PDA

View Full Version : Replacing front speakers laaa

SiReal
12-12-2005, 01:11 PM
Hey guys,

I've recently acquired a new car, and I've already replaced the stock 6x9s in the rear. I wanna keep the original headunit due to economical reasons. Now the fronts dont match and they distort at high volume. So....

The fronts are stock honda splits with the tweeter in the dash and because i'm a lazy mofo, i wanna just change the door woofers with say a 6" coaxial and leave the stock tweeter there. Will there be any power issues between the stock tweeter, stock crossover, and the new woofer? I just wanna plug and play. and I dont wanna disturb the equilibrium between the existing setup. Simple question. Hopefully simple answer.

Any help is appreciated. You guys rock.

Cheers

SiReal.

J-MuN
12-12-2005, 03:18 PM
If you change the actual driver/woofer and leave the tweeter, the sound wouldn't be as good as changing the entire split system over to an after market one. But seeing that you aren't gonna change your Headunit, it wouldn't make much of a difference in SQ anyway.

Are you sure there is a crossover box in your stock speakers?

SiReal
12-12-2005, 04:18 PM
Shouldn't be a crossover. I'm not too concerned with SQ, just dont want distortion thats all. Cos the aftermarket 6x9s work alot harder without distortion. And I'm just concerned that if i install aftermarket woofers, then the power difference might ruin the tweeters thats all. Didnt u work at JB? hehe..i'm that asian guy with big hair that always comes in to look at the car audio but never buys. The one that asked u about the initial D ages ago.