PDA

View Full Version : H22A Engine Problems??? HELP

MR-VTEC
12-12-2005, 05:03 PM
hi,

well just recently my engine has been acting a little weird.

nothing has been changed and this has only happened recently.

when i go to accelerate from a stand still the car hesistates then goes.

when i parked the car and let it idle for a while i pressed on the accelrator and its fine if you slowly increase the revs but if you step on it with a little bit of urgency it hesistates and the revs drop, it almost stalls then it somehow clears and revs out. i dont know whats going on?

anyway i was thinking maybe fuel pump or fuel filter or both?

anyone got any ideas as to what it might be?

what i dont understand is why it only happens at low revs, and why it happens when you accelerate too fast from low revs or a stand still?

thanks for any help:thumbsup:

ECU-MAN
12-12-2005, 09:29 PM
low revs = engine loaded = more strain on ignition system.

you may have bad leads or rotor button

MR-VTEC
13-12-2005, 04:20 PM
the idle is playing up too now, sometimes after start up it will idle for awhile then drop to around 500rpm then stall.....

ECU-MAN
13-12-2005, 09:31 PM
did you check the ecu for codes

Spoon-Accord
13-12-2005, 10:30 PM
ahh dood.. i had this..

get stock leads.. it works :D

and change the cap and rotor button too while ur at it

MR-VTEC
14-12-2005, 09:23 AM
yeah ecu is fine...

i have stock leads....

what i dont understand is why it is only happening low in the rev range, even when the car is reved in neutral it occurs???

honda_b_blastn
14-12-2005, 05:38 PM
Do a simple spark test at idle,and see if you have sufficent spark(make sure you earth the leads).
So its not an eratic idle?just a idle that drops throttle is opened? IAC valve perhaps? mine had an eratic idle jumping between 800-1500,H series have a idle screw in the throttle body for the IAC control,they tend to block up.
Since its an off idle sympton check all these passages of the idle and off idle circuits such as connections,blockages ect.You are running microtech correct? could be a fault in that system perhaps?

Spoon-Accord
14-12-2005, 06:18 PM
yeh.. i used diffrent leads. new plugs. cap and rotor or even a new dizzy trust me

kenny

honda_b_blastn
14-12-2005, 08:30 PM
True true,ive herd the H series have a few probs with the dizzy's,personally havnt had a drama yet but yer...let us know how you get on mate..

ECU-MAN
14-12-2005, 09:23 PM
what i dont understand is why it is only happening low in the rev range, even when the car is reved in neutral it occurs???

dude

in neutral, there is no load on the engine. the gas pressure in the combustion chamber is low ( in all the rev range )
as soon as you start driving you car, you engine has to work harder because there is load on the crank, so gas pressure in the chamber increases, becuase of this the ignition system has to work harder. while the ignition is working harder, the spark will take the least resistive path to ground. that may be a crak in the neck of the lead ( the bit that sits between the rocca cover and the spark plug ) or a crack in the rotor button or cap.

you engine is useually loaded alot when you take off from lights.
down shifting and more than 1/2 3/4 throttle.

hope this helps you understand

MR-VTEC
28-12-2005, 09:40 AM
yes i am running a microtech, checked but its not throwing any codes???

if there was a problem with the IAC control would that have any affect on the engine off idle? sorry not too familiar with this.

update.

today the car died on the way home so i got an racq guy to come out and he checked everything...... pulled the distributor apart, checked rotor cap, the leads, the plugs, vacum hoses etc.

couldnt find a fault. my mechanic and the racq guy both agree its more than likely to be an ignition problem but where do i go from here?

again, thanks for your help guys.

MR-VTEC
28-12-2005, 09:42 AM
oh by the way eventually got the car to fire up again, but its still missfiring at low revs and stuttering when accelerating from standstill or low speed til about 2000rpm and still wont hold idle.

Weq
28-12-2005, 11:00 AM
replace parts dude. stop f'ing aorund.

187_20v
28-12-2005, 11:32 PM
yeh change it already
ive got the same happening 2 my car
gotta take it 2 my mechanic next week
hope that fixes it

MR-VTEC
29-12-2005, 01:11 PM
yeah that was my view too but the thing is, which parts is the problem?

i suggested to just replace the distributor in the first place but they reckon if its not that, it will be a good waste of a couple hundred dollars.

any more suggestions or people who have had similiar problems, what did you do?

187_20v
29-12-2005, 04:39 PM
true

money doesnt come by easy

essmangti
11-01-2006, 10:09 AM
great info

[[d a n n y]]
11-01-2006, 10:32 AM
check your plugs.
it's not much help just u typing wont help.
go out and replace the parts
start from the plugs.
then work on the leads

essmangti
11-01-2006, 10:41 AM
i wasnt being sarcastic...i had the same prob i replaced the leads and i fixed it

thanks to the info from this whole thread...

MR-VTEC
11-01-2006, 07:15 PM
yeah i replaced the leads and plugs and that has fixed the hesitation but i still have a sensor error somewhere. i'm getting my tuner to sort it out

Banana
11-01-2006, 07:51 PM
this happened to my toyota hiace and mitsu pajero, the fuel pump got clogged up, just wash it out, and but a new one for atlease 300.