PDA

View Full Version : URGENT Help - 6.5" Component Speaker Install

sifoo
11-12-2005, 06:47 PM
Hi guys,

I have an EK4 VTIR Hatch. Im trying to install Boston Acoustic 6.5" Splits in the front doors.

Im having trouble finding a spot to route my new speaker wire from my door to the cabin. (so it can go to my amp under my seat)

Im trying to route it through the existing door jamb module with all the existing power window wires .. but it wont go through

Much help needed

Thanks

destrukshn
11-12-2005, 07:34 PM
try drilling a new hole in your door.
but remember to use a grommit if you do that or use a rubber conjuit around the wires.

that or you can also do it the dodgey way if your that lazy, run it under your door seal and under your door trim.

sifoo
11-12-2005, 10:54 PM
where can i buy/find a rubber grommet?

how does it 'stick' to the door hole ... glue?

VTECACCORD
12-12-2005, 11:17 AM
i wouldn't drill any holes in the metal.

You have to drill through the molex plug, the electircal plug to run the wires through that. It takes a good 3 -4 hours per door to runt he wires through properly, but it can be done.

http://www.team-integra.net/sections/articles/showArticle.asp?ArticleID=257

sifoo
12-12-2005, 11:24 AM
thanks mate your my hero

except I cant pull the plug out .. and the wires inside are filled with yellow runny glue???

ill try it today

VTECACCORD
12-12-2005, 01:01 PM
dont worry about the glue, just wipe it off.

The connector has a clip on it if you push it down it should pop right out, it may be on the top side or the bottom side. Dont force it though, be very careful not to break this plug.

And drill it very carefully. Use a lot of patience, but trust me the end result is awesome. and you wont have damaged the metal.

sifoo
12-12-2005, 03:31 PM
Ok so ive cut my speaker housings off with a Dremel.

Question: Ive measured the depth of the the hole and it seems like it will give me 1" play (between the magnet and the window)

This will be enough room for the splits right? No spacers needed?

VTECACCORD
12-12-2005, 03:41 PM
if i were you, id go out and get some mdf board from bunnings and cut yourself a spacer. You will need spacers.