we make any payment or provide you with any policy benefits.

You will not have to pay an excess if we agree that the driver of your car is not at fault and you give us the name and address of the person who was at fault or the registration number of their car.

The types of excesses are: Standard, Vehicle, Business Use, Age, Named Driver, Accessory, and Theft.

Please see Policy Documents for full details of cover.

Excesses
These are the excesses you must contribute to each claim:

Standard $400
Plus Vehicle $1,500

If applicable, you may also need to pay one or more of the following excesses in addition to the excesses listed above.

Age Excesses
Drivers Under 22 $400
Drivers 22 And Under 25 $300

Driving History of the Youngest Driver
The driving history of the youngest driver for the past 3 years is:

Claims and Accidents
Nil

Thefts
Nil

Licence Suspensions/Cancellations & Disqualifications
Nil
Your Car
1990 HONDA NSX 3.0 V6 COUPE MANUAL (IMPORT)

You advised us your car has no unrepaired damage
Purchase date Dec 2005
Purchase price $40,000

Amount Covered: $40,000
Plus Third Party Property Damage up to $5 million
The amount covered includes all non standard accessories and modifications noted on this policy

What is this?
Has the car been modified?
A modification is an alteration, conversion or change made to your car from its manufacturer’s specifications (e.g. lowering the car’s height by changing/altering the suspension, changing the exhaust system by fitting a larger one, adding a body kit, etc)

Just Car Insurance’s motor policy will only cover your car and its modifications if they are road worthy, legal and we have agreed to cover them in writing.

Modifications we have agreed to cover
You advised us there were no modifications on the car

What is this?
Select any Non-Standard Accessories fitted to your car
These are accessories fitted to your car that did not come standard from the manufacturer. These can include optional extras and/or after market accessories e.g. sound system, alarm, sunroof etc.

Just Car Insurance’s motor policy will only cover your car and its accessories if they are roadworthy, legal and we have agreed to cover them in writing.

Non-standard accessories we have agreed to cover
You advised us there were no non-standard accessories on the car

Endorsements
The Following Item(S) Must Be Fitted To Your Car For Your Car To Be Covered In The Event Of Theft Or Attempted Theft: Australian Standard Immobiliser.

I'm to go have a look at the car now just for fun. I have no intention of purchasing it though.

Dipsta
15-12-2005, 12:37 PM
It really seems that you are interested in buying the NSX so i will answer the only question you really want answered.

The NSX is an extremely reliable car as i have a friend that has 250000km and doesnt service it regularly and it still runs perfectly. 187cm is going to be a bit of a struggle, but you can get parts in the state to recitfy that. Another thing is you will be buying all of your aftermarket stuff from over in the states so be prepared to pay big dollars.

If you can get the insurance for that price you will be stealing it. I know of 40 plus owners who pay double that. Personally i pay $3700 with RACV for mine and i'm 28.

Only you know if you can afford the car dont let someone make up your mind. All i can say is be prepared to save because if something happens it will cost you.

15-12-2005, 12:49 PM
1700 for comprehensive insurance on an nsx is ridiculously cheap. Are you over 25? i pay 4200 per yr for my S2K!.

In regards to the comment made about the Skyline, if i were to ever buy a skyline i would get either the R32 or R34 GTR variants. Any other skyline is just wasting your money.

ludecrs
15-12-2005, 05:16 PM
Y::.']1700 for comprehensive insurance on an nsx is ridiculously cheap. Are you over 25? i pay 4200 per yr for my S2K!.

In regards to the comment made about the Skyline, if i were to ever buy a skyline i would get either the R32 or R34 GTR variants. Any other skyline is just wasting your money.

For an S2000, with quite a few mods under hood, I get charged $1800.

I can't find the quote, but it was for this car:
1999 S2000 with Carbon Fiber Bonnet etc etc etc. Click Here (http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!cs_content.private_vehicle?vehicle_id=2633189&current_rec=1&used_rec=6&total_rec=38&sort_type=&total_rec=38&sort_type=&price_max=45000&make_id=19&model_id=2621&state_id=-1&search_distance=25)

I'm only 20, 21 next month :)

ludecrs
15-12-2005, 05:22 PM
It really seems that you are interested in buying the NSX so i will answer the only question you really want answered.

The NSX is an extremely reliable car as i have a friend that has 250000km and doesnt service it regularly and it still runs perfectly. 187cm is going to be a bit of a struggle, but you can get parts in the state to recitfy that. Another thing is you will be buying all of your aftermarket stuff from over in the states so be prepared to pay big dollars.

If you can get the insurance for that price you will be stealing it. I know of 40 plus owners who pay double that. Personally i pay $3700 with RACV for mine and i'm 28.

