PDA

View Full Version : Koni Yellow + GC Coilover Impressions?

sifoo
12-12-2005, 10:34 AM
Hi guys,

Thinkin about going the Koni Yellow + Ground Control Sleeve Setup.

Anyone running these .. if so what are your impressions?

It would be great to get some feedback with drivers who have experienced both Koni Yellow + GC vs Coilovers setups

I dont really care about the bling factor .. I just want something that performs.

Wakefield lap times would be helpful too

Thanks

Paul

BlitZ
12-12-2005, 10:55 AM
koni yellow and GC would prove to be more comforatable and would be great for wakie..

depending on the rates u u get for colovers.. but they are too stiff for my liking..

coilvers and koni yellow + GC.....? what the difference..?

its pretty much the same if u get the same spring rates and same damper adjustablilty..

difference is factory coilover and custom coilover

ill be aiming for 1:16-1:17 with both the GCKoni and coilover setups

sifoo
12-12-2005, 12:50 PM
Thanks BlitZ

well I have studied some shock dynoes .. and the gc and koni combo look pretty good in terms of adjustability and low speed cornering. Really dont know whether to do 10kg/mm F and 8kg/mm R .. or 8kg/mm F and 6/mm R

Also a lot of people are running higher rear rates than front .. so its all very confusing about what to decide

If anyone has this setup .. please post up your rates and sway bar setups .. wakie times would be informative too

Thanks

kk_
14-12-2005, 11:52 AM
where in oz are GC coilover sleeves available...? or do u have to import em over?

[ slayer ]
16-12-2005, 11:17 AM
i just got my ground controls, will be getting the koni's soon. have felt this setup in another crx and its sensational.

and i dont thing gc is available in australia, u have to buy from overseas. some ppl also buy from ebay but personally i dont trust ebay for such important things as suspension

Lukezen27
17-12-2005, 03:23 PM
Where the helll in OZ are you guys getting GC from anyway?

I was looking at that setup but it ended up being more than real Coilovers :rolleyes:

luzinit
17-12-2005, 07:27 PM
where did u get it from slayer??

bennjamin
17-12-2005, 07:41 PM
ebay seems the only place sofar...otherwise u can pay an arm and a leg from many of the US based parts sites...

Snoop_gee
17-12-2005, 09:30 PM
Are there any traders who provide importing of GC sleeves if so who?

grnlude
20-12-2005, 03:42 PM
Ebay's the only place you can get these. I got mine from Ebay and they are awsome.

sifoo
20-12-2005, 03:47 PM
what custom rates did you get? or are they off the shelf rates?

grnlude
27-12-2005, 10:09 PM
I got off the shelf rates. I'm don't take the car to the track or anything so their was no point getting custom rates.

Paul1985
27-12-2005, 10:59 PM
all the US guys swear by GC/Koni setup.
Ive been debating over this vs. coilovers recently and atm im leaning alot more towards a decent set of coilovers because of the option to adjust ratings and because of the availability. Also because im a complete noob to different ratings (only ever sat in a car with stock suspension).. A good set of coilovers will give me the chance to try out some different settings.

Im looking into some Cusco Zero 2's or some HKS Hipermax II's at the moment.

newmski
27-12-2005, 11:02 PM
u also might want to consider repairability in australia as far as brands go