PDA

View Full Version : How to adjust koni yellows?

vteccoupe
12-12-2005, 08:20 PM
as above..hw to adjust the koni yellows height?do i have to remove the whole suspension to change the height setting or i can jus take off the wheels and able to adjust?please help!!

luzinit
12-12-2005, 08:34 PM
depending on what type of springs u have, with some springs u may be able to fit a spring compressor between the coils and compress then, and then adjust the circlip to change the height at which the spring cup sits. otherwise if that fails u have to take the whole thing off... as in the, the whole shock assembly from the car

vteccoupe
12-12-2005, 08:59 PM
depending on what type of springs u have, with some springs u may be able to fit a spring compressor between the coils and compress then, and then adjust the circlip to change the height at which the spring cup sits. otherwise if that fails u have to take the whole thing off... as in the, the whole shock assembly from the car

im using king springs

bennjamin
12-12-2005, 09:09 PM
im using king springs

to be safe , just take the entire shock out again ( only 2-3 nuts and 2 bolts front and rear....quick) , take off the top and adjust the clip with a flathead screwdriver or similar ~ reassemble then reinstall :wave:

SINISTR
13-12-2005, 01:25 AM
As far as I know... Koni YELLOWS and REDs are only DAMPER adjustable. To adjust height you do it with lower springs.. or with a coilover set.

But on their own, Yellows are only damper adjustable.

vteccoupe
13-12-2005, 01:28 AM
As far as I know... Koni YELLOWS and REDs are only DAMPER adjustable. To adjust height you do it with lower springs.. or with a coilover set.

But on their own, Yellows are only damper adjustable.

u r very wrong....for EG and Ek...koni yellows are both height and damper adjustable

aozora
13-12-2005, 03:07 AM
u r very wrong....for EG and Ek...koni yellows are both height and damper adjustable

Height adjustable only to certain points.
I think they come out stock with 3 circlip grooves of adjustment? You can machine more however if you really wanted to...

nedgeworth
13-12-2005, 07:14 AM
2 Circlips of adjustment. If you wish to have a different height you can actually have additional circlip grooves made to your liking :)

SINISTR
13-12-2005, 11:21 AM

... i did say 'as far as I know' didn't I?

Newer models did come with 2 or 3 notches of adjustment and possibly an External damper adjustment if you want to be specific.

And as benn said probably better to remove the shock, adjust and refit.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

BlitZ
13-12-2005, 03:33 PM
ive got 6 on each. u can get them customised with as many perches as u like