PDA

View Full Version : Wierd clicking noise... maybe CV joint

aimre
11-12-2005, 11:29 PM
Hey,
i got a little problem. i noticed when i turn left, i hear a constant clicking noise from the right (outside) wheel. Though i cant notice this when i turn right.
its only very quiet but its constant with the speed. It only happens when i turn hard and at speed... is this the CV? How do i fix it lol??

thanx

[T][L]
12-12-2005, 12:08 AM
yeah most likely it is your cv joint...

jackosimm
12-12-2005, 07:30 AM
Is this when your turning at full lock, or just a minor left hand turn?

aimre
12-12-2005, 09:15 AM
say like a 45 degree turn of the wheel, but its gotta be at speed so some sort of load is applied to the outside tyre, if that makes sense. I havent noticed it at like traffic lights it wont do it, or while parking

DannyB
12-12-2005, 11:26 AM
yeah i had this problem with my old honda city ....i'm guessing it's your CV, your best bet is to get a new one installed ....can't really fix them cause it just means it's been worn away

Limbo
13-12-2005, 03:48 PM
yup try and do a turn at full lock at about 10-20km and if it still clicks then that's what it is CV joint needs to be changed.

Also it seems fine when driving straight right?

A.G.System
13-12-2005, 05:31 PM
I have a similar issue but its comming from the rear of the car not the front.

Anyone have this kind of thing before?

Have recently upgraded to a Whiteline 22mm swaybar. Muffler was hitting the bar but has been fixed now. Other than that its a stock CXI.

Happens when turning left or right ...more so left.
Kind of like a clicking clunking noise.

I was suspecting that it could have been either the swaybar creaking but checked all the bolts etc and seemed fine . Or it could have been the rear shocks/springs now not sitting quite right.

Anyone?

mav
14-12-2005, 02:25 PM
I had the same noise thought it was CV's changed them still same noise it ended up beeing the wheel bearing.
hope this helps

Nodachi
14-12-2005, 08:31 PM
sorri to hijack the threat but how much will changing the wheel bearin be?>

mav
15-12-2005, 09:49 AM
just for the bearing was $175 and $75 for labour so $250 all up stopped all noises
Cheers Mav

ek4-guy
16-12-2005, 10:38 AM
This may sound silly but just something to consider for anyone havin similar problems ive had similar problems with my civic after putting bigger wheels an lowering it it now rubs the gaurds an sometimes in reverse at full lock the gaurd would cut little 3-4in slithers that would hang of the tyre an at high speed it makes this ticking noise also while turnin cause they r usually on the inside of the rim lol but yeah just run ur hands around your tyres if any loose slithers ripp em off

A.G.System
16-12-2005, 11:20 AM
Found a part of the problem on mine is the fact that the exhaust got a knock the other wweek die to a really high speedhump and that is ratteling agains the sub frame now. But Changeing the exhaust again soon so not going to be a problem for very long.

But that still doesnt allow for the creaking noise.

Think that i may take it into one of these suspension places like pedders for a free inspection and see if they can spot anything drastically wrong.

aimre
17-12-2005, 05:58 PM
Well, its not the wheels touching n e thing as the Fat fives, so there 15" with the right offset.

Its not the exhaust hitting n e thing, as it used to do that and it sounded diffrent.
I can also feel the clicking, like though the steering wheel