PDA

View Full Version : Honda CIVIC wont start

shido6
11-12-2005, 09:30 AM
'93 Honda Civic with old block new VTEC cylinder heads. The Distributor Cap was cracked so I replaced the rotor and cap. I placed the spark plug wires on last as they were still connected to the old cap I removed the distributor as to not lose the order. When I try to start the car, the starter sounds solid, the battery is fine but the engine will not turn over. I've checked the cap but I am wondering if I wired them wrong.

Which cylinder should the rotor be pointing to if I wired them correctly?

-Shido6

Samo
11-12-2005, 07:34 PM
did u take the dizzy off??

if u did then the timings out

Paul1985
11-12-2005, 07:37 PM
so you can hear that its not misfiring?

bennjamin
11-12-2005, 07:39 PM
make sure the dizzy is inserted and aligned to its previous angle on the intake cam ~ make sure each spark lead is upon the actual correct dizzy contact point ~

ECU-MAN
11-12-2005, 09:31 PM
dizzy will only go in one way, firing order is 1342

get cyl 1 TDC compression stroke, but the dizzy back in the correct way. crank the engine, check for spark.

is your fure plump primming ??

Paul1985
11-12-2005, 09:45 PM
i was gonna say dont u just set the engine to TDC and align the rotor pointing at cyl 1. Im not sure on how correct i am though.

Also, check the spark plugs leads are correct and you could check the resistance in them with a multimeter.. it was amazing at TAFE how many of their leads were dodgey. This was how we checked them out..

You should be able to tell if a clyinder is misfiring though from the sound. Im still unsure of whether u mean that a cylinder is misfiring or whether you just cant get it to start up...

weezer
11-12-2005, 09:57 PM
Try swapping the leads around. Same thing happened to me. I replaced a few things in the dizzy then somehow it was firing 180 degrees out.

shido6
12-12-2005, 10:46 AM
I tried wiring the cap in various configurations and none of them will start the vehicle.
Im going to have a mechanic look at it in the morning.