PDA

View Full Version : ITR Rear Sway Bar

sifoo
12-12-2005, 10:27 AM
Hi all,

Is the AUDM ITR rear sway a 22mm or 23mm unit? Bcause I know that the JDM one is 23mm

What are your views regarding the handling difference between 22mm and 23mm on a EK4 Hatch? Minimal or noticable?

Will an ITR lower arm bar fit on an EK4 subframe?

If I choose the 23mm bar will the D-links from the 22mm fit with no prob?

Thanks

Paul

BlitZ
12-12-2005, 10:50 AM
u would need aleast a beaks kit to get the bar onto an ek.. better yet get an asr kit.

the urathanse bushing on the std ek bar and ITR bar are difference... its bigger with the 22mm - ie. furtehr apart and your might need antoher hole drilled

u would also need to bring the bar forward... (beaks and asr does this already - your std ek4 bar does this too)..

barefootbonzai
12-12-2005, 12:07 PM
Y bother with a DC2 sway bar for? Why don't you just buy an aftermarket whiteline designed for your specific car. If you're talking about the lower control arms, no they won't fit on an EK.

And for the handling difference, if you are goin from no rear sway to any sway size (i got a 19mm) the difference is nite and day. Your car will defiinitely feel different to what you're use to. But on the other hand if you already got a factory one and switching to a bigger one, you probably won't be able to tell a differnce at all unless you have real good tires and a proper place to test your car.

sifoo
12-12-2005, 12:46 PM
ok so let me get this clear

is the AUDM ITR Rear Sway Bar 22mm or 23mm?

I have thought about the Whiteline bar - but have heard mixed opinion about quality .. engineering etc ..

and yes I will be going with the ASR .. but I thought you could only buy the brace?

BlitZ
12-12-2005, 01:29 PM
whiteline kit does "almost" nothing for ek (not eg/dc2) in terms of subframe reliability.... only helps slightly.

asr kit is in a league of its own compared to whiteline...

btw AUDM - 22mm
jdm - 23mm

but the older JDM ones are 22mm

ekslut
12-12-2005, 01:44 PM
you can get the ASR kit with the swaybar included. They will give you everything to get it to fit.

And yeah as Blitz said 22mm = AUDM, 23mm = JDM