Only you know if you can afford the car dont let someone make up your mind. All i can say is be prepared to save because if something happens it will cost you.

I went and had a look at it today.

The guy / importer was very upfront. Straight up said, it had a respray down the passenger side, and in the front. I could tell that though from the small amount of overspray in the engine bay.

The drivers seat was well worn, but the passenger seats was almost like new.

The black top was scratched in on spot, but could possibly buff out.

The rear spoiler definately needed a spray, but really the whole car needs a new coat of paint.

The gear knob was well worn too.

37's on the clock.

17's up front, 18s on the rear. Rims were Volks, but we're mildly scratched.

He waited 11 months to import it because of the stupid 15 yr rule that came into effect.

He has 2 more coming in next month. Both autos.

15-12-2005, 09:23 PM
that s2k seems like a bargain...nice parts list. i might ring him up and see if he wants to sell any parts :)

ludecrs
15-12-2005, 09:57 PM
Y::.']that s2k seems like a bargain...nice parts list. i might ring him up and see if he wants to sell any parts :)

ts been for sale for about 2 months now. He had pics up before. Very schmick. It must be flogged because seriously, someone would of purchased it by now!

I'd buy it if it was cheaper and / or a 2002 spec update.

Menthu Rae
16-12-2005, 11:18 PM
The drivers seat was well worn, but the passenger seats was almost like new.

The gear knob was well worn too.

37's on the clock.

Wound back, big time. :cool:

Dipsta
21-12-2005, 02:34 PM
That was what i was going to say. It looks like you should get a check up on the overall wear and tear of the parts.

Firstly it looks like he hasn't been honest with you as there is no such thing as the 15 year rule anymore. My guess is that he has brought it in as maybe a damaged car and put it together? A big accident on the passenger side?? new seats for the passenger. (My passenger is as worn as my driver and i drive to clients myself most of the time).

It looks like $40k is a big investment for you do you really want a car that you are not totally happy with??

10KRPM
27-01-2006, 06:03 PM
Out of context but im on holidays at the moment in Sabah Maylasia....and i wouldnt believe what i saw in used car lot inbetween a sea of micro cars and 4wd's.

A NSX. Im guessing its about 10 years old. I'll check it out probably on tuesday...see how much the guy wants for it and then maybe if someones really interested...import it into australia.

Malenic1981
30-01-2006, 10:44 PM
Mate from all the things you just said about that NSX plus 15years old I think I would drop it, it's better to get S2K, with few mods it's gonna look very nice and will go very good.

Your hight could be a problem, 350Z is good as well but there is few of them around, BMW M3 (E36) could be affordable for around $40000, that's rare and very good in any way (looks, performance ect)

spanks
14-02-2006, 01:58 PM
Your right they are a million times better than the S2000.Yes they are very expensive to keep but as a NSX tech it helps me out great.HAHAHA $$$$$$

AH_HUH
24-02-2006, 12:01 PM
I dunno if this will answer the topic but from my experience i owned a black 91 nsx with 180,000km's in 2002 and it proved itself to be a reliable car. i owned it for 1.5years and i drove it as a daily driver. The only minor problem that annoyed me was when u come to start the car itll be turning over for awhile before it actually starts. Other then that, fuel consumption was good and it turns heads. I always parked it on the street because the car was too low to get up and down carparks. As for insurance i got quoted $16,000 by nrma because i was and still am under 25 plus living in st johns park area.

StrawberryFace
25-02-2006, 03:41 PM
Y::.']1700 for comprehensive insurance on an nsx is ridiculously cheap. Are you over 25? i pay 4200 per yr for my S2K!.

Lol that is such a ignorant thing to say, just because it isnt a GTR doesen't mean it isn't worth it. Most skyline's have bulletproof engines and gearbox's...moreso than any other honda, the RB25 comes to mind.

And it isn't hard to get them to go fast, a few simple mods and your looking at an easy 170-180rwkw. Surely the vast amount of Skylines driving around is a testament to their value for money and reliability.

stock2k
26-02-2006, 03:43 PM

You're paying $4200 for insurance?!?!?!?!:eek:
You're getting ripped hard, i paid $3600 the 1st year and am now paying $1900. Man thats just money down the drain:rolleyes:

FEI_STi_REX
26-02-2006, 07:49 PM
nico has his as a daily driver, and he's modded the **** off his....very eye catching....cant see why it cant be a daily driver

drivin home drunk in ur civic? wats stoppin u from drivin home drunk in an nsx? regardless, u shoudlnt drink n drive man....i lost a mate to that. not smart.

that girl in your avatar is very nice... sorry, had to say it